Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV: Moonlight

TV: Moonlight

TV show about vampires, so I have to watch it by default. First episode was alright, nothing to get excited about. In fact, I thought it was a very dissapointing first episode. But the second episode more than makes up for it, I thought it was pretty good.

Here are the first 2 episodes:
    http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?...a62cf2dee3cb80
    http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?...f7be0c8016bfdb

Show airs on CBS at 9pm on Fridays, second episode aired last night.

Moonlight follows Mick St. John, an immortal vampire and private investigator and his struggle to exist after he was bitten 60 years ago by his vampire bride on their wedding night. It also follows his internal torment as he falls in love with one he should not, one who is mortal named Beth, a news reporter, as well as his dealings with the woman who made him a vampire, his sire Coraline.

The show is produced by Warner Bros. Television and Silver Pictures. Joel Silver is executive producing with Trevor Munson and Ron Koslow both writing and executive producing.
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 01-16-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Sounds interesting, might give it a dl. Is there any looming presence of some evil organization or anything? If its just gonna be like a slice of life in the eyes of a vampire trying to get some human girl lovin, dunno if I want to.

No evil organization at the moment, but I'm sure there will be one eventually. I think that the woman that converted him will pay a big role in the series though. Still, give the first two episodes a chance, the first one was a bit underwhelming.

Pretty good, watched both. A revelation to the female lead already after 2 episodes?

I'm glad they decided to reveal it quickly instead of dragging the issue, else it would've simply turned out to be another Smallville. But as you mentioned, I hope that some bigger plot arises and it's not only some day to day cases. Even if no bigger plot arises, I hope that there will be some multi-episode stories, those are usually good with other shows.

Episode 3 was pretty good. She accepted it a little easy though...

I liked that she was easy... it's a change from the usual, plus it cuts down on the melodrama. It's fine as it is. But it was a cool episode indeed, but this guy keeps getting his ass kicked. He has to step up.

I honestly thought this newbie vampire was gonna get wrecked to pieces, but I guess the common theme used in most vampire stories of older vampires being more powerful doesn't apply in this series =(

Well, just watch eps 1 and 2, about to watch ep 3. Though i'd comment on the series before i got into the 3rd ep.

Ep 1 was enjoyable, and realistic. I liked the 'girl he saved 20 years ago' thing. Ep 2 however was a little amatuer in my opinion. I can't buy that this guy learned all about vampires by reading books, and happened to get it all rite. Obviously the conventional stuff isn't true for this series, like the bursting into flames in daylight thing. Yet somehow, he knew knew all the secrets from his years of reading vampire lore. And also the fact that he could repeatedly, and easily hurt himself and end up blamming mick. It was all just too convenient.

I really like his paranoid friend though. Would like to hear the backstory on how they met. Also a little detail about he vampire world would be kool...like how many are out there, is there a governing body, or is it every camp for himself?

Friday's episode was alright... and Beth has become slutty. Didn't take her long to try and get into Mick's pants.

I was very interested in this show when I first heard of it because there is definitely a niche to be filled but watching Moonlight I just felt under-whelmed, there is some potential though if its going to become anything noteworthy is yet to be seen.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Last ep was alrite....the action was good, and the dude getting his head ripped off from a roller coaster, well thats always fun to watch. But for the show to truly standout, we need more vampire and less crime drama. A vampire show should focus on vampires, not on the investigation aspect of it, while keeping the vamp stuff in the background.

Yeah, last episode wasn't too bad. I'd like to see more of Mick's friend (from Veronica Mars), he's cool.

Also, I agree with Munsu in the earlier post. Mick needs to start kicking more ass. Sometimes he just seems so weak. He always has troubles with those bad guys. But, I guess they've to do that, 'cause they can't make him super strong or something.
    Last edited by Zati; Tue, 10-30-2007 at 04:27 PM.

Yeah, not to bad of an episode, but as you guys have mentioned it would be nice if he was a little more badass, or we get to see Mick's friend go nuts, he's a couple hundred years old, would be cool.

Beth became even sluttier last episode... very nice. I like how she seems interested in being turned, don't know how long they'll drag that around. I wonder what future role the vampire blood drug she kept will play. I was hoping that old vampire would last more than one episode though.

Oh man, finally a big reveal. I kinda figured they'd eventually bring the ex-wife back, but it turns out she's not a vamp anymore. Can't wait to see how this turns out

Yeah, last episode was good... nice to see how they met and all. I wonder what role she'll play from here on out, and if she really is the ex and if she's really cured.

Jounin
    I think it is. Since she had the tattoo. The question right now is, is she human or vamp? I'm leaning towards vamp. If she set up all those other things maybe she used something to mask her oder. Like a human cologne - "for the vamp that wants to be human for a day". And she could have used some chemical maybe that made her wound not heal. I don't like the idea that you can be "cured".

And Beth needs to be turned. And they need to fuck. I know he said that vamps can't fuck but i think thats because he didn't want her to try since he probably don't trust himself around her. And perhaps he meant human and vampire cant do it because the vampire wouldn't be able to control himself? I don't think he meant it in the way that his dick don't work anymore.

I don't think there would be these many vampires if they would have to go through an eternity of erectile disfunction.

oh man, really interesting ep tonite. Finally we have conformation that morgan is coraleen. But still dont know if she's a human, or if she just found a way to mask her vampire-ness.

Im thinking she isn't a human. when mick kept asking "have you found a cure, is that what you're telling me?" she never actually replied....just kept kissing him. And shes already shown that she can keep her wounds from healing, like a normal human.

Lets see what happens next ep.