Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gundam 00 Episode 21

I think if anything, Wang Liu Mei would side with Alejandro or more likely, Libbons. She seems too desperate to change the world at any cost.

There's no way that the other Meistars would accept the Trinities now. Setsuna, Lockon, and Tieria all openly hate them for the attacks in Spain and Iowa (or wherever it was in the Union) against random civilians. I don't see them forgiving any of them, especially Nena and Michael.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    That's true, but having them team up is still an option that I think the story may take. After all, the Union/AEU/HRL didn't see eye to eye before either. The relationship between Patrick and the Commander chick is rather interesting, and possibly more amusing. They make an odd pair, but surprisingly, this kind of pairing isn't rare in the real world.

And, Shinsen HD

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    So Kinue is dead. I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief there... Saji is going to snap soon. Again, top notch from every scene focusing on minor characters, even Patrick. The irony that the first guy to get screwed by CB landing the first real blow on their pilots is very sweet indeed.

Interesting that the Trinity Thrones, shortly after being introduced, are already isolated and outgunned. Johann is really starting to take over, which I'm all for. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what he comes up with, he's always pleasantly surprised me, outside of his outfit...

Daryl Dutch had almost a full minute of screen time, and as many lines as some Gundam pilots. So, yeah, it's been nice knowing you. At least this time the black guy gets to die second.

Also, I think I'm falling for that female AEU colonel myself. She was outstanding during the joint military exercise, and I'm looking forward to her stepping up once she actually has some firepower on her side. Similarly to Johann and her, I liked the scene where Lockon openly expressed his opinion that Tieria should be the one to lead them. But, Kraco is right, they need to just go for the damn Ptolemaios...

Setsuna's dream sequences are actually some of the better written ones in this show.

I heard a collective shriek of glee (and horror) from the yaoi-webs when Setsuna was the first to call out Lockon's name. But I don't buy it, not yet. It'd need to be an episode 23, 24, 25 or 26. Or maybe a 36, 49 or 50. Mains don't die in any other episode numbers. I am also very open to a Gundam series trying, for the first time since Tomino's heyday, to deal realistically with injuries to pilots.

next episode looks interesting as hell, particularly the world powers probably getting giving one last collective effort before turning to in-fighting, and Wang Liu Mei looks like she might really turn...

Corner is pretty boring, but at least you can understand what he's talking about. Sure he's admitedly greedy and a back-stabber, and he's been aided by plot convenience like no other to appear to be on top of everything, but it's painfully clear how it's going to end for him... Besides, I'd have to agree with him. There's no way you can just have CB emasculate all the world powers and expect life to go on all hunky-dorey.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Fri, 03-07-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    this translation of the conversation between Patrick and Daryl Dutch actually made me chuckle.

19 mobile suits attack. Not 20. Can't believe I missed this the first time... And I highly doubt the missing suit is sitting in some lab somewhere being studied...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

They might rebuild it into a Gundam 'til the second season. It's pausible and I can't really cmoe up with something else.
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3