Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00 Episode 01

Gundam 00 Episode 01

Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 10-10-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Any idea how the quality is?

Gundam 00 - 01 FIXED - [GundamsNet]

EDIT: It reminded me a lot of Wing but with some of the philosophy of SEED sprinkled in.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Sat, 10-06-2007 at 08:17 PM.

^^Same here.

But I was not disappointed. My only problem so far is that the main character seems depressed, which will be annoying. But other than that, good stuff.

I have some high hopes for this series.

H264 in AVI container? Ugh...wtf??

Oh well. Will download anyway.

Good start of the series.

Only thing I was like wtf about was the tranny gundam pilot with the purple hair and glasses, I was like look, a chick, and then it spoke, he even has a purse in the ED too geez.

Yea, i swore that was a woman until he spoke...thats just creepy. Otherwise, i have high hopes for the show. LOL at virtue using that big-ass cannon on just one suit. I was thinking the same thing the other pilot was: "Overkill" >.<

Downloading the Torrent

Everytime I click on the torrent link it just gives me a website with a bunch of random characters I can't understand. Is anyone else having this problem, or at least know how to fix it so I can get the episode? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Curium
    Everytime I click on the torrent link it just gives me a website with a bunch of random characters I can't understand. Is anyone else having this problem, or at least know how to fix it so I can get the episode? Thanks.
    Change the extension of the file from .avi to .torrent.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

My first Gundam series ever, but still it seemed thoroughly familiar. The mecha genre is surely consistent through and through.

It seemed easily good enough to keep watching. However, although it could be a Gundam tradition, the Gundams seemed pretty overpowering. How are they going to build up any thrill in this? Or is there always some other organization in Gundams that can answer with equal force, and that just wasn't yet shown in the first ep?

Definately a Gundam tradition, Kraco. And don't be too surprised if some of the Gundams seem to be invincible later on in the series. It's pretty much normal.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Well, Lockon (Hmm, an obvious coincidence with his sniper rifle?) is badass. I like him so far.

And about Tieria. Everytime I look at him, I just can't believe that it's not a girl. Such a let down. ;x

The opening is GOOD. The ending is meh.

Wonder if there'll be any romance. It always used to be a pretty consistent theme throughout Gundam.

More Versions
    Gundam 00 - 01 (1280x720 H.264 MP4) - Anonymous

Gundam 00 - 01 (H.264 mkv) - [Nyoro~n]

The anonymous one looks the best of the versions I've seen but I have no talent for judging translation quality.

The translation by GundamsNET wasn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    The translation by GundamsNET wasn't very good.
    Yeah, editing was non-existent in that one.

The Anonymous version was good, though the spelling on the names may still need correction.

Gundam is generally not something I'm into (seeing the only other series I watched from start to finish was G) but this one shows a lot of promise. I like that everyone sees the contradiction of using force to stop war right from the very start. Nice shiny graphics, and most of the characters are interesting. They seemed to show nearly everyone in this episode alone, and I'm already wondering how the school-age boy and girl as well as the Chinese girl who was one the station and knew all about the Gundams already fit into all this.

cool stuff.
    I watched all 3 btw and Anonymous was def the best picture and translation wise ( though they made 1 or 2 translation goofs, far less then gundamsnet though, even nyoro was better).
    I just didnt like their font too much, it's so big and intrusive..
    -----------------

Man, there are some fine chicks in this anime...wait, what did you say?

Seriously. Until someone provides proof that the person in glasses isn't using a voice modulator, I'm gonna go ahead and just treat it as a girl for now. Good thing that other girl-dude is hotter than him-her.

Androgyny jokes aside, this is a nice opening. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing more of it.

Just watched the first ep and darn this show has a lot of characters. The captain having a drink when the mission started was funny, she's already a favorite of mine.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach