Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00 Episode 14

Gundam 00 Episode 14

So... no one posted this before? are you in shock before this awesome ep?

http://a.scarywater.net/shs/%5BShins...5D.avi.torrent

I believe the majority of us wait for the Menclave version. We're all whores for Sumeragi (or Felt and Soma for the pedos, Lockon for the ladies) in HD.

I have heard that this episode was good though.

Wow, the new OP's animation sequences are just win, I had to go back and watch it again before I could even watch the ep. I'm not sold on the actual song yet but it doesn't immediately offend me so there's hope.

Only thing I'll say about the ep for now, Masa should pop a huge boner at the preview.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Mon, 01-14-2008 at 09:15 PM.

Im liking the new opening, couldnt stop watching it over and over.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Missing Nin
    I like the visuals of the new opening but I can't say I'm as crazy about the song the first one was just better.

The ending on the other hand is a vast improvement over the previous one that I actually hated.

Overall both a interesting and rather odd episode. It just seems strange to me before such a major battle that Setsuna would take off on a detour like that costing him value able fuel for the upcoming extended battle. I still can't see any reason for the teenage blonde and her boyfriend at this point either there existence confuses me.

That aside nice buildup and the next few episodes seem like they should be awesome.

Gundams run on magic particles and possibly sunshine, the only potential imitation to their range that I can see might be how much energy they can store when the sun is not up, assuming they actually need the sun at all for the 'Solar Furnaces' to work. Setsuna didn't really lose anything by going to see Maria besides loss of peace of mind.

Good thing popping up the Foreign Legion think, it really gives the feel that Gundam is taking place in the future and not in a completly different/parralel universe.
    Good thing, breaking the pace and not having the Gundams fight. That DMC pace would have somewhat ruined the show.
    Good thing, new Op and Ed. So I guess 14 is a good ep.

Missing Nin
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Gundams run on magic particles and possibly sunshine, the only potential imitation to their range that I can see might be how much energy they can store when the sun is not up, assuming they actually need the sun at all for the 'Solar Furnaces' to work. Setsuna didn't really lose anything by going to see Maria besides loss of peace of mind.
    As far as I'm aware this isn't accurate. The Gundams can't creat GN particles and have to specifically goto space to recharge them from time to time. Setsuna had so use those particles in order to stay undetected as they are what keeps them off radar as well as how they propel the Gundams allowing them to fly in the first place. I'm not sure if they get secondary power directly from the sun or not in this case or if the solar power they require comes from space only but I am sure it cost him atleast some of those particles in order to make that side trip.

When was it ever said they had to return to space to recharge the Gundams??? I remember a Gundam has to return to space periodically to charge the Ptolemaios, but I don't remember it ever being implied that Gundams had a finite energy supply? The way I remember it the Solar Furnace at the heart of each Gundam is what generates GN particles and whatever process it uses it does not have an upper limit on lifetime energy production.

If you want to get technical you can read the translated spec sheets off wikipedia and find out the full truth, but in the context of just the show we know a Solar Furnace can at least put out enough energy to charge the batteries of a space ship allowing it to operate for a few weeks in orbit with a good amount of orbital maneuvering.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Tue, 01-15-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Bring on the three new badass suits they looked sick

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    When was it ever said they had to return to space to recharge the Gundams??? I remember a Gundam has to return to space periodically to charge the Ptolemaios, but I don't remember it ever being implied that Gundams had a finite energy supply? The way I remember it the Solar Furnace at the heart of each Gundam is what generates GN particles and whatever process it uses it does not have an upper limit on lifetime energy production.

If you want to get technical you can read the translated spec sheets off wikipedia and find out the full truth, but in the context of just the show we know a Solar Furnace can at least put out enough energy to charge the batteries of a space ship allowing it to operate for a few weeks in orbit with a good amount of orbital maneuvering.
    Thats right, I dont recall ever hearing that the gundams ever needed to recharge or refuel. Thinking back, the word "solar furnace" reminded me of spiderman 2. Anyone think that the energy described in that movie might be somewhat akin to the energy sources of the Gundams?
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    man, i thought this episode was fantastic (i finally broke down and got Shitsen's version)

This felt alot more like what I'd been hoping for from this show. I love that the three nations are "ganging up" on the Gundams, but still trying to keep an edge over each other. I also am really liking the 'normal family' slant that Saji's family brings. I think his sister is going to find out something big about CB's real deal... That Union pedo still looks shifty to me...

We had almost every character in this episode get screen time, and I thought the characters advanced very nicely in it. Graham Acre is still the freaking man. I think it's his VA. Even angst princess was pretty good in this episode. And i don't mean Tieria.

Did they ever say the name of that other blond Over Flag guy? Setsuna really is fucking retarded. I felt like I came to care more particularly about Lockon, Allelujah and Sumeragi, although only one of them had any decent screen time. I like how they did the scenes with them in it.

"Even though STUPID SCI-FI BABBLE let's people live in space, we still make sure to come down to Earth every four episodes or so, for 'mental health', which is always some kind of activity like bathing or shopping which provides shittons of fanservice provision situations."

The new OP is beautiful. First listen of the song was positive.

The ED. You end an important set-up episode, the first episode of the second 'season'. You end it with two scenes: the main character dramatically searching for answers to his woes by going to his female love interests place. He leaves in a huff, all the more scattered. You cut to the final scene, a plot tidbit showing us how the evilest motherfucker in the entire show (the answer to Setsuna's final spoken line) is going to be connected with this big dramatic event you've spent most of the entire episode setting up. The man gets his information, leaves, and 'transforms' into evil incarnate, giving a threatening, tension-building monolouge as he dominates the final moments of this episode.

You cue the music for the ED during this scene, to segue....
    ...from evil incarnate....

to bishounen cutting each other's hair on the beach?

I mean, LOLtacular. That ED is like straight out of every warm and fuzzy 'safehouse life' Gundam Wing yaoi fanfiction I've ever had the misfortune to come across. They're cooking food, on the beach, and the main character is getting his hair cut by his new most popular seme! Then, a dramatic interlude and our bishounen three and a half (Tieria is only a half) posing in angsty supermodel decours and music video cliches.

This is supposed to be a show about war, the effect of power, desire and strong convictions on the world. THERE SHOULD BE NO HAIR CUTTING ON BEACHES IN SHOWS ABOUT FUCKING WAR!!!!!!

And, yeah, I'm hoping CB gets fucked up beyond all recognition in the next episode.

Finally, a question. If i wrote a Gundam00 fanfic, what pairings would you guys be intersted in? =p
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Wed, 01-16-2008 at 05:02 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    Finally, a question. If i wrote a Gundam00 fanfic, what pairings would you guys be intersted in? =p

Geez...Sumeragi (and her twins, of course) and a vibrating spatula. But really, I did enjoy the joint maneuvering by all of the big groups. I cant think of anything to add right now, but it looks like CB might be in some deep shit

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    woah... next episode will be awesome! i can feel it....

in my balls!

Mmmmm Sumeragi

And nice how the new OP shows Kyrios/Allelujha's use of the flying probes/dragoons aforementioned and used in many a Gundam series.
    Last edited by animus; Wed, 01-16-2008 at 08:41 AM.

the new OP does rock. This episode wasn't bad. Being that this episode is the calm beofre the storm, and it's really building up the mometum of the series, the show is going to get a little more exciting.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    i simply can't wait to see lockon getting knocked out by this flag-fighter who transformed right in front of the collision with him =)
    however i hope to see a 343MB version from Conclave...

btw the 2 new gundams(?) to the left and right of Exia in the opening look interesting (or maybe 2 transformations like the from virtue? hmm what was its name, can't remember it?!)

uh btw I don't know if someone is interested in the full OP song but since i liked it so much i'll simply post it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcPfE7J1FBI
    wtf giant pandas with snipers *HIDE!!!*
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 01-16-2008 at 12:25 PM.

That video was pretty involved compared to most of the jpop videos I've seen (Haro FTW) and the lead singer chick was pretty cute, it's too bad her taste in wardrobe was terrible. Also the part of the song used for the OP is definately the 'good' part...

Anyway, back to the episode. Sumeragi needs to stop teasing us and just let the puppies out of the kennel. It's starting to get distracting fantasizing about her in the middle of the eps. Echoing Masa's assertion I think Ali is just plain awesome evil. At first I thought he did what he did just to get money but now I am pretty sure he's insane on a Rau La Cruset level. As long as he doesn't turn out to be a prince of Azadistan (oh how funny that would be) he will probably remain my favorite antagonist for the rest of the show. Graham and Sergei are cool, but neither of them is a sociopath double agent bent on reveling in war.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Is it me or does Kate Maniken have the same VA as Irene from Claymore?

Anyway can't wait for next episode. Looking forward to seeing more glimpses of those new suits.

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    man, i thought this episode was fantastic (i finally broke down and got Shitsen's version)
    I've got to admit, my willpower is waning after trying to avoid reading all these positive comments, but fortunately every time I think of Shinsen translating the computer as "Vader" instead of the obvious choice of "Veda" (singular form of the sacred Sanskrit texts) I can hold off for a few more days.

@Neo: It is indeed her, though she'll always be Nabiki Tendo from Ranma 1/2 for me.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=845