Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21616768697071
Results 1,401 to 1,416 of 1416

Thread: One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Hmm...Kuma vs Kidd should be interesting indeed....

If Kuma is a cyborg, and Kidd can manipulate metal, then this could be a relatively easy win for Kidd. Considering that Kidd's bounty is higher than Luffy's, and Luffy defeated two shichibukai, it shouldn't be too outrageous for Kidd to be able to stand up to Kuma.

Edit: Also....rereading it....another possibility I consider is that Kuma is indeed the original captain of Law's crew. He does possess the same patterns that Law wears, and they both seem to be all about bears, too. Maybe there will be some sort of tie-in with this?
    Last edited by Assertn; Sun, 06-29-2008 at 11:03 PM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Hmm...Kuma vs Kidd should be interesting indeed....

If Kuma is a cyborg, and Kidd can manipulate metal, then this could be a relatively easy win for Kidd. Considering that Kidd's bounty is higher than Luffy's, and Luffy defeated two shichibukai, it shouldn't be too outrageous for Kidd to be able to stand up to Kuma.

Edit: Also....rereading it....another possibility I consider is that Kuma is indeed the original captain of Law's crew. He does possess the same patterns that Law wears, and they both seem to be all about bears, too. Maybe there will be some sort of tie-in with this?
    A very astute observation. However, I have two problems with it.

1) Kuma, a captain? I think thats a bit far fetched to me. He seems more of the work for someone type than lead a crew into getting more powerful as pirates. He'd have to be much stronger than what he is now.

2) You're assuming that most if most (if not all) of the Shichibukai are/were captains at one point in their history. I think thats wrong. We don't even know if they all were.

Side note:
    I think Law just became the most powerful supernova with his invite of Captain/slave Jean Bart. He's going to own now.

Thoughts?

prediction: I think we're going to see a very interesting fight here. Because of the powers each posses from their respective fruits, we're going to see each at their limits going all out against each other. Kidd holding his arm from over use on the ground breathing hard. Kuma striped down to a terminator like metal skeleton frame with barely anything left on him. Thats how I see it happening. It also makes me believe that since a former captain joined his crew, why is so crazy to think that Rayleigh could join the straw hats after this ordeal? Think about it.

1) wants to meet Luffy and talk to him.
    2) he knows shanks and knows shanks knows him
    3) is already helping him out in a huge way besides his Haki barrage on the marines
    4) he already wants to help the SH crew coat their ship for the New World (ok this isn't true yet, but we all know Oda is going to make it happen)

side note: I think Luffy will be fine in the New World. My theory is simply this, he knows Shanks, a Yonkou. And thats really it. I've been thinking about for a while and if someone wants to call me out on that I'd love to see them try.
    Last edited by docdan63; Mon, 06-30-2008 at 12:52 AM.

1) Kuma, a captain? I think thats a bit far fetched to me. He seems more of the work for someone type than lead a crew into getting more powerful as pirates. He'd have to be much stronger than what he is now.

Are you honestly saying that one of the Shichibukai isn't strong enough to be Captain of a pirate crew? Maybe you need to reread his appearance at Thriller Bark to get an idea of his strength.

2) You're assuming that most if most (if not all) of the Shichibukai are/were captains at one point in their history. I think thats wrong. We don't even know if they all were.

Unless they were first mates under one of the Yonkou then I think it goes without saying that they were all Captains. Furthermore, al of them that have been shown so far except Mihawk are still active crew Captains.

Also, Kuma's reputation was formerly known as "The Tyrant" Kuma before becoming a shichibukai...

Apparently that doesn't necessarily mean he was a pirate leader or something?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerph

Unless they were first mates under one of the Yonkou then I think it goes without saying that they were all Captains. Furthermore, all of them that have been shown so far except Mihawk are still active crew Captains.
    I'm not saying that they weren't first mates of the Yonkou. And yes they probably were. But I just think it's kind of early and backwards to think that Kuma was a captain at this point. Even if he has his Law theory backing him. We need know more. Thats all.

On the Mihawk statement. I think he's the only one that has the possibility of being a lone wolf. Probably the most powerful lone wolf in one piece. I'd bet my marbles on it. The only problem is that most of the time we have something like that, Oda doesn't like to leave it alone. Mihawk though, a good possibility that he might. I think he has some sort of vampire connection. Oda wouldn't give him a name like that and then leave it alone. Just a stupid theory anyway.

One last thing about the captains to you boilerph. You said that most of them would be more than able to be former or ex captains, and that I need to reread Kuma coming to Thriller Bark right? Well consider this. Even though he was intimidating. What are you even referring too? HIs size? His presence? No one on Morias ship knew who he was. And Perona wasn't even that scared of him at the start. And what do you mean all are active captains? No they aren't. Jimbei gave Arlong his crew. Kuma (assuming I'm agreeing with you and Assert) isn't anymore a captain and is the governments bitch. Croc wasn't even a captain of an official pirate ship. He was a government agent with other agents working under him. So he doesn't even count. Thats 3. Half of the group lol. Moria and teach are the only ones left and Moria was freshly owned by Luffy only a few chapters ago. Doflamingo was a captain of the Bellamy pirates and he gave it to Bellamy (hence the current name) It was same situation with Disco and his Auction house business. He just wanted to give it away and wasn't interested in it anymore. And those are all different situations for each one. Plus we don't know if Mihawk was one. And we haven't seen the last Shichibukai yet.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docdan63
    Key word there, wet. Besides that, everything passes right through him because he's basically made of sand. Both Smoker and him have shown those traits.I don't remember when, but Smoker was even sleeping at one point and had a punch or weapon pass through him. So yeah Croc is the same. I'll give you that he's made of rubber. But rubber is an ability he was given. The bottom line is that yes he is all rubber so it's like an element, however, since he is able to be cut or burned, technically, not all things can pass through him. Like a logia type. And if you need the actual definition. Heres a site that will clear things up.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Logia

If that doesn't convince you then I don't know what will.
    Except, like I said, a glass sword would cut through Enel, an unquestionable Logia type. And Smoker and Ace have both shown the trait that getting hit WON'T make them turn into their element, if they are hit by surprise (recall the scene in the Arabasta bar, where both Smoker and Ace are looking for Luffy).

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am saying it isn't very clear. Anyway, this is pointless. Luffy kicks ass either way. :-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville
    Except, like I said, a glass sword would cut through Enel, an unquestionable Logia type. And Smoker and Ace have both shown the trait that getting hit WON'T make them turn into their element, if they are hit by surprise (recall the scene in the Arabasta bar, where both Smoker and Ace are looking for Luffy).

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am saying it isn't very clear. Anyway, this is pointless. Luffy kicks ass either way. :-)

Well it seems as if you enjoy having the last word. So I'll let you savor that. All I really care about are powerhouses anyway in any anime series. In this one it just happens to be bad ass pirates with strong fleets and powers sailing the seas. But every time I try and create a topic about those pirates that I might think have fights coming up, I get warned to flamed about spoilers Even though everyone ends up posting in one. Like my what are devils fruits powers or who do you think is closest to becoming the pirate king thread. So fuck it. I'll make one more about the future fight between WB and the Shichibukai and then thats it.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Bad faith. Don't insult me, we're just talking. I just asked a question. Your answer was not very convincing, and in fact is contradicted by passages as I have shown -- the Arabasta bar, where Luffy Bazookas into Ace and Smoker (which don't turn into their elemental types), and Enel, who would be cut by any sharp electrical insulator, like glass. The WHOLE reason Luffy could touch him was because rubber is an insulator.

I was done with this topic, but YOU brought it up, again. In a very passive-aggressive way, I might add. It seems like YOU want the last word, but are frustrated by my simple objections.

Banned
    I was reading through the boards and manga, and something came to my attention. I didn't know this but Ace was WB's second division commander. Jozu the big guy here http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0000434/03.jpg and Marco the 1st division captain were above and below Ace. But it makes me wonder something. I know Jozu is probably very very strong. And Ace had one of the most powerful fruits around (logia and in general) but if they were bother below Marco, than how strong could Marco be? The would have to much stronger than Ace and at least have a fruit or some kind power that makes him worthy of being above command.

Thoughts?

Two weeks without Internet... well, I ended up reading two chapters at once as a result.

Something interesting about Kidd is how he responded to Luffy's line about finding One Piece first. Earlier, it sounded like he was just an evil civilian-killer, but now it seems like he's an evil civilian-killer that only targets people who laugh at the One Piece dream.

Whitebeard vs Shichibukai: I don't think it'll be one-sided. If we think of Whitebeard's lieutenants as two people comparable to Ace and replace Whitebeard with Shanks/Mihawk, they should be fine.

Kuma is a bit difficult to figure out. He definitely has his own agenda since he's deviating from the World Government's orders at such a crucial time (especially since he appeared to be the most loyal in the past). At first I thought that he may be friendly with Dragon, but now that he's attacking Kidd that idea is pretty weak.

Law taking in that captain: I don't think this really says much... guys like Masira can survive in the Grand Line so the captured captain is most likely on par with weaker members of the Strawhat crew.

ANBU Captain
    I thought all of the shichibukai were all pirates that were once captains or high bounty holding pirates that were given the option to stop being hunted in exchange for govt. territory and thier allegiance. I dont see how Kuma or any of the shichibukai couldnt be captains at one point or another. Flamingo, Moria, and Jinbei were already known and feared as pirate captains why cant Kuma be one?
    Anyways, this manga never ceases to deliver for me. I think that Kidd's battle and all the other battle that will occur will be interrupted (unfortunately) due to the chaos on the island as it stands. I think the previous pirates shown will all either run through battles and give eachother a means to escape, or two or three pirate crews might get captured to make way for more interesting and dynamic crews to get away. Lets face it some of the other pirate crews arent as great as the ones we've seen developed. Besides the One Piece universe isnt lacking in characters, it can spare a couple pseudo famous pirates.
    I hope Kidd, Law, and X-drake escape. I dont remember the crew with the sky island native but i would like to see more explained about that area of the story. Cant wait for 507!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by toonice714
    I dont see how Kuma or any of the shichibukai couldnt be captains at one point or another. Flamingo, Moria, and Jinbei were already known and feared as pirate captains why cant Kuma be one? Anyways, this manga never ceases to deliver for me. I think that Kidd's battle and all the other battle that will occur will be interrupted (unfortunately) due to the chaos on the island as it stands. I think the previous pirates shown will all either run through battles and give eachother a means to escape, or two or three pirate crews might get captured to make way for more interesting and dynamic crews to get away. I hope Kidd, Law, and X-drake escape. I dont remember the crew with the sky island native but i would like to see more explained about that area of the story. Cant wait for 507!!!

No no. Kuma can be a captain and Assert is probably right about him being Laws former captain. I'm just saying Odas done a good job convincing me that he's always been a loyal shichibukai and not a rebel. A good boy if you will. Theres rumor going around now that Kidd may be the last shichibukai member. Like a secret agent one or something. I hope all of them escape actually. The straw hats can't handle everyone alone. And I actually think it'd be boring without Drake. He used to be a former marine official and knows how the government works. So it'd be interesting to see what he'll think will happen when Kizaru shows up with his boys.

What do you mean by developed crews? I actually think Oda showing us Joz and Marco early on, sets us up on a good preview for whats coming. It was really clever and well done IMO. Especially when Marco and Joz knew that Shanks was going to cause some disruption and told the weak young guys to back down.

By the way. Why is everyone frothing over Laws powers? It's not even a logia type and it's just funny looking. I think Oda could do better with a supernovas powers.
    Last edited by docdan63; Wed, 07-02-2008 at 11:13 PM.

I think you're confusing boards, docdan. This is Gotwoot... I don't see anyone here frothing over Law.

I think you're confusing rumors with personal conjecture, docdan. Nobody is suspecting that Kidd is a shichibukai.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

ANBU Captain
    I just consider the newly shown pirate crews(capone, magic guy and chick who cant stop eating) as throw aways with the exception of X-Drake. But that is just my personal opinion. Those characters are no less significant than the other pirate crews shown. I just personally dont see them being of any value to the advancement of the story other than to give the other more interesting crews an escape route. Thats just me. I also love how OP gives you hopefuls in the way of match-ups. Like Law's bear vs. Sanji, Kidd's firstmate Vs. Zoro, etc.

Banned
    I consider them throw away crews as well. And it's probably why the Admiral showing up scaring them is coming into play. My thought at least. Oda couldn't have no pirates there with only SH's and bounty hunters roaming around. So I agree with I was just wondering what you meant by throw away is all. When do you guys actually think we'll see WB start to fight the shichibukai? I say chapter 511 or 512.

On the Law thing. I was mixing my forum accounts up there. Many forums think Laws ability is plain bad ass. I just think it's weak for Oda to use this late in the series on a guy like him. Thats all
    Last edited by docdan63; Sat, 07-05-2008 at 12:12 AM.