Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1416

Thread: One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Holy shit, that's awesome, Carnage!

Yeah, Kid's looks just like Kuma's...which....isn't ridiculously different from Alvida's either. I wonder what the specific charactistics of them are.

Unfortunately, Luffy's technique seems to be the lamest of the three of them.

It's interesting that they reported 13 bounties in the slave house, right?
    The five over 100k of course are
    Luffy, Law, Kid, Zoro, Killer

Then there's....
    Nami, Chopper, Franky, Robin

Usopp's bounty is under his "Soge King" alias, so they might not have recognized him, Sanji never gets recognized by his bounty, and I don't know if Brooke has a bounty or not...I'm sure nobody would recognize him if he did.

I guess that means the remaining four are distributed across the other two pirate crews?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    SURPRISE DECAPITATION!

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    and I don't know if Brooke has a bounty or not...I'm sure nobody would recognize him if he did.
    Yeaht I'm sure they didn't recognize him but he does a bounty of 33,000,000.

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece...9/page010.html

Banned
    There is one thing I'm a bit confused about though. Admiral Kizaru is coming to the archipelago for Luffy's royal punch. But why is Garp going? To see Luffy again and help him? The only reason I've heard for him going is to see whats going on there (commotion wise) and the main being to see if the rumor of Silvers being there is really true. This sounds like bull crap to me. Why would he bother with an old retired pirate. He's a slave now. And an old one. Even being Rogers right hand man doesn't seem like reason enough to go there and see him. I mean why would he go? To talk about the old days with him? So they can remember the old days of getting higher in the ranks over the years?

Someone needs to explain that one to me.

He was going to keep it from becoming a big event. He seems to have history with Silvers so he wanted to go handle any issues that might arise on his own without diverting anymore of the Marines power from the fight with Whitebeard.
    I have to say your comments about Silvers are way off. Who cares if he's old and retired, he was first mate in the strongest pirate crew ever. Obviously Garp knows that he would only be sold as a slave if he wanted it to happen. Garp wanted to stop him from possibly pissing off any noble that might have bought him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerph
    He was going to keep it from becoming a big event. He seems to have history with Silvers so he wanted to go handle any issues that might arise on his own without diverting anymore of the Marines power from the fight with Whitebeard.
    I have to say your comments about Silvers are way off. Who cares if he's old and retired, he was first mate in the strongest pirate crew ever. Obviously Garp knows that he would only be sold as a slave if he wanted it to happen. Garp wanted to stop him from possibly pissing off any noble that might have bought him.

Well I didn't mean that he was weak or anything like that. I was just saying that he was there and the fact that he's past his prime is going to be hard to determine why Garp is interested in going there to see him. And Garp could just be bored who knows? He could also be interested in why his grandson is there. I actually don't see the marines in a very we must uphold justice fight for whats right, stop piracy theme in this series. I don't know about you guys but I don't. I mean Garp and Aokiji (one of the strongest men in the marine arsenal mind you) both let Luffy slip out of their hands. Garp twice now. That isn't marines. Plus most every pirate has something special about them that makes them powerful. The marines only have a ton of medium strength men that rarely have devils fruits to offer them. Besides that, only a few are decent in terms of power to even the weakest crewmen on a standard pirate ship. The only impressive thing is if all 3 Admirals possessed a DF ability. And only if they were all logia types.

Bottom line. The marines are my main problem in this series, not Silvers. I love the guy, happy Oda introduced him and the man went everywhere any pirate wants to go in the world. He's simply bad ass. The marines on the other hand only have strong men, and "good fighters"(if that counts for anything against even the SH screw with their current bounty and level of power) And the marines have to get lucky to get a guy like Aokiji to join up. He didn't get really strong and then the marines gave him his fruit. He probably ate it then the marines blessed themselves for getting a guy that skilled and powerful with a fruit like that. It bothers me that they get these great powerful fighters, then hide behind them only able to come close to them by having tons of ships men and cannonballs.

Note:
    About what Doflamingo said to disco. Yeah, WB's crew is toast. They're about to get their asses handed to them. Unless Marco and Joz are so strong that they can lead everyone into a victory. I don't think WB is actually a fighter. But it will be interesting to see if he will fight for Aces revenge. Blackbeards power alone could sweep entire fleets. And Doflamingo messes with people by controlling them. Imagine what he could do when he's actually trying with a powerful crew behind him. Also. Which Shichibukai do you guys think will actually show up? I for one don't think some will show up.

Will show and why:
    Mihawk
    (he's a lone wolf but he even showed up to the Mariejoa meeting)
    Doflamingo
    (he told Disco that he can't bother dealing with the auction house because he's actually obeying his Government orders)
    Blackbeard
    (This is tough. But I'd have to say he's going because he's the newest one. His power is needed and valued. And he actually wanted to become a member. Which makes me think he's fine with taking orders)
    Jimbei
    (obviously because of Fishman Island, pending that he's there he's the closest current member)
    Kuma
    (loyalist member of the warlords)
    last unknown shichibukai
    (Government is calling everyone)

Won't show and why:
    Moria
    (Unless hogback fixed him up, or the Government got him a really good doctor, fast he's probably still banged up from Luffy's beating)

By the way. First Crocodile now Blackbeard? Is it me or does the government like having a logia user as a Shichibukai? Seems logical enough with the power of the fruit type. Maybe it could be just coincidence that blackbeard has a logia and was chosen as the next warlord member. And Crocodile could be the same way who knows?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by docdan63; Tue, 06-24-2008 at 11:03 PM.

fist of all.
    the goverment went after Tom, who merly built the ship, not even a crew-member (and the 'crime' still stayed releveant even ten years after the original charges). so if there's an oppertunity to get the first mate, they'll go after it. if only to show the world that the marines are still in the game.
    and there's probably other benfits to gain from silver, mainly the whereabouts of the polyphones...

the SH crew is exceptional becuse each of them has a bounty. most of the pirate crews (Photon's fox, Duvell, even BBQ workers, everyone from before the grandline) are pretty weak, and are no match for a marine's vice captain or something. even smoker is a 'very strong' marine, despite not being an admiral or anything. I'll give him a 'bounty power' of around 120MIL..

we've seen how the buster call works, they came and carpet bombed the entire island. I think that if they all focus on a single target (1000sunny) they can drawn the ship in a second.

Holy shit you people are writing fucking essays, do you really care that much to discuss this manga over the internet?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Holy shit you people are writing fucking essays, do you really care that much to discuss this manga over the internet?

Yes. Yes I do. Now more than ever, it's actually worth being frothy and wiled eyed over. It's been the best and everyones been waiting for a moment for Oda to bust out the power houses of the series. This is a perfect recipe to have everyone go nuts about it on the boards. Speaking of which.

Do you guys think Marco (1st division commander) and Jozu (3rd division commander) from WB's crew are strong enough to take the Mihawk Kuma and the gang? honestly?
    Last edited by docdan63; Thu, 06-26-2008 at 06:01 PM.

I don't see why not. Rockstar, Shanks' newest crew member, had a hundred million dollar bounty WHEN HE JOINED. Bounties aren't everything, but it's clear that the Yonkyou have very strong crews, or else the Marines would have mopped the floor with them.

Anyway, I've got a the feeling that Do Flamingo's mind control thing is really more of that "determination POWER!!!!!" thing Shanks and now Silvers have used, and not a DF.

Also, the suna suna no mi was a paramecia type as far as I know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville
    I don't see why not. Rockstar, Shanks' newest crew member, had a hundred million dollar bounty WHEN HE JOINED. Bounties aren't everything, but it's clear that the Yonkyou have very strong crews, or else the Marines would have mopped the floor with them.

Anyway, I've got a the feeling that Do Flamingo's mind control thing is really more of that "determination POWER!!!!!" thing Shanks and now Silvers have used, and not a DF.

Also, the suna suna no mi was a paramecia type as far as I know.

Actually yes. Rockstar had a bounty of 94 million and was still a rookie when he joined Shanks crew. And I agree all of the Yonkou have very strong crews. But I was wondering because unless they have something special, fruit or otherwise, it seems like it's going to be hard for them to fight the Shichibukai who all have an assortment of different tasty fruits. I somewhat agree that Doflamimgos powers are a skill rather than a fruit. But I actually think somewhere down the line, we're going to see other people with it. If it's not a fruit it's possible. Think about it. If Silvers, Shanks and Roger all know/knew "spirit attacks", then I'm sure most of Rogers top crew did. Hence, if Doflamingo knows how to control people (assuming he has no fruit) then I'm sure a powerful "someone" taught him how and it's a skill that has followers like the spirit scare that Roger or Rayleigh taught everyone on their crew.

An um. Yeah no everyone knows and it's been said many times that the suna suna no mi (crocs fruit) was a logia type. I'd love for you argue you're way out of this one man.

An um. Yeah no everyone knows and it's been said many times that the suna suna no mi (crocs fruit) was a logia type. I'd love for you argue you're way out of this one man.

Easy. Citation needed. :-p

By the way, I don't mind being wrong, but now I'm curious. If the Suna suna no mi was a Logia type, then why isn't the Gomu Gomu no Mi? As far as has been shown, Luffy is "made of rubber" -- Croc is "made of sand". So what's the difference?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5VZ7F1U8

505...look who shows up YET again.
    Last edited by rockmanj; Fri, 06-27-2008 at 09:20 PM.

this time. he better kill or be killed, none of the pussy "I'll let you go, for now" crap.
    I really hope someone gets to kill him, but I don't think it'll happenn.

but still, a fun chapter.

504....action, light comedy, supense(?), it's just great.

btw rockman, with all the crazy stuff the marines are invovled with right now, it's expected that someone of his level shows up. but for HIM out of all people to just appear right now is just beyond crazy.

(edit: I don't even think these two will fight right now due to all of the circumstances happening right now)

Hopefully it's a quick stop before meeting up w/ the others cause their is no way the battle between those two groups could be over so quick. i'm praying that Oda will at least show some scenes of it going down instead of it being some "unseen background plot development".

And it seems that Kidd's DF is the power of a magnet. So any fighting between those two should be interesting.
    Last edited by Xscatic; Sat, 06-28-2008 at 02:21 AM.

It seems they like to throw Kuma out a lot lately. But what if he wasn't there on the marine's behalf? That would be interesting...

Banned

Easy. Citation needed. :-p

By the way, I don't mind being wrong, but now I'm curious. If the Suna suna no mi was a Logia type, then why isn't the Gomu Gomu no Mi? As far as has been shown, Luffy is "made of rubber" -- Croc is "made of sand". So what's the difference?

Easy. The difference is luffy can be cut up, and his skin doesn't come apart to deflect and stop everything, er, let things pass through like logia types. And he can't rebuild himself after attack. Technically, I can see where your argument would come in. But in the end its an ability to stretch. Otherwise that would be like saying that Robins hands can be built so much that she can be "made from hands". Which would be bullshit. In the end, logia is an elementally based fruit. Rubber is not an natural element. So stop trying to pass it off as one.

About Kuma. I really hope other shichibukai show to the party. I'm getting tired of him, he's the most uninteresting one. We don't even know if he was a pirate who went the government route now. He says he was built (at least partially) by Vegapunk. And I think it is the real Kuma. The reason he doesn't have his gloves on, is probably because he always has to take them off to fight. Which means this is going to be a serious fight fir the Shichibukai to handle. No need to slow things down by taking off and putting on gloves. On a personal note. I fucking hate the guy. We've seen him do like one cool thing with his fruit (with Luffys pain) on Thriller Bark and that was it. He's so calm we don't even know if he's a that strong. He's just really big and scary looking. I don't know I'll have to see. I'm going to to have to ask the same question that Kid is asking. He probably doesn't know the full story like we do. But why is Kuma there? If all of the shichibukai were summoned to fight WB, then he should be there fighting along side the other 6. Unless he's a clone like everyone is saying. Or, he is not really that crucial to the fight against WB's crew.

I really want Mihawk, Black Beard and Doflamingo to show up. Watching those guys fight again WB's crew, could be very very interesting. Especially if Marco and Jozu can hold up a good fight. Can't wait.
    Last edited by docdan63; Sat, 06-28-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docdan63
    Easy. The difference is luffy can be cut up, and his skin doesn't come apart to deflect and stop everything, er, let things pass through like logia types. And he can't rebuild himself after attack. Technically, I can see where your argument would come in. But in the end its an ability to stretch. Otherwise that would be like saying that Robins hands can be built so much that she can be "made from hands". Which would be bullshit. In the end, logia is an elementally based fruit. Rubber is not an natural element. So stop trying to pass it off as one.
    Crocodile can be cut as well, if he's wet. Enel can be cut as well, with a sharp, hard rubber knife, or glass (which, like rubber, is an insulator). Neither can "rebuild" themselves in that case. Indeed, both Enel and Crocodile bled after getting beaten by Luffy.

Luffy is SLIGHTLY weaker in that regard since any sharp object can cut him. But he is made of rubber, or else he couldn't do Second and Third Gear, which rely on his organs and bones being made of rubber.

Also, rubber trees. Though most rubbers are synthetic, there are many natural rubbers.

Banned
    Crocodile can be cut as well, if he's wet. Enel can be cut as well, with a sharp, hard rubber knife, or glass (which, like rubber, is an insulator). Neither can "rebuild" themselves in that case. Indeed, both Enel and Crocodile bled after getting beaten by Luffy.

Luffy is SLIGHTLY weaker in that regard since any sharp object can cut him. But he is made of rubber, or else he couldn't do Second and Third Gear, which rely on his organs and bones being made of rubber.

Also, rubber trees. Though most rubbers are synthetic, there are many natural rubbers.

Key word there, wet. Besides that, everything passes right through him because he's basically made of sand. Both Smoker and him have shown those traits.I don't remember when, but Smoker was even sleeping at one point and had a punch or weapon pass through him. So yeah Croc is the same. I'll give you that he's made of rubber. But rubber is an ability he was given. The bottom line is that yes he is all rubber so it's like an element, however, since he is able to be cut or burned, technically, not all things can pass through him. Like a logia type. And if you need the actual definition. Heres a site that will clear things up.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Logia

If that doesn't convince you then I don't know what will.