Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night: The Game

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    52% edited.

(Like I said in a previous post, If any of you don't have the visual novel yet, PM me for a download link for the ISO, about 1.8gb big)

I just watched Ep 15. It was amazing. The Cliffhangers were so good, that I could hardly wait to Doube-Click on the the next file and keep watching. Both Ep 15 and 16 were fantastic. I am really looking forward to watching the rest of this series over the next couple weeks. I have only one worry, which is that they wont be able to keep the Ep's this amazing. ~gonzo

Don't worry. It's a Type-Moon series we are talking about here. Excellent endings are their specialty. Well, that is assuming you can appreciate Type-Moon style endings. But you will see.

Well, well. With editing pretty much finished the UBW route will be entering beta stages. If the beta testers are even half as energetic as the editors were of late, it shouldn't take that long anymore to get a release out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror Moon
    10/11 Day 14 done except for the Hscene
    10/11 Another update

10/13 Another update. You know what's left ^^
    !! beta testers: please look on the report forum.

UBW editing progress: 97%

Oh god, please let it be out before the end of the month!

(not that I believe in god anyway.. but it's worth trying)

Maybe I'm stupid, but is this about a H game or something? I also see stuff about a novel.. what is it exactly?

Yeah. It's an H game. The game type is a visual novel, though.

I'm a bit confused now..I'm not into the H stuff, so is this game something for me? I just want to get to know more about the FSN world...
    ps. what is a visual novel..what kind of game is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    A visual novel (ビジュアルノベル, bijuaru noberu?) is an interactive fiction game featuring mostly static graphics, usually with anime-style art. As the name might suggest, they resemble mixed-media novels or tableau vivant stage plays. Visual novels are commonly called dating sims in the West, a misnomer as visual novels are classified as a sub-genre of adventure games and not simulation games. This has led to confusion with the other genre known as dating sims, which often shares a similar visual format with visual novels, but has gameplay based on statistics.
    The gist I get is that they are essentially like an anime that the 'player' can influence the outcome of by making choices for the main character at different points. For example, imagine if you could control Shiro and made him romantically pursue Rin instead of Saber this would lead to a different outcome than if you had pursed Saber, but stuff that has nothing to do with your choices would still occur (Illya and Berserker would still attack, The Priest would still be doing what ever he was doing), but the way the situation is approached bythe main character would be different based on how you made him act.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Sun, 10-14-2007 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji
    I'm a bit confused now..I'm not into the H stuff, so is this game something for me? I just want to get to know more about the FSN world...
    ps. what is a visual novel..what kind of game is that?
    Here's the demo (And some information)
    http://www.insani.org/fate.html
    The demo is just the Prologue to the Saber's route. (And the others too)
    It is when Rin summoned Archer and just before Shirou gets Saber.

Try it, there's is no H scene in the demo and it is really nice.

And the H-scenes are just pictures with musics on them and tons of text to read. It's not like an Anime Hentai or stuff like that, there's no "moaning", no voice, just music, pictures, and text. (And some "specials effect" depending on the scene)

If you want the whole game, tell me by MP.

Well, Tsukihime >>> Fate Stay Night
    Granted, the Tsukihime anime was terrible, but Arc is so much better than Saber.

That's right, I went there.
    *Puts on flame retardant suit*

Quote Originally Posted by Church
    Well, Tsukihime >>> Fate Stay Night
    Granted, the Tsukihime anime was terrible, but Arc is so much better than Saber.

That's right, I went there.
    *Puts on flame retardant suit*
    *Insert flame here*

Well, I can't really talk because I never seen the Anime Tsikihime, and I can't find the novel anywhere for download(and I don't want to pay for it) though I have no doubt it is good since it is a Type Moon series (A old one though..), so I will just ask you to leave this thread to never return unless you have something other than flame to say about the Fate/ universe.

Edit:
    10/14: UBW editing complete!
    Only proofing and installer testing is left!
    Proofing will go at the pace of the testers, so I'm gonna go play Konnyaku while I wait ^^

10/15: Wow, this is more work/tedious than I thought...
    10/15: I am so burned out... Day 3 alone took me 5 hours to complete...
    The editing is done and they are testing, day 3 is done already, almost doooone ! :dance:
    Last edited by BioAlien; Tue, 10-16-2007 at 12:43 PM.

It's hard to judge the general progress without remembering how long the individual days were, and thus it's too bad the testers aren't summing it up with a total percentage progress indicator like the editors were. But nevertheless right now the testing seems to have cleared days 3-7. So, it's 5/12 right now (42% unweighted). The last days might have been a tad long, though, if memory serves, but let's remain hopeful.

Only 2 days + Epilogue left.
    11/12 Update. The last few days are freaking long, though!
    Can only hope that it will be done by the end of the month..
    Last edited by BioAlien; Sun, 11-18-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Any of you seen this?
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_uc/

I was wondering if it was really related to the Fate universe, and it is! The type moon logo is there, even the Fate/Tiger logo is there.
    Wonder what this game will be about, maybe a fighting game? That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BioAlien
    Any of you seen this?
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_uc/

I was wondering if it was really related to the Fate universe, and it is! The type moon logo is there, even the Fate/Tiger logo is there.
    Wonder what this game will be about, maybe a fighting game? That would be awesome.
    Deffinatly looks like it has something to do with the Fate universe, i wonder what it could be? looks awesome though cant wait to see what the site looks like when its opened.

12/01: The testers are mostly done with their part, and the biggest work right now is on Message, who is currently building the installer.
    You could say things are looking good when the installer is already being built!

The percentages haven't moved for a while, though, but perhaps they just forgot to update them or just one of the testers hasn't finished, or something.

The bringers of good news are less frequently shot on sight, so here's some hope delivered:

1/3: All proofing is finished. All that remains is the installer. I shall go translate more of HF in that time...

They have been on the Utawarerumono installer since the end of November 2007 or so.. and it's not even done.
    So how long until this one is completed?

(Does it really take a lot of time just to make a installer?)

Fate/Stay Night Fighting Game by Capcom

http://the-magicbox.com/0802/game080218b.shtml