Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Rosario + Vampire

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Did this anime turn out to be somewhat watchable?

I remember that I watched the first 3 eps or so, when that little witch joined the party
    so I probably missed the best character in the series (the girl with the lollipop in her mouth, at least 4chan seems to like her so much :P)

and when I browsed on you-tube I came across the opening of season 2 with a different song and was really amazed by it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uVPfPkvpZI&fmt=18

this sounds/looks really cool.
    So is this show entertaining? I'm not really expecting drama, just some carefree comedy.

btw they really did a *great* job with the opening animation, didn't they?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I thought the first season was horrible. I think Ryll said the second season turned out better, but I never gave it a chance.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I thought the first season was horrible. I think Ryll said the second season turned out better, but I never gave it a chance.
    The first season was okay...until they trucated something like 2 volumes of the manga into two episodes. It was usually pacing about one long chapter each episode. Then they just sort of butchered it.

The second season looked like it was going to be better, largely because they were just sort of going with it, and managed to make a more smooth adaptation of smashing the final arcs of the first series (R+V) with character from the second series (R+V II).

Unfortunately, they crippled the second season with terrible censorship, far exceeding the light or at the very least creative censorship of the first season. So if you are going to watch it at all, make sure they are DVD rips. As I said, when a series only has ecchi going for it, censoring out the ecchi destroys the series.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    uff I know what you mean, I dled ep 11 from ayako+meew just now..

the censorship is *really* horrible...extremely ugly and extremely large sized "stickers"
    hmmm... which group subbed the DVD?

I found a german subbing group
    it says R+V Capu2 1-13 Uncut. I guess that means it's uncensored?

edit: oh cool it's uncensored
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 07-23-2009 at 05:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    I want to download this, and am thinking of getting both seasons from Ayako and co but i've read that both seasons are heavily censored.

Should i try to get DVD rips instead? If so, any suggestions?

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Or you could not waste precious disk space. But if you do want to..then I say go for the DVD Rips.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin
    Or you could not waste precious disk space. But if you do want to..then I say go for the DVD Rips.
    I agree, don't waste the space. Read the two manga series instead. If you need voices...the cast is pretty good, but you will regret watching the series no matter what order (manga first or anime first).

Blog Entries
    It's that bad? O_o

Someone recommended it to me... should i hurt him?

In comparison to the manga, yes. I had a lot of faith in this series, and here's a non-spoiler excerpt from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    [Concerning eps 10]That's right, this was vaguely an entire volume of manga crammed into a single episode. This arc of the manga was pretty good, one of the better ones the series had to offer, but they really turned it to shit.

Now, I can honestly say that this has been one of the worst adaptations of a pretty decent manga. Still, it's certainly not Negima! (or Negima? or Negima Live Action). So far, it's probably been around the levels of Black Cat.
    The manga has ecchi moments, and the earlier parts are very monster-of-the-week. However, the anime is godawful. They throw in as much fanservice as possible, most of which wasn't there in the first place, and drag the series down further. The casting was great, and that's really all you can actually say in any complementary means. The animation is quite high quality, but it degrades very very quickly in the later half. They cut out huge swaths of content as well.

Don't waste your time.