Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night: The Game

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

Fate/Stay Night: The Game

nerco-posting...because I have awesome news

The English patch of the game is finally out! find it here http://mirrormoon.org/

More information later as soon as I stop playing it again...
    image fail!

HellZ effing yea! Deadfire, your greatest post ever!
    *Lucifus bows his head in silent worship.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Seems like only Saber's route is out. I'll probably try it in a bit.

They're translating Rin's route next, as interesting as Unlimited Blade Works is, I'd rather not have to wait for Heaven's Feel last. Sakura's arc is the most interesting out of all of them. It also has the most drama.

I downloaded the patch several days ago. Just installed yesterday though.
    Had trouble running the game, since it requiered to change all my configuration to japanese, even though the english patch mas installed. Didn't get pass day 1 though, my head was spinning because of the damn flu. Maybe I'll continue later.

Hmm.... Anyone know where I could download the game? And it's for PC right?

Also.. Any news on fate/zero?

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    I downloaded the patch several days ago. Just installed yesterday though.
    Had trouble running the game, since it requiered to change all my configuration to japanese.....
    Use microsoft Applocale.
    -----------------

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by Id3aLiStiC
    Also.. Any news on fate/zero?
    Fate/zero Has two volumes out right now with the last releasing 03/31/07.

The current translation is being undertaken by various members of the Beast's Lair Forum and only hosted by Baka-Tsuki.It doesn't have the visual scans of the visual novel but it has the translation for it. It appears the visual novel even in raw form doesn't exist (at least with out looking really hard for it)

Find out more here

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...itle=Fate/Zero
    image fail!

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    Use microsoft Applocale.
    Downloaded it, but it won't install.

I get this error message:

"Windows cannot open this program because it was restricted by a software directive. For more information ask your administrator"

Some weeks ago I had trouble with several spywares that modified my registry, and I fixed everything I found. Dunno if something was left behind, or if there is something else I need to change on my pc to install Applocale.

Any help darkshadow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    They're translating Rin's route next, as interesting as Unlimited Blade Works is, I'd rather not have to wait for Heaven's Feel last. Sakura's arc is the most interesting out of all of them. It also has the most drama.
    I don't mind that. When playing the game, I have found Rin actually much more interesting than in the anime (not that there would have been any problems there, either, but still), and it would be nice to see what kind of story would be revealed from her route. For some reason Sakura hasn't much interested me at all. Well, I have only seen the anime and now almost the Saber route, so I suppose I have no idea at all what Sakura's route could offer.

Edit: It was certainly worth it to play it through. The anime was quite faithful to the source, and had the same atmosphere and feeling all the way through (except for certain obvious parts). Jolly good stuff. Still, it would be interesting to see other routes, or at least Rin's route. Aye, the ending was just as beautiful, as well. It's one of the best anime endings, and having seen this, no wonder.
    Last edited by Kraco; Sun, 05-20-2007 at 03:10 PM.

Well, you can always read the summaries of the story arcs in the wiki page, but they obviously won't be quite the same.

Sakura's is by far the most disturbing arc. It shows a very dark and twisted version of the storyline, and I if I'm not mistaken, it's "normal" ending is what leads to the sequel Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.

As a treat for the Rin love, have an image from Fate/Hollow with Rin as the magical girl Kaleido-Ruby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    As a treat for the Rin love, have an image from Fate/Hollow with Rin as the magical girl Kaleido-Ruby.
    That image is highly disturbing...

But yeah, I won't be reading summaries. I'll wait patiently for them to finish Rin's route. While the anime was highly similar to the game, the game still contained lots of extra detail. No wonder considering it really was as long as a novel... Hmm... That being said, the translation effort surely is commendable: It must have been like translating a fricking book from a different language! I had no idea before I had played for a good long time.

Detail as in....Shiro and Saber in bed under Rin's supervision?

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    Where can i find/get/buy the Visual Novels?
    And how much space does it take on the Hard drive?
    (I already finished reading the trial, it was quite entertaining.)
    edit: nevermind, got my anwsers.
    Last edited by BioAlien; Tue, 05-22-2007 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Downloaded it, but it won't install.

I get this error message:

"Windows cannot open this program because it was restricted by a software directive. For more information ask your administrator"

Some weeks ago I had trouble with several spywares that modified my registry, and I fixed everything I found. Dunno if something was left behind, or if there is something else I need to change on my pc to install Applocale.

Any help darkshadow?
    Thats really weird, did you try running it under safe mode?
    -----------------

Yes. It gave me the same warning.
    I own a legal copy of Win Xp Home, but currently using a not-so-legal-hack called Win Xp Lite... so Im thinking the applocale is not recognizing my copy as a Win Xp... oh whatever... whenever I play the game I'll change settings (someday...)
    Thanks for the help though darkshadow.

Mirrormoon UBW patch is at 95%, only the Epilogue is remaining.. and then the testing?
    I just hope it will be released by the end of the month.

hey, does anyone know where to get the first eps? cause the link on the first page doesnt work & i dont want to read spoilers hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by BioAlien
    Mirrormoon UBW patch is at 95%, only the Epilogue is remaining.. and then the testing?
    Most excellent! Though it will mean the demise of my Enter pressing finger, but I can't wait to see Rin's path!

Quote Originally Posted by WRX Sti
    hey, does anyone know where to get the first eps? cause the link on the first page doesnt work
    The AonE batch link seems to work fine. Use it. Place the rest of your episodes in the correct directory and it will only download the missing episodes. Or just select those episodes you want in the first place when initiating the download.

If you are looking for Eclipse's version, then get the torrent from Boxtorrents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Most excellent! Though it will mean the demise of my Enter pressing finger, but I can't wait to see Rin's path!.
    Come on, it's not that much pressing.
    And can you use your thumb(or any other finger) by pressing Space Bar on your keyboard to move forward in the novel.

Ps. If anyone want the Visual Novel, you can PM me for the download links (divided in 3 parts of 430/430/378/mb due to the size, it's a ISO, so you can mount it or burn it), since I doubt it is much legal to post download link for it in the public.

Be sure to have spaces available in your PM box before asking for it, I can't send the links if your box is full..

Edit:
    The progress for UWB patch no longer shows up, which mean it is finished and most likely, in beta testing.(Finding typo and other things like that)
    Soooooon!
    UBW Translation progress: 100%

Current editing progress: 3%
    Last edited by BioAlien; Mon, 08-20-2007 at 05:48 AM.