Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TV: How I Met Your Mother

TV: How I Met Your Mother

With the writers strike going on, and impacting the amount of new shows coming out, I find myself dipping into those that have been out for 2 or 3 seasons already, and renting them from Blockbuster, or downloading them. I recently stumbled across How I Met Your Mother, and I've got to say that it is HILARIOUS.

Basic plot summary for the pilot was:
    Egged on by his best friend's upcoming nuptials, Ted (Radnor) believes he finds the woman of his dreams in Robin (Smulders) -- though destiny might have something different in mind.
    and so far (I've only seen the first season), the show seems to follow in that vein.

What makes this show great though, is not the lead actor (Josh Radnor who plays Ted Mosby), but rather the supporting cast. Alyson Hannigan playing Lily, Jason Segel as Marshall, Cobie Smulders as Robin, Bob Saget as Old Ted are all great, and the one who really steals the show is Neil Patrick Harris as Barney.

If you haven't seen the show, I highly recommend it.

Season 1: http://www.mininova.org/get/1017652

---------------------------
    Ted: So, who are we picking up?
    Barney: I dunno... her? Or maybe her...
    Ted: Wait, so when you said we were going to pick someone up at the airport, you meant we were going to *pick someone up* at the airport?
    Barney: Yeah...
    Ted: You're kidding!
    Barney: False!

I've heard good things about this series, it's on my "to watch" list... but it's going to be quite some time before I get to it.

I 've been watching this every week since season 2, I love it, and for the same reasons you said. Barney, Robin, Lily & Marshall. Ted centered episodes tend to impress me the least unless they involve Robin, who is awesome. I think it's a great show for most people 21-30ish and I'm actually somewhat surprised it's still on CBS.

Ya, love this show. I honestly thing it has the potential to be the new Friends....everyone i've recommended the show to simply loves it.

Jounin
    I caught an episode the other night on TV, I could not stop laughing. I think the infor bar for it said it was the first episode of Season 3. So I'm thinking of watching the past episodes now.

Blog Entries
    This just came to my country and i really like it.

I've seen a few episodes of this and have been meaning to get it and watch it all, because the eps that I have seen are great.

I remember watching that Airport one, that was great.

Lol ya, its a great show. The new eps (or rather the remaining eps from season 3) just started airing. Seems like we're getting close to the actual story.

Jounin
    I've kind of lost interest in the show since Britney Spears is on it for a few episodes. Let me know when she's gone, I'll start watching again.

ya that kinda threw me off too...as awesome as this show is, it still can't do anything to make her seem even remotely not-pathetic. luckily her part in the previous episode doesn't deter from the proper storyline.

speaking of which, i think stella mite be the girl he ends up with. in last nites ep there was a not-so-subtle reference to a st.patrick's day party which im assuming is the same party ted and barney were at.

still not sure how the 8-year old daughter thing will work out though...maybe the future kids have a stepsister we dont know about yet.

Just finished watching season 1, and

Awesome!!!

"These are one of the things you have to do before your 30!"
    "What? Sleep with a prostitute?"
    "No, lose your virginity!.......what up!"

HAHA, fucking legendary!

Well, spent the last couple of weeks catching up on this show, and I have to say it's great. Neil Patrick has nailed his part in this series... has he gotten an award for it because he completely deserves it?

What I like most about this series is that it has a knack for telling a good story... I mean, the story is executed very well. I also like those flashforwards, it gives out a sense that the series knows where it's heading and that it has a goal in mind... that they're not simply winging it from episode to episode. It's like they've already the whole series planned out, and all that's left is a way to tell it in an interesting manner.

Anyways, great stuff so far... and season 4 started last week, here's the first episode:
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/1833210

Any of you guys up-to-date? I just caught up to episode 5, last week's episode...

So apparently Stella is not going to be the mother. And I don't know why, I always think Robin will end up being the mother for some reason... like they'll do a plot twist somehow and change some names around and what not. We haven't seen her in the future, right?

i dunno, they're referred to her as aunt robin a couple of times, so i dont see that happening. i think in the future robin and barney will be together.

I know I know... but that may not stop them from doing the old switcheroo... Like the person we're calling Robin is not really Robin or some shit like that. Yeah, yeah, very far fetched and unrealistic, but I just can help to notice that every time they're supposed to move on, they're drawn back to each other.

I see what your saying, it does happen alot....any that would be by far the last thing i expect, so it does work well as a surprise.

Just caught up...

The naked man was great, and yes the rumors are true. According to the show we'll have lightsabers in 3 to 5 years from now.

So... who's still watching. Just caught up once again, watching episodes 15-22:

15: Barney's family?
    16: Marshal no pants, and Ted is a complete douche.
    17: Lily sabouteur.
    18: The Frozen Snowshoe? Old King Clancy? Sacramento Turtleneck?
    19: Murtaugh List, Lethal Weapon.
    20: What's the difference between peanut-butter and jam?
    21: Gay dreams.

I think that sums up the episodes so far. And then we get to 22. The yellow umbrella is back, pivotal moment concerning The Mother... oh, and Stella's back. Two more episodes to the finale, so maybe we'll finally get to see How I Met Your Mother.

You met my mom?

Lame jokes aside, yeah totally following this show, and ofc Barney is mah favourite character, followed by Marshal. ^^

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Ayay, new season has started and things are progressing for Barney/Robin.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."