Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heath Ledger Dead

Yeah, some Aussies that make it big are killing themselves... Michael Hutchence is my most notable one out of the top of my mind.

It's interesting to get my roommate's perspective on this, because my roommate is a method actor. He was talking about how many actors try to replicate the personality of the person they are acting as, usually through association of their own feelings or experiences. Taking on the role of the Joker probably resulted in some personal anxiety and depression, which also could have affected his sleeping habits. Supposedly other actors have experienced similar problems, when they take on the role of particularly deranged villains. In cases like that, you'd really just have to power through it and then take a long vacation.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Wow, that adds a new dimension to the story. But then you have wonder what roles Owen Wilson might have been working on.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

maybe he was depressed cuz he always plays this lovable scamp who ends up with a hot girl, and in reality he couldn't do that....for whatever reason.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    Thats really insensitive and the movie already finished filming.
    I didn't know the guy so it's hard for me to feel sorry for him. Also, overdosing on drugs doesn't exactly put out a good message. Maybe if it was some tragic accident I would feel some sympathy.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I'm all for believing the method acting angle. Playing a pychotic criminal might have had something to do with it.

Also the Westboro Baptist Church is at it again!

Heath Ledger is in Hell!

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Yes indeed method acting may have had alot to do with it especially if he was good at it. I could totally see someone getting lost in the role especially if they already had personality issues to begin with. Though I doubt its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Those people piss me off, I hate people who hide behind religion and use it as an excuse for ignorance. I like that they always quote the bible but none of them appear to have ever read it
    Last edited by Abdula; Thu, 01-24-2008 at 12:26 AM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Those people piss me off, I hate people who hide behind religion and use it as an excuse for ignorance. I like that they always quote the bible but none of them appear to have ever read it
    I was pissed off until last year when they picketed the funerals of the V-Tech students, I watched this documentary on Youtube about them. It's really not their fault, the whole family is indoctrinated from birth to think the way they do. It's kind of depressing. Even the young members, who are capable of reasonable conversation, have this road block in their mind because of their upbringing. It's their absolute, undeniable truth in the face of everything else that "God hates fags".

So yeah, don't take their shit seriously.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Thats just sad maybe someone should put them out of their misery.
    Sapphire is awesome!

He died from alcohol poisoning, too many cock sucking cowboys.
    Oh noes! they've started!!

Sad to see him go, will be missed, so young also.

Alcohol poisoning seriously how pathetic is that, he literally drank himself to death, how sad.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Know whats funny now that he is dead all these people are so quick to go on tv and comment about how troubled he was, how he battled depression and how dark and moody he had become lately but no one mentions ever having tried to help or talk to him.

They already began comparing him to River Phoenix and James Dean.
    That was what I was thinking, no one to help for any reason.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Jack Nicholson apparently had warned him about taking the Joker role... and when asked for comments recently he said "I told him so".

I hope that's an internet hoax because Nicholson didn't exactly do the role justice with his portrayal. There was nothing dark or psychologically disturbing about his role as Joker.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Isn't the nydailynews one of those sham news outlets, like the Onion?

The pictures of Nicholson and Ledger's Jokers say it all. How can anyone compare the two, especially Nicholson? I think it's a bit of arrogance on Nicholson's part, and what he supposedly said to Ledger might have been a childish snipe for not being consulted about the role. The snipe might not even have actually been said to Ledger, but just a parting shot from Nicholson about the entire production. Based on his portrayal in the original movie, what could Nicholson possibly have to say about the role that any comic fan couldn't tell you?