Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 29-30

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    I guess I am... its probably more accurate to say that I'm so dissapointed with the continuation of the Naruto story line that I can't see the point in archiving a series that has a crap ending (assuming Shippudden continues as it is).
    Naruto can't possibly beat Sailor Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Because you have to absolutely love a series to talk about it amiright?
    Absolutely not.
    But if you openly say you hate the series since 100 eps ago... why are you still watching?

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    But if you openly say you hate the series since 100 eps ago... why are you still watching?
    Because I didn't say I 'hate' it.

There exist levels of interest between 'loving' and 'hating' a series.
    Exactly, and right now Shippuuden is falling somewhere in that middle ground. It's not that the series is unbearably bad, it's just become heartbreakingly mediocre. That mediocrity is simply compounded by the fact that the show pre-filler was most certainly very good. So instead of being able to say "eh it's a pretty mediocre series, but i'll watch it when there's nothing else" we're left saying "Why have they brought one of my favorite shows down so low?". It's difficult to accept less when you've been able to expect more in the past.

Btw, i just noticed i got neg reped for correcting Genma about Kakashi's sharingan blowing off both of Deidara's arms. To whomever i offended with my correctness: My apologies, i'll try to be less right in the future

Well if it's any consolation...a lot of people bitched about this arc in the manga as well.

(Also, I think terra punched a few holes into his walls when deidara exploded back in the manga days of this arc.)
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Nai
    You know things are in the shitter when the antagonist appears like the heroic one. I always knew Naruto was a douchebag but after all that preaching about heroics, fair play and such he still decides to claim the life of the crippled Deidara for the sake of sheer vengeance? Not saying I mind him finally acting like a ninja but it comes across as slightly hypocritical considering his earlier statements and merely reinforces my belief that he is a brat without a fucking clue who should learn how to shut the fuck up. Quite difficult for me personally to get behind such a protagonist. The fact that he felt the need to throw a tantrum at the dying Chiyo didn't exactly make him more appealing. How about some respect for the elderly, kid?
    No, he's a retard for yelling at an old lady. There is a certain level of respect you should afford to elders, and screaming like at them like a bitch because you are going emo isn't endearing.
    Well isn't it kind of showing a darker side of Naruto? Becoming more and more influenced by the demon fox, it taking over his body and enticing him to release it like in the first episode. Becoming alienated with his friends and such. Just speculating. They seemed awfully close in that scene in the first episode, like the fox was getting to him somehow.