Page 59 of 95 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1898

Thread: Introductions

Blanchimont
    Hi everyone^^
    ..and I guess I can wish merry christmas to all as well^^(or is it too early?...)
    btw I'm from Finland
    Following(anime of course );
    Shakugan no Shana II
    Myself; Yourself(I like this one^^...)
    Bamboo Blade
    Ghost Hound
    Kodomo no Jikan
    Clannad
    ef A Tale of Memories
    Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun
    ...and a few others(only wish there were more time...the backlog of things is getting a bit TOO long_ _)

Sincerely, Blanchimont

Welcome new guy. I always wonder why so many people join the forums yet never post anything that has nothing to do with you though. Wow, we almost have 6000 members now.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Finland, eh?

Welcome aboard.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    Welcome new guy. I always wonder why so many people join the forums yet never post anything that has nothing to do with you though.
    Surprisingly enough, the majority of registered users never post, ever.

Also, the top 30 posters currently account for slightly more than 1/3 of the posts in the database.

Wow, we almost have 6000 members now.
    I prune zero-post and one-post inactive accounts periodically, ever since we moved to vbulletin. We've actually had like 14,000 users register, but the vast majority of them never posted and stopped visiting. The highest reg count we had was about 11,000. We've had 881 registered users active in the last 180 days, of which 499 have made posts.

If you want to avoid the waves of deletion, you've gotta either keep visiting, or make at least 3-4 posts before you stop visiting.

Wow. Thanks for the info, friendly neighborhood administrator.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    Surprisingly enough, the majority of registered users never post, ever.
    I find it exactly that, surprising, since you don't have to register to read the forum, save the flaming pit. I suppose you can use the account to simply subscribe to threads, but just doing that's not as fun without participating.

Might as well make my overdue introduction.

Living down under, the country that's also a continent: Australia.

Important things to know about where I live:

1) Internet is expensive
    2) We're in a drought

Watching: Shana 2, Myself ; Yourself, ef, Gundam 00, Naruto, Kyou Kara Maou, Clannad and El Cazador.

Buffalobiian

edit: hey complich8, has the server ever crashed with too many users/viewers?
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 12-07-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I find it exactly that, surprising, since you don't have to register to read the forum, save the flaming pit. I suppose you can use the account to simply subscribe to threads, but just doing that's not as fun without participating.
    I know, right?
    hey Complic8, has the server ever crashed with too many users/viewers?
    GRR. Lowercase "c". Include the "h". it's right there in front of you!

anyway ... I expect that the system would start to choke a little on about 20-30 actual http requests per second right now (assuming they all involved php in some way). Right now, it's handling between 3 and 6.

With some optimization (ie: switching from php as a cgi to either mod_php or fcgi and reenabling opcode caching), we could probably deal with more like 30-50 requests per second.

I don't see it happening. Downtimes here are typically the result of catastrophic disk failures (we've had like ... 2 of those since we opened the forums), software reconfigurations (eg: the 5 second window earlier today when I was restarting mysql and apache, the ~1 hour downtime window when I was doing system upgrades last weekend), occasional reboots for various reasons, or issues with our provider and/or routing (I've seen maybe two of those in the last 4 years).

Yoh

Usually hate introductions always a pain in the ass to write, obviously I watch anime that should be a given considering I'm here and I'm from Sweden. I'm staff at another anime site and don't know feels kinda rude to make advertise it on other forums, just feels disrespectful somehow though I feel proud to be part of the staff there. The reason I'm here is simple actually, I'm bored and felt why not might as well post around a little and what not though for the past year or so I've lost my interest in forum posting but try to do it every now and then simply don't have anything to say usually or I'm too serious in topics and while others just take the discussion really lightly, guess I just like to argue.

I've seen around 300 titles though most of them are shounen types and about 20 of them are shows I didn't bother finishing. Don't watch as much anymore since it doesn't seem to be that many good ones anymore or grand ones. Also my taste is getting more refined instead of the whole watch whatever you can get a hold of. Now days even though I'm a guy I don't like shows with excessive fan service or harem animes. I can live wiht a little fan service but all in all it's not something I particularly like.

Ohh since there was something similar on the other anime site I shall say that if I didn't buy any mangas I would have enough money to buy a PS3, 360, Wii and 12+ games... when you think about it like that it feels kinda sad to have spent that much money on them. Next on my list is buying the entire Genshiken manga.

Welcome fireheart, first I have to commend you for one of the most fully developed introductions I have seen in a while, and next I have to say I hope you stick around. It will be nice to have an experienced watcher/reader's perspective on the forums. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Welcome fireheart....hope you enjoy your stay here. Don't let the many narutards and spiegel-tards ruin your GW experience. Also, drop by our irc channel, #gotwoot on irc.gotwoot.net.

Quote Originally Posted by fireheart
    Usually hate introductions always a pain in the ass to write...
    And then followed by:

<Lots and lots of words...>
    I'm not mocking you, I just found this funny!

Welcome aboard, neighbour.

Kraco: Hahah well if I'm going to do it may as well do it properly even if it is a pain in the ass to write, besides it wasn't that long since that is maybe... a fifth of a post compared to when I had the chance to really argue with a friend on the other site.

Spiegel: Thanks I'll probably stick around for a while at least

Assassin: Heheh don't mind those kind of things used to it and actually don't use IRC never really got into how to use it so don't think you'll be seeing me around there.

Ohh since there was something similar on the other anime site I shall say that if I didn't buy any mangas I would have enough money to buy a PS3, 360, Wii and 12+ games... when you think about it like that it feels kinda sad to have spent that much money on them. Next on my list is buying the entire Genshiken manga.
    Well....it isn't as sad if you considered the alternative to spending that money on manga was to spend that money on video games.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    about 20 of them are shows I didn't bother finishing. Don't watch as much anymore since it doesn't seem to be that many good ones anymore or grand ones. Also my taste is getting more refined instead of the whole watch whatever you can get a hold of.
    We seem to have similar taste.

Welcome.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I've been reading these forums for a pretty long time now but never bothered to actually join them, anyway i'm here now.

Well i'm a Dutchie myself, 21 years old and trying to become an occupational therapist atm.

And i basicly make it a policy not to reveal to much on my first date, however i might reveal more on a later note

Welcome and stick around dutchman
    -----------------

Welcome Darky, now that sounds wrong. Whats with the Kon avatar?
    Sapphire is awesome!

I have a feeling the large number of Dutch people flocking to these forums must be due to the fact that particular country is indeed below the sea level and thus with the warming climate and raising sea levels they are seeking refuge anywhere they can; even net forums. Though I'm not sure how much help that might be in avoiding your toes getting wet, but whatever. Welcome aboard.

Originally Posted by Abdula
    Welcome Darky, now that sounds wrong. Whats with the Kon avatar?
    Actually i really have no idea, all i know is that it's made a long time ago and that i can't be bothered to make something else. Meh, and ofcourse i like Kon

Originally Posted by Kraco
    I have a feeling the large number of Dutch people flocking to these forums must be due to the fact that particular country is indeed below the sea level and thus with the warming climate and raising sea levels they are seeking refuge anywhere they can; even net forums. Though I'm not sure how much help that might be in avoiding your toes getting wet, but whatever. Welcome aboard.
    About the forums, well that's an easy one. Get to know people so that somehow in a strange twist of faith they actually feel compelled to help me and take me in when things get nasty. If that doesn't happen i'm counting on you to donate atleast enough so i can buy a boat, or build one
    Last edited by Darky; Fri, 01-04-2008 at 08:36 AM.

Barcode here
    I live a normal life->school..clubs..going out
    Likes>anime, tennis, school, friends.

hello there
    "I like to let people talk who like to talk. It lets me find out how full of sh1t they are."-Jackie Chan from Rush Hour