Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger Dead

Jounin
    Ya, just saw it on my ISP's front page. Police think it's drug related.

Its just sad, these random deaths are an all too common occurrence these days and they are almost always drug related.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Dude was an A-list Hollywood actor making millions, living in a $23k/month home, had a maid and masseuse and a sweet little daughter, and he was depressed?

It seemed to be drug-related, but it's the new legal way to get high: doctor prescribed anti-depressants.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Kinda sad really, I liked the movie A knights tale.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

I wonder what a 23k/mo 3 br apartment looks like.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Dude was an A-list Hollywood actor making millions, living in a $23k/month home, had a maid and masseuse and a sweet little daughter, and he was depressed?

It seemed to be drug-related, but it's the new legal way to get high: doctor prescribed anti-depressants.
    Regardless of your surrondings, depression will strike if no one helps you in the right way.
    And if you are able to get out of it all by yourself, it probably wasn't a real depression and/or your just nearing another bigger one to follow.

It's true that being poor, with a very bad and dirty flat, no one to talk to, lots of debts and no work is really harmfull for a depressive person... and they often go there due to their depression.
    But since depression litterally prevents you from feeling any hapyness or comfort... even for birthdays, christmas, hollydays, or anything that you should enjoy, you'll just go on with your depression and go deeper and deeper. And at some point you may have a fatal action in mind...

The next hardest thing for a depressive is to ask for help and actually initiate the process. Something as trivial as washing your teeth can become a tremendous hassle, a task you have to fight for, so that it's done. Not every depressive person has this problem, but it's an example of how disproportionnate things can become.
    So that person left with next to no willpower and energy; has to ask for help... and going the pyschiatry way is taboo for almost everyone. A depressive person will use that taboo as an excuse/fear to not go there.
    Then there's the medical system that can really screw things also... by not taking the actual state of that person into account, or really telling them they are allright and just need to fight and stop being so whiny.
    And someday, some of those suffering beings do something lethal to themselves.

I don't know if it's really what happened. But if he was depressive, keep in mind that he was wearing darkening glasses on anything happening to him in his life. Always extracting the bad things from anything.

Depression can occur thanks to mishaps, maybe a genetical background, thyroïd problems (largely underestimated, sadly enough) and so on.

Rip man.
    I've never seen any movie from you, nor know you. But Rest In Peace.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Come on, admit it, you saw Brokeback Mountain.

Luckily I've never been that depressed, though with certain aspects of my life, it's kind of a surprise. I've probably never been clinically depressed where I had no control over it or any way to make it better. I can hardly imagine what that would be like.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Come on, admit it, you saw Brokeback Mountain.

Luckily I've never been that depressed, though with certain aspects of my life, it's kind of a surprise. I've probably never been clinically depressed where I had no control over it or any way to make it better. I can hardly imagine what that would be like.
    Never saw BrokeBack Mountain, because I admitt I tend to avoid stories around homosexuality.

However I experienced dark moments that I would not have overcome if my wife wasn't there. Just beware of Docs, they can have you loose a considerable amount of time if you don't check on anything they tell/prescribe

So to summ things up:
    Having money and displaying an image of wealth and apparent happiness isn't a protection against depression and dark thoughts someone may have. There's a bit
    of luck from you and helpful people in the process. You may fall short for both...

We'll have a clearer view later, when we know for sure what happened.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

If you remove the homosexual stigma of the movie, it really is just a story of forbidden love, kind of like Romeo and Juliet. It was also about loneliness and being an outsider, which is what appealed to me. I thought the director could have conveyed the message better without the graphic gay action. It would have reached more audiences that way too.

If you remove the homosexual stigma of the movie, it really is just a story of forbidden love, kind of like Romeo and Juliet. It was also about loneliness and being an outsider, which is what appealed to me. I thought the director could have conveyed the message better without the graphic gay action. It would have reached more audiences that way too.
    If there's graphical gay action, I may never watch it.
    I can read about gay subjects and so on, but as soon as it goes too graphical (even just kisses), I can't stand it.

I hope BrokeBack mountain isn't related to his death. Because such a film, even if it was awarded, deals with matters that can engenger great levels of wrath from many people. Then inflicted on someone fragile, a great deal of pain.
    When young, and even older, it's difficult to deal with it. And it also seems that he had
    been a "star" for a short time. So overcoming such a strong wave may be very harsh.
    Yet we know nothing but: Death, pills.

Wow, David you obviously were depressed for a very long time and you had a hard time getting over it too. It appears that its still a problem for you though and I suspect it always will be.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Junior
    That's quite sad to hear. He wasn't such a bad actor.

Poor guy.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I really haven't seen anything this guy's been in. Seems like it's pretty stunning news though.

I spent a long time thinking of a pun to make about this, but then I thought better of it.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    Wow, David you obviously were depressed for a very long time and you had a hard time getting over it too. It appears that its still a problem for you though and I suspect it always will be.
    I did. And as for alcoohol, drugs and so on, I guess one is only on the verge of falling again.
    I wanted to input this, because it's not totally off-topic per data we have and it's important to know about those things because they can storm in your life even when very young and are really dangerous for oneself and sometimes others. I do so too, because sadly society isn't well prepared to help those people and often does the exact opposite of what should be done. I won't even mention docs that sometimes you wonder if they do harmful things in purpose

Depression should never be taken lightly as it may result in the death of at least one person (and potentialy others if in a vehicule for example...)

Know whats funny now that he is dead all these people are so quick to go on tv and comment about how troubled he was, how he battled depression and how dark and moody he had become lately but no one mentions ever having tried to help or talk to him.

They already began comparing him to River Phoenix and James Dean.
    Last edited by Abdula; Wed, 01-23-2008 at 06:43 PM.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    As long as the new Batman comes out, it really doesn't matter to me.

Thats really insensitive and the movie already finished filming.
    Sapphire is awesome!

i agree with darkmetal....as long as it doesn't effect the movie, i dont really care

Another Aussie celebrity to bite the dust... we don't have many left.

So long, Heath. I've been a fan for a while. Sorry to see you go.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day