Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Recommendation and Suggestion Query

I'm having a hard time thinking of something to suggest since I know you watch plenty of anime already... going to throw some names out there and see if any peeks your interest. Not all are great, but at the least they should be entertaining.

Legend of Galactic Heroes
    Infinite Ryvius
    Kurau Phantom Memory
    Project ARMS
    Eden's Bowy
    Kaze no Yojimbo
    Full Metal Panic
    Last Exile
    Read or Die and ROD TV
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Sadamitsu

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    hmmm

Ookiku Furikabutte?

Its pretty much unknown here (so maybe you havn't seen it yet), but its the best sports (baseball) anime so far.

Blog Entries
    Can anyone tell me if Slayers is good for me ( according to the list i've set earlier )

I've watched Lost Universe and enjoyed it and apparently Slayers is getting a fourth season this summer so i'd like to know if I should watch the other 3

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Slayers is a funny rpg-anime imho...

if you like that, then its good for you, I watched it a bit (had the DVDs) I think I'll rewatch it again... pretty funny stuff, especially the blond-swordsman ^^

the action scenes aren't that pretty though (yet I've only seen the first and a part of the second season)

well its a pretty old series... so thats probably normal (nearly 14 years old anime!)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 07-01-2008 at 01:03 PM.

It's a part of a decent anime education to know Slayers.

the first season is defintally good, the 2nd is also booming with new funny charecters. some of the movies\OVAs are very well-made.

the first time you watch slayerrs is really great,espically when you start chanting:

"Darkness beyond Twilight, Crismon beyond blood that flows.
    Buried in the stream of Time, In thy great name, I pledge myself to Thee.
    let the fools who stand before us be destyroyed by the power you and I posses,,,
    DRAGON SLAVE!"

it's not much of a series to re-watch, but it's a good, enjoyable anime, go for it.

Is it really getting a 4th season?

Well, I've been off the anime scene for awhile but a friend a mine got me into seeing Beck.

Loved it; you guys know anything That can bring me out the funk its ending left me with?

Anything musical, coming of age / similar with a lovable character like Maho. Should be easy to meet those requirements.......=)

Edit: Can anyone direct me to where I can get my hands on Beck manga? Never given er a shot before, but for Maho I'll do it!
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Just got done watching Shigurui. Holy fucking shit. Fans of merciless samurai violence rejoice! It's like every episode tries to outdo the last, and a warrior actually eats a woman's nipple.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    Well, I've been off the anime scene for awhile but a friend a mine got me into seeing Beck.

Loved it; you guys know anything That can bring me out the funk its ending left me with?

Anything musical, coming of age / similar with a lovable character like Maho. Should be easy to meet those requirements.......=)

Edit: Can anyone direct me to where I can get my hands on Beck manga? Never given er a shot before, but for Maho I'll do it!
    Best way is to go to #lurk @ irc.irchighway.net on IRC.

The manga continues much further than the anime. Anime ends on volume 11, manga ends at volume 34.

As for some anime, haven't watched it but heard Full Moon wo Sagashite is a nice series... Nodame Cantabile is a cool series.

NANA should be of interest too.

Aside from that, just from the coming of age factor these may be of interest:

Genshiken
    Aishiteruze Baby
    Honey and Clover
    Kaleido Star
    Kimagure Orange Road
    Lovely Complex
    Welcome to the NHK!
    OverDrive
    Suzuka

Different variety, but you might find some that you might enjoy. I really don't know, Maho is a unique character, so I simply went with some good come of age animes.

Hello there!

It's been a long time since the last time I watched any anime series from the very beginning 'till the end. Yes, you know what I mean: school, responsibilities, gettin' a degree in grad school, and more, there's always more.

Take that as a point of reference: I like short but very good anime series, like my favorite ever, which is Haibane Renmei.

And now the question: can you please recommend something that I may probably like?

Thanks in advance.
    The pursuit of beauty is much more dangerous nonsense than the pursuit of truth or goodness, because it affords a stronger temptation to the ego.

- Northrop Frye.

ARIA right at the top of the list. (ARIA -the animation-, ARIA -the Natural-, ARIA: Arietta, and ARIA -the Origination-) In that order. The torrents may be harder to find as the series was recently licensed, but the box set of the entire first season comes out in Sept, which I will immediately buy.

Kamichu! - Young girl in elementary school becomes Japan's newest goddess. Cute, lots of fun, very enjoyable. AniDB

Someday's Dreamers - Present day Tokyo, there exist people known as Mahou Tsukai (people who use magic or "Mages"). But, even though there's magic around, there's not much difference from the world we live in. Description from AniDB. A new series in the same setting just started. AniDB

Asatte no Houkou - A woman and a young girl switch ages due to a small wishing shrine in the town they both grew up in, the cause seems to be connected to their inner desires. AniDB

Honey and Clover - Seasons 1 and 2 AniDB and AniDB

Moyashimon - AniDB

Ouran High School Host Club - AniDB (despite this picture, it is a comedy, and nothing is what it looks like)

Shigofumi
    - AniDB

Spice and Wolf (Ookami to Koushinryou) - AniDB

Most of these series are 13 episodes or less. Two of ARIA's seasons are 13 episodes and Arietta is an OVA. Ouran would be the only series I listed that is 26 episodes.
    [sorry the descriptions dropped off, I have to get to work]

Blog Entries
    For someone who's already seen all the FMA episodes and the movie, is it still worth it reading the manga? I've heard it's quite different from the anime and that's why i'm asking.

This isn't the place for that question, why not just ask in the manga thread. Anyway yes its absolutely worth it the manga is very different from the anime and much much better IMO, oh thats right you don't care about my opinion, anyway check it out.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Don't bore yourself with more FMA, go watch Shiguirui. NOW.

Crazy times are had, nipples are eaten. Nipples are eaten! Did no one catch that when I said it the first time?
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Blog Entries
    Nipple eating isn't really my thing sorry.

Any opinion regarding yu-gi-oh? i saw a episode and it was kind of interesting but also a bit too kiddy for my tastes. Am i wrong?

can't believe I'm answering this one...
    the zero season is mindless, semi-plotless sadistic fun, as you watch yugi and his altar ego crush, abuse and defeat helpless idiots by using thier own special game (in which Yugi never loses), so it's fun.
    the 2nd series (duel monster) is long, sometimes awkward, makes hardly any sense and mostly leaves you angry for not understanding anything new. However, it's fun, and actually quite decent, if you can ignore the constant card games.
    the GX season is mostly cards with even stupider powers, and some idiots running around like someone gives a damn about card games. don't bother.
    the D5 season isn't out yet, but nobody expects much from it.

the abridged series is just what you need. go to general discussions to find out more.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Blog Entries
    I just watched the first episode and it was so nonsense i laughed

First yugi says rare card and somehow kaiba knows it's the blue eyes white dragon, then grandpa gets his ass kicked with his own deck and then gives him to yugi even tough he has no idea wtf is in there and somehow wins, then the circle of friendship ( OMFG!!!! xD ) and finally the awesome power to destroy the evilness inside kaiba.

I may watch this anime just for laughs

Edit: Can anyone tell me what they think about this anime called BLASSREITER ?

I've seen a poster of it and i was intrigued, looks quite good.
    Last edited by Archangel; Mon, 07-21-2008 at 01:44 PM.

I watched a few episodes of that one, but stopped when I just couldn't figure out who the main character is.

Can anyone recommend any good comedy anime that came out in the past 2 years?

Minami-ke was a pretty good comedy if u havn't already seen it already. If you are looking more for crazy comedy u can't go wrong with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. I can also recommend Kamen no Maid Guy from which are 9/12 eps subbed to date.

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll start downloading them now.