Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie: Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li

Movie: Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li

ComingSoon.net has learned that "Smallville" star Kristin Kreuk will play Chun-Li in Hyde Park Entertainment's Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li! Directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak from a Justin Marks script, the action pic starts filming in Thailand in March, 2008. 20th Century Fox will distribute the live-action feature based on Capcom's video game. The movie is focused on female fighter Chun-Li and her journey for justice.

"Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Man...
    She needs some more muscles to be a nice Chun-Li
    However, Kristin is just perfect as she is, being very slim is part of her beauty.

Let's hope this will be good

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Jounin
    Zhang Ziyi would make a perfect Chun Li, in my opnion.

Kristen Kreuk does make a 2nd choice I suppose.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    sounds like yet another absurdly terrible action movie banking on hormone driven videogame fanboys to drool over the female lead the entire time, occassionaly gawking at the fight scenes.

needless to say, this is one SF fan who won't be seeing it...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I'm pretty sure Chun-Li had bigger tits than indicated in that crappy pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill
    Kristen Kreuk does make a 2nd choice I suppose.
    Except for the whole part that she's not Chinese. Though, good luck finding a Chinese girl with a D-cup, a big ass, and thick thighs.

Well, it's based on Chun Li, so I suppose the girl doesn't HAVE to be Chinese.

If anything, they could just change it up a little and say she was a white chick who was adopted by a Chinese family to make the whole "White girl playing Chinese girl" more believable.

Jounin
    She's (Kristen) half Chinese and half Dutch I believe.

I'll still watch the movie for the Street Fighter name sake.

everywhere ppl are having unreal demands of how a on screen chun-li should look like, i think kristin will make a fine chun-li plus the figure she has in the snk art is very attainable for her.
    -----------------

It's not going to be easy being Chun Li, so good luck to her!

"Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Junior
    Kristin Kreuk? Chun Li? No way. She's more the delicate flower beauty.

Chun Li is I'M HOT AND I CAN BREAK YOUR NECK WITH MY THIGHS D:

I would've liked Zhang Zhiyi...or Shu Qi maybe...or Zhao Wei...hm...hard choice.

I would have liked almost any Chinese actress in this role instead of Kristin Kreuk. I think it's a bad career move for her, placing her among talents like the chicks from the Dead or Alive movie. Like that movie, they are all so disposable, I can't even remember any of their names.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Junior
    You didn't like DoA? I didn't think it was too bad. The storyline was a bit weak, but it was entertaining.

But anyway, they need to really start taking casting seriously or else a ton of Chun Li fans will be very upset.

Jounin
    I like her in Smallville, I just can't see her as Chun Li.

Agreed. A full Chinese woman would be better, unless they do some sort of EXTREMELY heavy makeup or whatever.
    Regardless, I am agreeing with Masa about this movie being "another absurdly terrible action movie banking on hormone driven videogame fanboys to drool over the female lead the entire time, occassionaly gawking at the fight scenes."

@Ani. holy valance.

Junior
    Holly was pretty hot.

But anyway, it'll probably just be an eye candy movie then? if they took it serious, I suppose they wouldn't be using kristin.

Holly Valance is pretty hot, but not even enough to make me go see a bad movie to see her in it. I definitely wouldn't see a movie just because Kristin Kreuk is in it.

I think Charlene Choi from the Twins would make an awesome Chun-Li. She even speaks English, so she'd be perfect.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Junior
    omgsdkgjskgsjgnksjgsfkgs

She's so beautiful. D: She starred in one of my favourite movies, The Twins Effect. Along with that the other beautiful actress Gillian Chung..but I had no idea they were...and omg they're not sisters. I thought they were. >.>;;;;;;;

IMO, Chun Li looks like a mixture of the twins.
    Last edited by Junior; Sat, 01-26-2008 at 07:14 AM.

Yeah, I started liking Charlene more as they got older and you could see she has more talent than Gillian, even though Gillian is more physically beautiful. I liked Twins Effect II better than 1.

No they're not related, and they don't even look like each other at all. Which is weird since the Twins group was started because everyone thought they looked alike. Goes back to that "all Asians look the same" bs, which is bs.

Neither of the Twins has the body to pull off Chun Li, but they are both skilled in Wire Fu.

Junior
    yeah, they don't. Which is why I shocked when I read they were 'Twins'. Then I read one's older, so I thought they were sisters. THEn I read they weren't related.

Jeez...long process.

I think they're both beautiful but Charlene is much cuter. <3

True...they're both quite small...if only they had Shu Qi's body. She has Chun Li's figure (minus the boobs). You can see it in So Close when she fights Karen Mok.