Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie: Dragonball

Movie: Dragonball

I'm still a little skeptical, but nonetheless it was reported on Super Hero Hype, which is pretty credible in such news. Here's the article:

Dragon Ball Z Feature to Shoot in Montreal?
    Source: The Gazette September 4, 2007

The Gazette has posted unconfirmed news on the Dragon Ball Z movie at 20th Century Fox:

The 20th Century Fox studio is expected to shoot three big-budget movies in Montreal over the next year; each has a budget of at least $100 million. The films are the Night at the Museum sequel Another Night, Independence Day director Roland Emmerich's remake of the sci-fi flick Fantastic Voyage and a big-screen adaptation of the Japanese manga Dragonball Z.

Dragonball Z is adapted from the manga created by Akira Toriyama; the work was also turned into a Japanese anime series that played all over the world. It tells the story of an alien sent to destroy Earth, who has a change of heart and decides to join the humans in their fight against various aliens and bad guys.

There are no details yet as to when these three shoots will begin, but they are expected to wrap production by next July.

Stay tuned for possible confirmation of this.

"Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Ouch, this is quite a punch.
    Is it even possible to have a nice movie from such an anime series, with so many details, history and so on?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    There's been rumors of a DBZ movie for as long as I can remember. I'm not buying into this until I see some definitive proof. I even remember several websites coming up with possible cast-lists for this movie around 2002, because it was as good as "confirmed" even back then.

Not gonna hold my breath. Still waiting on some news on the live-action Evangelion movie too...

Edit: David75, I wouldn't expect too much regardless. It's DBZ after all. You just gotta know who the good guys and bad guys are, and you're set.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Jounin
    Well, if the Matrix can pull off flying, I am sure they can with DBZ.

I am just worried the power ups and Super Saiyan mode will look cheezy. :P

Ya, lets wait for some definitive proof.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    I'm personally looking forward to this. If it seems like they're doing a good job with hiring directors and casting, I might even see it opening night. I'd expect raucous cheering if they include the "IT'S OVER 9000!!!" line (which they so should).

But, you'd wonder far into the actual plotline they'd get with a normal length film. I'm thinking they cover Goku's arrival through Raditz. Maybe a very brief thing with the Red Ribbon and/or Piccolo from the Dragon Ball anime. With Vegeta and Nappa as the option for a sequel. Otherwise, it'll probably be a hodgepodge of characters and plotlines.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

It's not confirmed it's going to be live action, is it? But due to the studio that's working on it, maybe I guess =|. Don't know if they can capture the DBZ feel without looking like total cheeseballs and making you want to /palmface at the sight of them.

DBZ live action would suck....even if they had an awesome plot, and an amazing director, just the fact that you can't have the DBZ look for the characters would ruin it. You need to have the insane muscles, and the crazy hair, or its not DBZ.

They could however do a live action+cgi overlay thing, like with that Beowulf movie. Thats the only way i see it having even a remote chance of begin decent.

100 million? that would make a crazy awesome dbz movie.
    -----------------

I'll wait to see proof of this when it comes. Yes it could be interesting to have a DBZ live action film but at the same time... it could ruin things.
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

I remember reading about them making a DBZ movie since I was 8. Im completely skeptical, because they have yet to make one, why start now? Especially when the DBZ hype has died down so much after its dub finished a few years back.

i think i saw a chinese live action movie on dragonball b4 like 10 years ago and it was pretty weird

ty psj for this sig

Quote Originally Posted by 6Zabuza9
    i think i saw a chinese live action movie on dragonball b4 like 10 years ago and it was pretty weird
    I saw the same thing before. It was filmed in Taiwan and based loosely on the pilot episodes of Dragonball, when Gokou was still young.

It sucked..... so badly, and was a joke at best.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    i think the only thing a live action DBZ movie can do is confuse non-fans and infuriate actual fans. There is way too much plot to possibly ruin and / or not cover. unless they plan on filming 5-6 at a time to run in succession.

How do you show super fast speed with live action?

lol i remember the parts in dbz where when people were fighting, u cant see them actually fighting only random explosions on the screen because they said they were fighting too fast. that would be funny on live action

ty psj for this sig

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6Zabuza9
    lol i remember the parts in dbz where when people were fighting, u cant see them actually fighting only random explosions on the screen because they said they were fighting too fast. that would be funny on live action
    We just had this in Claymore ep23 in the fight beetween Clare and Rigardo.
    I thought exactly the same, that it was DBZ like...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

all anime high speed battles are the same

I still can't imagine live action Dragonball.

Someone should tell them to add some dirt and blood to their costumes... its not DBZ without dirt and blood.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    Someone should tell them to add some dirt and blood to their costumes... its not DBZ without dirt and blood.
    I'll do it.

*Carnage rallies the mob of angry DBZ fans*