Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV: Knight Rider

TV: Knight Rider

Since people seem interested in Speed Racer, I think we should talk about the real 'car' movie.

Bruce Davison, Wayne Kasserman and Greg Ellis round out the cast of NBC's two-hour movie/backdoor pilot Knight Rider, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Knight Rider, from Universal and Dutch Oven, is a sequel to the 1980s series and centers on Mike Tracer (Justin Bruening), Michael Knight's (David Hasselhoff) son who never knew his dad.

Tracer is recruited by his childhood best friend, Sarah Graiman (Deanna Russo), and her eccentric physicist father, Charles (Davison), to join the Knight Foundation, a group committed to counteracting and preventing the damage done by private, covert military contractors. (Sarah and Charles' last name was originally Kamen, it has since been changed to Graiman.)

To assist their missions, Charles creates the second-generation KITT, an artificially intelligent car.

A shady millionaire approaches Charles to commission a KITT car, and when Charles refuses, he hires a military contractor to murder him and steal the car.

Ellis will play Welther, one of the bad guys. The role is considered guest-starring, with a potential to continue if Knight Rider goes to series.

Kasserman plays Dylan, Mike's loyal roommate, friend and race car mechanic who joins the Knight Rider team.

Official Poster:

Some Pics of KITT:

Thats right people its a freaking 550 HP Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang
    Last edited by Abdula; Thu, 12-13-2007 at 05:24 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Im really psyched for this movie, but the Shelby? That isnt KITT at all. Although the Shelby edition is a sick car that is insanely hard to find.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Would you rather the old Trans AM. I think its good that they left that alone, it was good in the 80's but the Shelby is definitely the KITT of today.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    If Mr. Feeny doesn't do the voice of that Goddamn car I don't know what I'll do.

He was the only thing that ever interested me in that show.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Will Arnett (Arrested Development) will play the voice of KITT.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Uhm yeah, the first pic of KITT was convincing, but the others? I have nothing to do with a mustang and, although are powerfull cars, has not an image I have of a present time KITT. I think back then, KITT looked pretty futuristic. So again, I think KITT should look futuristic for us, IMHO. But it's cool to finally see a movie of the once great series coming out. Wrong KITT though, really.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Well, that would just be the car in its "normal" state we've seen nothing of its super pursuit or other modes. I hear that the other modes and the interior of the car are supposed to be amazing but I haven't been able to find any pics. They are apparently trying to keep things under wraps at least for now. Personally I don't think that the Original KITT was all that futuristic.

This should be a bit more to your liking.
    Last edited by Abdula; Thu, 12-13-2007 at 10:25 PM.
    Sapphire is awesome!

KITT sounds too weak to be the name for the Shelby version.

They should make KITT the new Skylne GT-R. More sleek and futuristic looking than the Stang.

Last edited by Animeniax; Fri, 12-14-2007 at 05:54 AM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

This is true, but Ford probly has a contrat for the movie. Just like in Transformers where all the Autobots were a Chevi, or some company they own.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Actually NBC, which owns the rights to Knight Rider and Universal Studios, which is producing the movie are both subsidiaries of NBC Universal which in turn is a subsidiary of GE which has a good relationship with Ford and GM or some such nonsense. The skyline is Nissan, which is a Japanese company. Ah big business gotta love it.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Hopefully the corporate relationships don't affect the choice of which car to use in the movie. Look at Fast and Furious, they used several different brands of cars. Transformers was really hokey using cars from one company. Heroes also overdid it with the Nissan sponsorship. I hope they pick the best car to represent KITT, and choose a badass voice actor to play him. I'm tired of C3PO and the original KITT type voices for machines.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

They already said that Will Arnett from Arrested Development will play KITT. Fast and the Furious was about street racing so yeah they of course would use several different varieties of cars, also car companies weren't that heavily invested in movies back then. Talking about the original one of course, the sequels had heavy branding. Everyone is throwing their weight around these days. I think the biggest factor in the brand of car was that the original KITT was a Trans Am. Pontiac is a division of GM thus we have Ford. Its all about who has the rights to the show and of course however has the money really has all the power no matter what anyone else says.
    Sapphire is awesome!

the koenigsegg ccx gets my vote.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    KITT sounds too weak to be the name for the Shelby version.

They should make KITT the new Skylne GT-R. More sleek and futuristic looking than the Stang.

Wow that would be perfect for the new KITT. Unfortunately corporate douchebaggery wins out. The Shelby is one of my favorite cars but it doesn't fit as KITT.

saw it, loved it, hope the reception is good, this needs a full series ;o
    -----------------

Not so much loved it, the acting was blah, the plot was boring and unoriginal but KITT was awesome and I do hope it gets a series.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Could you tell who did the voice for KITT? It wasn't Will Arnett.

It was Val Kilmer, they had to replace Arnett because of some contractual conflicts. Apparently he had a preexisting contract to do VO for GMC Trucks so he couldn't do Voice Over work for Ford.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Are you going to credit imdb.com for that trivia or take all the credit for yourself?

Dude if you were actually going to look for it then why did your lazy bum ass ask the damn question in the first place? and its Knight Rider Online btw.
    Sapphire is awesome!