Thread: Manga: XBlade

Manga: XBlade

Just started reading this, and I think this can become a nice series. At least it has a couple of things I really like; I think the art is good, the action is great, there's a ton of violence, and a mix of barefist fights, swords, and guns. There are also a couple of hot chicks here and there that I'm sure a couple of you guys will enjoy... including some full frontal shots, hehe.

Even though only 9 chapters are out, the chapters have quite a bit of content, so there's plenty going on already... athough it was hard to say were this series was heading at first. But after chapter 9, I think you can get a good glipse of where this series is going. There are evil organizations, conspiracies, etc. at play here... and from what I can see, there are like 3 or 4 different group of people with their own agendas, so it'll be interesting to see if this becomes a free-4-all at some point. So far I've seen a couple of fights with 3 different kinds of groups fighting each other.

You can get all that has been released so far from here:
    http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/1539

It's being scanlated by NCIS:
    http://www.ncismanga.net/

Four years ago, a large scale disaster in Tokyo claimed two million lives. The remaining thirteen districts of the city were isolated into the Tokyo Barricade Zone. Morisaki Harumi, an unruly kid with great fighting strength, is his family's sole survivor from the incident.

One day, in a traffic accident, Haru gets pulled into a world of violence and meets Mana, the girl who turned herself into an ancient sword.
    http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=10956

I liked in chapter 8 Morisaki Harumi's uncontrollable laughter as he was playing around with his opponent.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Hmm, with that... chapter 10 was just released, you can get it from the link above.

And yeah, I liked that scene too. But it's wierd because the way they presented it, it was like it was Morisaki himself laughing and yet not... it's like he suddenly has dual personalities and he's aware of what they do, though maybe not in full control of what they do. Although you can see it like he has control of himself, but there's some urge to drives him to do what he did. I don't know, it's interesting to see.

Just read the series and am liking where this is headed so far.

Yeah, it seems at this point that he has this duel personality and could possibly be the original wielder inside him, no needs to fight with who he truly his and get Mana to recognize him for Morisaki.

Seems to be plenty of action and I like how it isn't all Katana, we're seeing other weaponry like the spear and longer katana, possibly see a sickle and ball later also, dual swords, etc.

The tits do help my enjoyment of this I have to say.

Well, new chapter is out... 11:
    http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/1539

Okay this was a nice chapter but I couldn't help but wonder if things aren't moving a bit too fast. I mean we're only at chapter eleven and we already have so much information. Its not really a complaint, I'm just wondering if the pace is not going to get extremely slow later.

-Btw things are getting abit too Bleach and Naruto esque.
    Last edited by Abdula; Fri, 04-18-2008 at 10:12 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

I haven't read 11 yet, but there are more things to consider than this being "Chapter 11". Each chapter is this series is quite big, for example the first chapter was around 90 pages and the second one about 70 pages, so there's a ton of content in each chapter. What also helps matters is that the main character is quite impulsive... I myself like the current pace, but you have to keep in mind that these are not normal chapter lenghts either. It comes out in Shonen Sirius, which is a monthly magazine if not mistaken.

Yeah I'm aware of that so every one chapter is roughly equivalent to about 4 chapters of say Naruto. I like a lot of content which is why I usually only read mangas by the volume. There is this to consider though as is the norm, the number of pages has gone down significantly with each release chapters 8, 9 and 10 had 32, 38 and 38 pages respectively. Its not that I don't like the current pace I just wonder how long they are going to be able to keep it up for.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

So they transported (unsuccessfully) an whole Island ontop of Tokyo... that's a bit crazy. I thought it was a good chapter, many things get revealed, but you have to take what has been mentioned with a grain of salt since we're clearly getting only one side of the story. The chick bodyguard should turn out to be a cool character, I like her already. I'm not sure about the sister being alive plot device though.

I guess she might be a potential love interest? It's like that a lot, we have the loli'er (usually the main love interest) and then someone with a bangin' body.