Just read the 109 chapters after your post, thanks neflight86.

It's a good story.
I'm not sure as to why/how that manga came to be. Is it possible that the flaming of medical care in Japan is in fact real?
If so, the focus is so much on skills/med teams and the hospital internal politics that the patients become background details... when it's precisely something criticized about the medical care.

I also understand Asada is a rare breed among geniuses. But I find it strange other doctors have so low skills (maybe there's a normal one, the one that trained on rats when young). Ok the scenario needs some contrast. But here I think it's really too much.

Then there are the hurdles in the OR, with surprises, anomalies and everything happening at the last time when you have to improvise. Heck, Asada even decides he would do stuff prior to the operation, but without even telling his team.

Last but not least, there's the opposition between highly skilled team and "average" team.

It is the real world. You can't have Asuda teams everywhere, so do what it takes to have "normal teams" being able to come close to the best teams. And that is part of the work of a research institution: designing methods to train/educate med teams into improving.
And another action would to be more selective for surgeon qualification, so that their numbers isn't so high they can't have enough ops to hone their skills.

But that was still a good read.