Thread: Shadowflame's Artwork

Shadowflame's Artwork

Hi, I screw around on MSPaint from time to time. Just thought I'd put up something I did recently. The character is 6th Fist: Hermit from History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. This is just a first draft, really, but I thought I'd put it up anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ist-Hermit.png

Hope people like it!

That's pretty good for something made in MSPaint.

Thanks! I've done a couple more, and I'm pretty sure this is okay to post, although if you're really a stickler I'd suggest not clicking the first link for "spoiler" related reasons (barely).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t-Valkyrie.png => 8th Fist: Valkyrie
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...hFist-Thor.png => 7th Fist: Thor

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    you made those with PAINT?

can you draw with pencil, pen or inks?

What you have shows promoise. And please let's get you Photoshop or another higher powered image software.

I don't watch that show at all, but
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ist-Hermit.png
    is an awesome job. You show a good sense for doing the texture of the clothing. You will need to study anatomy more before you draw a better actual body though. It's not bad, but pretty mediocre rudimentary with the muscles and overall posture. Try drawing some nudes

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Last edited by Thi3f; Wed, 01-09-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thi3f
    You need to work on your poses and anatomy, in the first two the characters are out of balance, and would fall over, if they're moving you need to think about line of action to make the image pop with a sense of motion, and the shading is off in pretty much all of those. It helps alot to imagine, or even sketch out, where the light is coming from.

Don't take this as mean comments, I mean it as constructive criticism. All of what I described can be found in most art teaching literature.

Also I would suggest learning how to draw real people before caricaturing them with a style such as the one in anime.

That's my two cents.
    Quoted for truth, especially the bolded part. That goes not just for Shadowflame, but for anyone who wants to draw better as well. I can't stress that enough.

Other than that, Goddamn that's some pretty good stuff! I'm impressed with the detail and coloring, anatomy issues aside.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Thi3f
    You need to work on your poses and anatomy, in the first two the characters are out of balance, and would fall over, if they're moving you need to think about line of action to make the image pop with a sense of motion, and the shading is off in pretty much all of those. It helps alot to imagine, or even sketch out, where the light is coming from.

Don't take this as mean comments, I mean it as constructive criticism. All of what I described can be found in most art teaching literature.

Also I would suggest learning how to draw real people before caricaturing them with a style such as the one in anime.

That's my two cents.
    What exactly does the "pop" comment mean? I've heard it before when referring to putting things in motion, but I don't know what that means when you actually put advice into practice. I of course would like it to look like there's movement going on (except in the sumo pic) but I don't know what you mean by "making it pop."

Ah yes, the shading. Thanks for pointing that out as well. I actually don't have a whole lot of time and money right now, so I'm glad you're telling me these things (since I can't take an art class). Although in my defense I can't see the whole figure as I'm drawing it due to sizing issues with my screen size and making the image big enough, but I hope that I'll be able to get a better sense of anatomy in order to know these things without having to see the whole figure.

I think I'll look around online for tutorials (that's what I've been doing thus far, although most of the Paint things I know are self-taught and the only things I've looked at are just time-savers) and try to improve my actual artistic sense. Thanks for the compliments and advice for improvement!

Ah Shadowflame, still refusing to pick up Photoshop. Anyway, after seeing a very spiffy Car and the Mona Lisa created using Paint I guess I have to give you some credit for your desire to become a Paint artist.

Anyway, your shadow work has improved a lot from your older drawings of stone searching, sun-touched hikers. However many of you edges still scream 'I was made in MSPaint and thus am not clean and crisp as I could be without meticulous effort.'

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflame
    That guy enjoys vore. I can tell.
    Anywho... nicely done
    Heres to hoping you pick up PS

I'm official.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    stone searching, sun-touched hikers.
    And this is why I love you.

And no, as Yuki said, still refusing to pick up PS. I might use it for some effects though, like in a pic I did of King from Tekken a few years ago.

Shadowflames Artwork

Not to be rude, but I fail to see this being able to take off, especially since an artist cannot add their own artwork themselves, and since we already have a forum for this same purpose.