Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GHOST HOUND

GHOST HOUND

A preview has been released by Genjo:

Ghost Hound Trailer 1 (h264)
    Ghost Hound Trailer 1 (Xvid)

Description from AniDB
    Reality is a dream, the dreams of the night are real.

In the world of Utsushiyo (reality), the development of an electronic brain far far away and long ago allows two different worlds to overlap.

Within the last vestiges of Japan`s raw landscape, lies a small coastal town. In it live three middle school students: Komori Tarou, Ogami Makoto, and Nakajima Masayuki. Each holds within them a unique past that cannot be erased.

Once more, but by different causes, three people learn that by the extraction of one`s soul, the coming and going between Utsushiyo and Kakuriyo (hidden world) is possible. Amidst the boys` adventure in Kakuriyo, they come to understand where it is is connected to.

An eternal spiritual story is offered to the adults who possess the minds of boys.

At last, this fall, the curtain will rise!!
    Original Work of Masamune Shirow, Script by Chiaki J. Konaka (Lain, Kino's Journey), character design from Oka Mariko (Jigoku Shoujo).

The trailer looks pretty good, lots of really strange looking characters, interesting setting, and it shows a lot of promise. I've always been a fan of the art style Oka Mariko used in Jigoku Shoujo, and GHOST HOUND looks even cleaner.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Yeah, Ghosthound is definitely on my list to try out this season. Wonder if it's going to be released in HD as well.....

That was really slow and confusing. This series looks to be a real slow one I'd imagine. Not sure what else I can say for it. Hopefully it turns out to be something more than a head scratcher.

The genre of this show is officially lethargy.

I have no idea what's going on but maybe subsequent episodes will tell. The graphics were rather interesting, at least.

I'm liking this series already. Definitely sticking to this one.
    Being able to see a ghost in the middle of the day is just... unusual o_O

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 11-05-2007 at 03:43 AM.

Something about the pacing is making me bored. Episode 2 was a little better, but that Tokyo kid annoys the hell out of me.

The psychologist seems really helpful and kind at times, but mostly, he's just freaky...

This series will start slowly, looking at the progress in the last two episodes. There may be potential in this one. They've introduced some fairly interesting characters, but just haven't developed them far enough, or at a good enough pace.

PS: the most interesting character is the girl with big eyes. Not only does she have eyes that can see supernatural things (it's not every day that you set eyes on the dragon god), but she has telescopic vision to identify a glint in distant clouds. Slow pace isn't a problem, at least not yet. My only fear is if this turns out digimon style and they go fight spirits episodically.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 11-05-2007 at 09:57 AM.

The eyes that can see:

Episode 3 - Genjo

Aye, I'm downloading 720p eps from Genjo. In a higher resolution the big eyed girl's eyes look even bigger. Take my word for that.

Which is a better subber you reckon? Genjo or Shinsen, disregarding the 720p goodness, though I think Shinsen releases they HD later on too.

Who knows... I remember having the first ep by Shinsen on my HD as well at one point but I don't think I ever had a chance to watch it before I switched to Genjo (and deleted Shinsen's sub). I have no complaints about Genjo's work, though. It seems perfectly fine to me.

This series certainly seems more and more psychological episode by episode. Still, there lingers the big eyed girl and her visions. But they could also be only some psychological condition. Though it wouldn't explain how she seemed to be able to see the guy flying around in his dream.

I guess the show will move towards the supernatural if one believes the description.

I thought this show WAS supernatural? Seems to me like the girl can see spirits. When they guy's dreaming, his soul comes out from his body and takes a tour, so the girl can see him. Haven't watched ep 3 yet, so you'll most likely know something I don't.

For those interested, ep 3 by Shinsen

I'll be giving both Genjo and Shinsen's 720p releases a try. I'm assuming Genjo's releases are encoded with a higher bitrate, since file sizes are like 348 vs 170MB. High Bitrate HD is the bomb!! Stupid Australia, having download quotas and all...
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 11-14-2007 at 09:47 PM.

Yeah, it is supernatural, no doubt, but I find it rather interesting how it's so psychological at the same time. You rarely see it depicted like this. And all of the main characters seem to have their own problems, no less. It's also promising how the big eyed girl seems to be gaining more screen time as she looks like an interesting character altogether. Firm attitude and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Yeah, it is supernatural, no doubt, but I find it rather interesting how it's so psychological at the same time. You rarely see it depicted like this. And all of the main characters seem to have their own problems, no less. It's also promising how the big eyed girl seems to be gaining more screen time as she looks like an interesting character altogether. Firm attitude and everything.
    And she's not exempt from her own problems, from the looks of things. The Genjo HD looked good. I'll watch Shinsen a little later to compare. I actually didn't know the brown haired guy killed the other person at his school. I thought he just witnessed the death...

Well, for all we know it could be one of those cases where a person thinks he killed somebody but in reality he only played a little partial role in pushing somebody over the edge (not literally). He's so annoying now, not sparing the others from any kind of remarks, probing their past and present condition that you could imagine he might have driven somebody quite crazy and caused a suicide indirectly. But still it wouldn't actually equal to killing someone.

Ghosts 'n Goblins... Er... Dogs.

Episode 4 HD - Genjo
    Episode 4 xvid - Genjo

This ep picked up the pace by alot. The main characters are finally going to start talking to each other now, so more development from now on rather than pure facts is to be expected. Three guys standing around sweaty, breathing heavily and eyelids half closed looking down at a girl in a bed sneaks in some thoughts that even the whole bassy tension music can't push back. We get a bit more info into Makoto's life, and the other guy too, forgot his name. The OBE forms were funny. They still had their ears, eyebrows and bottoms intact.

I'm really liking this series. Genjo's quality 720p just makes it all the better.

Just picked up this series and watched 3 in a go. Slow, but still pretty interesting, especially the parts with the girl with big round eyes.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。