Thread: Get to Know Your Fansubbers!

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Get to Know Your Fansubbers!

new feature starting this month, up on the frontpage.

http://www.gotwoot.net/?p=151#more-151

wasn't getting a lot of feedback on the latest Voice Actor article, and without knowing Japanese, it's a pretty tough task to accumulate any interesting information on some of them...

Besides, I think that little interviews with AonE staff is a good fit for the frontpage, since the greatest amount of traffic there is probably people looking for their releases.

Anyhow, tell me what you think. Also, any recommendations for future things on the frontpage are much appreciated.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

These are still very long, but it was pretty interesting. Even if some parts were random. I guess you could have listed there those projects Bread-sama has been involved in, as well.

I hopy you'll get interviews from as many AonErs as possible. Bread-sama was the most obvious one, seeing how he even visits this place, but I'm sure there are many that people only know by name if they happen to stare also at other things than the karaoke during OPs (unlike me).

I'm a fansubber :O does that MEAN I GET TO BE MEET PEOPLE!? or can I meat them instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    These are still very long, but it was pretty interesting. Even if some parts were random. I guess you could have listed there those projects Bread-sama has been involved in, as well.

I hopy you'll get interviews from as many AonErs as possible.
    Yeah, I suppose it's a bit long... but, it actually wasn't half as much work as those voice actor ones... The randomness comes because, although I have a general list of questions, I don't want to just keep asking the same exact questions to all of the staffers. But I don't know any of them either, so I really don't know what angle to pursue or what tailor made questions to come up with. I sorta went on the fly with some things, like the whole bit about movies.

I'd like to get more info on what goes into producing a fansub, but I also don't want to bore people. I also want it to be fun for the interviewee.

Bread-same was the first person to volunteer in response to my request (in their IRC channel), and it really was quite nice of him. I hope to get other guys as well, but that's partly up to them.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Not much goes into fansubbing besides a lot of e-drama... arguing fighting and then hating anime.

It's nice to know "A fansubber's point of view". I hope to hear more of these soon.

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

Masa: I like the idea... good job. Now if you only did it a year ago... I wouldn't mind being interviewed. But alas, retired folks don't count, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimura-sensei
    Masa: I like the idea... good job. Now if you only did it a year ago... I wouldn't mind being interviewed. But alas, retired folks don't count, do they?
    i don't see why not. it might be better to give first dibs to current guys, but I really don't see any problem in interviewing older/ex staff as well.

Student
    Good work.
    Keep it up
    Douchebox

I would much rather read a content-filled, but short/medium length interview than that long random piece of shit that Masa posted. Honestly, no one cares whether some random fansubber likes Greys Anatomy or Scrubs. Get some fucking content.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikyuu
    arguing fighting and then hating anime.
    qft, at least from what I can remember

Can we get the Crustol interview :P