Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Movie: Terminator Salvation

Movie: Terminator Salvation

I don't know if anyone has read any news about the new trilogy being made about Terminator, but this really looks promising and it all starts with who they casted as John Connor. Yep, that's right, Christian Bale has been casted to star in all three movies. I think he would do a great John and probably bring back the same vibe Edward Furlong had in those early Terminator movies.

The new trilogy will be set in the future, when the war is going on so we'll finally see a full out war against the machines. I don't know about you guys, but this is really all I've wanted to see since the franchise started... I wanted to see the actual war.

Anyways, you can visit these links for more info:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0438488/
    http://www.mania.com/57081.html
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20164286,00.html
    http://www.mania.com/52370.html

First movie should be coming out on the Summer of 2009.

As an aside, it seems like they're doing some sort of animation with Terminator... kinda like what they did with the Matrix and those short Animatrix episodes:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-2009-release

Let's just hope it's nothing like T3.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

I liked T3
    -----------------

Interesting. Can't wait to see it.

As for T3, I didn't like the villain. She wasn't as futuristic or cool looking as the liquid guy in T2.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Governator may appear as a little cameo.
    But I guess that it's really possible to do the trilogy without anything related to the human form T1...
    This is exciting, I hope they'll be able to do something great out of this very dark universe born with the first movie.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    I liked T3
    I liked T3 as well. Sure it didn't really fit in with the trilogy but so what it was still a good movie. Anyway its apparent that the whole Terminator trilogy was setting us up for this so I would expect great things. The setting alone would make it worth watching and some might disagree but there has yet to be a bad Terminator movie so looking forward to it.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

I liked T3 too, but that's not to say that I don't find it to be the weakest of all the three. Terminator is first and foremost, an action film, and the movie delivered. Some of the plot might have been questionable, like the way they killed off Sarah... but much of it was out of the writers' hands since finding someone else to portray that character other than Linda Hamilton (who blew them off) would be a very very tough to find, so they had to make due with what they had.

What I am wondering though, is if the new trilogy would try to link the tv series to it somehow, as it seemed like they were trying to do before. If they do, they have to be really careful about it because they could end up causing a whole mess, with the tv series pretty much disregarding T3.

I have think this new trilogy will also disregard T3 as there really isn't much to take from that movie other than the fact that the "future" is now. Other than that there is nothing that connects T3 to the other terminator movies beyond name. So plot wise I can't see why they would need to connect this trilogy to T3.

I think its good that the TV series is disregarding T3 because then it has more of the traditional Terminator theme of trying to prevent or escape impending doom and I'm really looking forward to it. I don't think that the movie will be connected to the series because nothing like that has ever been done successfully in my opinion unless it was after the fact, meaning the series had already ended.

In any case it could happen because although I don't think the series needs any more hype it would be a great gimmick and they would do anything for extra attention. Anyway it should be great I'm really looking forward to the new movies as I think its what everyone has been waiting for since the beginning and if they are going to do it like they did the Matrix it could be amazing as long as they link together. Although copying the Matrix could be both a very bad and a very good thing, I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Matrix did.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 07-19-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Looks awesome, but I never got how they would even put up a fight? Bullets don't even work against the terminators. Maybe they have lasers and stuff in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhan
    Looks awesome, but I never got how they would even put up a fight? Bullets don't even work against the terminators. Maybe they have lasers and stuff in the future?
    Plasma riffles?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhan
    Bullets don't work against the Terminators that have been sent back in time to kill John/Sarah Conner. However, those aren't sent back in the beginning of the war, which is when these movies take place. There's nothing saying that the earlier robots during the war are immune to bullets. For all we know, bullets may be effective for the first 10 or so years of the war, and then Skynet upgrades itself... who knows.

well that image bud posted shows a humanoid robot ala the terminators, so the movie can't be rite at the beginning. but im sure that explanation will still work, if this is only 5 years or so into the war.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Well a quick analysis shows the T something is stuck under an helicopter.
    And an assault rifle with such a short distance headshot would be effective even against a T3 I guess?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

i just hope that Arnold Schwarzenegger doenst do a cameo or something in those movies...

Quote Originally Posted by ForteCross
    i just hope that Arnold Schwarzenegger doenst do a cameo or something in those movies...
    Why? He was good in the Terminator movies.

That being said, he probably has more important political things to do.

Only if the shoot in California would he make an appearance... that's his bargaining chip.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiOdin
    Why? He was good in the Terminator movies.

That being said, he probably has more important political things to do.
    -sarah oconnor?
    -yes?
    *bullet shot*
    no... the script was awesome, but i never feel like he is working hard to act in his movies...

Terminator 4

First Teaser Trailer :http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/61...e1_071608.html

http://movies.ign.com/objects/615/615765.html

hmmmmm not enough for me to say ''WOW''

Please use the search function next time
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 07-29-2008 at 04:46 PM.
    *€»~†ǁỐỮ|_ΓΡǁ†‼~«€* - ˜ή*»―†

Theres already a thread on this