Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gundam 00 Episode 24

I'm thinking all the exploding suits with intact cockpits this season are just set ups so some of the cast can come back wearing masks in the second half. Gundam sans masked man is just not right. Now Ali, Allelujah, Tieria, and Patrick all have the potential to become masked men. Ali is the most likely to full this role but Patrick's cockpit wasn't destroyed either and he is a pro at surviving getting owned I'm not really sure about the Meisters but hey, why pay a different VA when you could just use the same one. It doesn't seem like the story of this series is important enough for budget sacrifices to be passed up.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Tue, 03-25-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Patrick's GN-X had only the legs remaining. The remainder of the mobile suit was totally vaporized. He's gone.

yeah... just re-watched it. They showed the trademark "vaporizing in the cockpit while looking surprised" shot of Patrick. He's totally toast... which surprises the hell out of me, since i thought they'd drag that useless character out all of the way to the end of the second season. Good move getting rid of his dumb ass...

As for the rest, seriously... I want to go on record here, we're going to see Ali making a return in season 2.

But y'know... re-watching Ep. 24 has me thinking... I'm watching Lichty and Chris during their death scene, and i find myself wondering if either of them were human, or perhaps something more akin to Tieria? Like, say, a human computer, designed to operate the support vessel for CB? Sounds like a bit of stretch, but it would lend logic to the "let's shock everyone by killing off the entire support crew" turn of events... just saying... maybe they'll be returning, again, as synthetic humans in season 2... after all, we still don't know what the true nature and mission of Celestial Being is... and we don't know what the tie to Jupiter is either...

Still a lot of unanswered questions to be making solid assumptions... I'm hoping for a "knock you on your ass" kind of surprise plot twist.
    Last edited by Gunslinger_BlaQ; Wed, 03-26-2008 at 12:12 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    From what I got out of Aeolia Schonberg's speech, he wants to see a world without conflict. I trust a dying man's last words, even if it's prerecorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger_BlaQ
    Sounds like a bit of stretch, but it would lend logic to the "let's shock everyone by killing off the entire support crew" turn of events... just saying... maybe they'll be returning, again, as synthetic humans in season 2... after all, we still don't know what the true nature and mission of Celestial Being is... and we don't know what the tie to Jupiter is either...
    No, that would lend no logic at all. Killing established characters in a dramatic manner is a very solid building block of good stories, and has been ever since the ancient Greeks invented the modern theater. Its impact factor on the audience is also one of the highest of all aspects of drama. Bringing back already clearly killed characters equals thus to digging ground from under your own feet as it soils the whole effect unless done very carefully indeed and only in a suitable story, like those involving gods capable of resurrection or something.

While I don't exactly considering this Gundam 00 any masterpiece of script writing, I at least think all the numerous deaths happening are carefully considered and placed there to lend realism to the story (which is sorely lacking realism in other departments).

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    From what I got out of Aeolia Schonberg's speech, he wants to see a world without conflict. I trust a dying man's last words, even if it's prerecorded.
    what about the american professor... what he said before HE died...

I believe that too. But remember the Jupiter mission was something that happened later. Schonberg's will was passed onto other people. The people may have had different intentions, like the Corners for example. Quite clearly, mischief was already happening then.

Okay, this has little to do with this particular episode. I was wondering why CB is able to repair Lockon's eye, but Louise can't get her hand regenerated?

Makes me wonder, is Lockon cybernetic too? Or is CB just better at everything they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Everon
    Okay, this has little to do with this particular episode. I was wondering why CB is able to repair Lockon's eye, but Louise can't get her hand regenerated?

Makes me wonder, is Lockon cybernetic too? Or is CB just better at everything they do?
    Technology wise, CB may well be superior. We have yet to see any other cybernetic being from other organisations. Was Louis's hand shot off, or crushed? That could be the difference between her and Lockon's injury.

The nurses claimed that Louise's arm could not be regrown because the stump was irradiated with GN particles.

Lockon's injury was more likely caused by shrapnel, as the Gundams (or at least the pilot suits) should have a fair amount of shielding against the particles they produce.

[QUOTE=Buffalobiian]We have yet to see any other cybernetic being from other organisations. /QUOTE]
    I don't think this means much. Aside of the Veda users, we had no idea there were any cybers at all... Hell, for all we know, half the cast could be robots! (although, that'd be weird...)

I had a wild theory early on that most of CB are cyborg doubles (and the originals are still on earth -- which would explain Lockon's twin and the need for code names). But there are some huge gaping holes in that.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i still can't believe Tieria and Ali are gone...

like, they can't do that. There's too much still to be resolved with those two... Guys like Licht and whatever her name was are a dime a dozen, even if they finally got their little biography in this episode, but Tieria and Ali have to still be out there.

I liked that Licht tried to protect her, and that she tried to make him feel like he actually did... That part was almost as good as the fact that HAlleloujah was in this episode. He wins.

Outlaw Star, as Ryl said... So true... so cheap... One more reason to hate Alejandro. Treize he certainly is not. And that disgusting gold thing really is the nail in the coffin for technological realism in this show.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".