Thread: One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    482 by franky house

Don't forget, the more shadows you absorb, the less control you have over your own body. After too many, you flat-out lose consciousness. Aside from that, however, Moria is the kind of guy who prefers having other people do his dirty work for him. Why add the shadows to his own power when he doesn't even need to lift a finger?

That aside, this chapter pretty much demonstrated that:
    gear second luffy > 1000x nightmare moria > 100x nightmare luffy > oz + moria

so gear second luffy > 100x nightmare luffy? how does that work?

Cause shadows can never be as good as THE GUTS IT TAKE TO KEEP GOING! ::cues naruto theme::

Anyhow, yeah, I kinda agree that he more just punched Moria and withstood an explosion that occured because of Moria's body breaking down ...

Meh ...

edit: after re reading it again, i'm not too sure what to make of it. But as it appears, a broken down, tired, worn out gear 2 luffy is stronger than Moria with 1000 shadows and oz.
    Last edited by Kensee; Sat, 12-15-2007 at 08:03 AM.

You'll see my posts earlier in this thread about this arc being ridiculously far-fetched, but they pretty much said the reason why Luffy was able to defeat Moria. He was losing control and consciousness. That's why even Zoro said(paraphrase) "The battle is already over" before Luffy started fighting. I've seen this sort of thing in a few other animes, but can't think of them at the moment. The one I can think of is probably a bad comparison, but i'll still use it.

In our !favorite! show Dragon Ball Z; Kid Buu was actually weaker than the other Buu before him, but because he was pure evil he was stronger (if I remember correctly? It was something close to that anyway). So switch evil with control and you've got the same idea here. If Moria was able to take complete rational control over himself he was probably unstoppable.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

or to put this in realistic term, it's like having a 1080p HD TV but you are playing the super nintendo on it. The tools are all there but you don't have the stuff to bring out it's full potential.

Luffy with 100x soul had alot less power than Moria did but the main difference was that luffy had full control of it.

Quote Originally Posted by joker-kun
    In our !favorite! show Dragon Ball Z; Kid Buu was actually weaker than the other Buu before him, but because he was pure evil he was stronger (if I remember correctly? It was something close to that anyway). So switch evil with control and you've got the same idea here. If Moria was able to take complete rational control over himself he was probably unstoppable.
    you shouldn't have mentioned our !favorite! show, that's pracitcally setting off a land mine.

it's hard to compare the power of the diffrent 'Buu's, due to the absurdity of the show.
    the power charts in the fandom indicate huge diffrences in favor of kid buu, but i haven't found any proof to the relability of those numbers, so i'm dropping them for instincs and what my mind tells me is right.

Super buu (gohan + Piccolo) was probably the strongest, but there's no way to compare that, since he only fought Vegito, and Vegito could obliterate anything in the DBZVERSE.
    super buu (piccolo + gotenks) fought both gohan, and kicked his ass, and fought Vegita and goku and beat them without any problems.
    Kidd buu had to fight against Vegita and Goku, Vegita lasted about 5 mintues before going completly incomptent, and Goku was defeated, but stood a decent fight, and after reviving by the 3rd wish ("new boots, size nine!") he was able to overpower buu and make the spirit bomb hit.

my guts say that super buu was indeed the most powerful enemy, his enourmous power and cunning nemak wisdom made him a brutal foe that knows his way around. Kid buu was just a powerful munchkin, he'd never stand a chance against Gotenks (SSJ3) or Gohan, but we'll never know for sure.

oh, one piece.
    if Moria (a person with his own shadow) takes another shadow, does the shadow merge into his soul (Orochimaru style) or is 'temparory' and the shadow escapes when the person is defeated? does Moria shadow upgrade with each shadow Moria takes or is it staying the same, refleacting the fact that moria isn't getting stronger 'himself'?

Okay, I know we're getting a little off-topic, but about DBZ:

The Supreme Kai (the fused Supreme Kai with his Servant) said that as Kid Buu absorbed more and more, he became less and less pure. The way I it was that his power-level would sink lower and lower to those he absorbed. Thus:

Kid Buu > Kid buu descending down to Gohan's level (after Buu absorbed him). This is probably why Fat Buu was so weak because kid Buu in the past absorbed this really fat God that probably had relatively low power level (compared to SSJ3 Goku and Mystic Gohan).