Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1416

Thread: One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    I can see where all this is coming from, Brook is an odd bird amongst them, but it'll change in an arc or two. the same way the during Skypiea arc Robin was distant from the team. Brook needs a bit more time to in the group.

I wonder if Luffy still has any 'fear' left from the WG, after the judgement island incident. before it, I had the feeling that Luffy is 'intimidated' by Aoikoji and the other admirals, the way the Robin is afraid of the buster call. but now?
    I don't think Luffy even cares for them, he knows where he stands and how he fares.
    he has a big ass crazy new top notch ship, his crew racks 600 billion in bounties, he himself is the ranked the 2nd most dangerous pirate on the island. how much does Luffy care for what the goverment throws at him?

edit: continuing what I wrote last week, about the strentgh of Jinbei.

Chaoter 69 page 08

"Arlong is the mermaid pirate who is as strong as Jinbei, one of the seven gods"

that's what the text says. not me. as strong as. in my book, it means equal, or almost equal. I'd even give Jinbei the benefit of doubt that Arlong is the first officer, and therefore, has the same ratio if strentgh with him as Zoro has with Luffy.

next, if we judge strengh by bounties (which is how the goverment measures the pirates) we can assume the if Luffy got a bounty of 30 Mil by beating arlong, so arlong's 'power' was around the 30 mil himself.

Luffy's current bounty is 300, and Zoro's is 100. the other Pirates said that luffy is special for having a subordinate with such high bounty. the ratio between the captain and the first officer is 3:1.

now, we can agree that Arlong's 'bounty/power' was around 30, and even if he's not 'as strong as' Jinbei but only an exceptional first officer (notice: at this point, I'm already bending the cannon text) Jinbei's bounty will be 3 times his own (30*3=90).
    play with the numbers any way you want (and remember that each time you're stratying further away from the manga source). the end result will be that Jinbei isn't something to get too worked up about.
    even if we double Arlong's supposed bounty and quaddruple (X4) the ration between him and Jinbei, the bounty will still be less than luffys ([30*2]=60*4=240<300)
    regardless of how much I rape the text (and how fun it is), it's just hyperbole to back my opinion that says that the SB aren't as influencial as they were before.

(before I continue, a few words: I know that Math doesn't proove anything, etc etc etc, that anything can happen in OP, blah blah blah, bounties aren't energy levels, yada yada yada)

the fact that they recruited Blackbeard and that Kuma came to save Moria is enough evidence for this, the Goverment is greatly weakend now.

last words concernning Jinbei: since nobody seems to think that he has a devil fruit ability, and some of you say that he is probably 'the strongest mermen of all merman' what chance does he have against Luffy? a super merman vs luffy's 3rd gear in terms of pysical power? Luffy so far fought against two SB with logia defence and against Enel (super speed\evasion abilities), and despite the dissadvange against Croc and Moria, he won. what chance does Jinbei have?

that's it, for now.

Dude. Can you be asking me any more of an ass kicking form across the pond? Seriously, are you trying really hard to piss me off about this topic? Because in all honesty you're doing a really bang up job my man.

Jesus fucking Christ you people are stubborn. I'm not going to comment on Jimbei because we haven't seen him yet so I could care less from now until I see him in action against the straw hats. Why are you people treating the straw hats so well? Stop kissing Oda's ass at writing the fucking series. They aren't that strong. Luffy is the only one who has any decent thing besides Zoro. And the only things Zoro can do is cut down giant stuff, and get six arms and swords to take someone down. Big deal. Plus he creates most of his moves while he's fighting. And no I don't consider that to be really cool or great. Oda just keeps adding shit to his portfolio of fighting moves randomly. It's actually getting really really annoying seeing new moves come from the straw hats.

There is little of a connection let alone a connection at all between bounties and power levels. The WG could think that someone that went to the New World with a very weak 2 man pirate crew (with no powers at all) , could be worth as much as a Yonkou just because they've been to the New World and managed to slip by the Red Line, because they had "connections"

Any by the way. To everyone not just Death Booz, who thinks that the straw hats are worth billions. You're all wrong. Very very wrong. To be worth 600 billion, thats more than everyone in the series combined with Roger still being alive. Twice! They're worth 600-700 million, not billion. Adding all of they bounties up gets roughly that amount.

even look at this
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Straw_Hat_Pirates

What does that last line say, huh? 700 million not billion. Stop adding zeros!! The only person worth even close to a billion, is probably Shanks. Or at least half his crew is worth that. Like him and the best commanders. Lucky Roux, Beckman Yassop all added up together.

last words concernning Jinbei: since nobody seems to think that he has a devil fruit ability, and some of you say that he is probably 'the strongest mermen of all merman' what chance does he have against Luffy? a super merman vs luffy's 3rd gear in terms of pysical power? Luffy so far fought against two SB with logia defence and against Enel (super speed\evasion abilities), and despite the dissadvange against Croc and Moria, he won. what chance does Jinbei have?

that's it, for now.
    Moria wasn't a logia type.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Nobody has commented on 502? It wasn't completely unexpected, but Luffy was pretty awesome.

Most of the previous page was about 502
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

http://www.basementanime.com/communi...read.php?t=997

503 out, and man shit's hitting the fan (in a good way).

Link doesn't work bro

Works fine for me, maybe since you're copying the link instead of clicking it?

Anyways, RS: http://rapidshare.com/files/122145953/BSOP_503.rar

MU: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TQ4FWRJ7

Yeah the link is fine.

So the usual straw hat induced madness takes place and Rayleigh is missing a few screws just like everyone else in the series. He wants money so he let himself get captured so he could steal money from the person who bought him and he's been waiting to meet Luffy. Next chapter should be nice because if the Marines have the place surrounded already that means Garp should show up soon.
    Last edited by Abdula; Fri, 06-13-2008 at 11:13 AM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Good chapter especially last page. I expect Ussop bounty to jump past everyone.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Rayligh is so strong that luffy's about to piss his pants.

is it reallt garp coming? i thougt it was dai-buddha...

ussop is going to get a maniac bounty now, sucks to be him.

lol, Ussop. Back in 501 when the marines found out about Rayleigh, Garp said he would handle him himself. That could only mean that he is going to go there himself and from the way he was talking about him I assume they're all old friends.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Rayligh is so strong that luffy's about to piss his pants.

is it reallt garp coming? i thougt it was dai-buddha...

ussop is going to get a maniac bounty now, sucks to be him.
    Technically Ussop isn't even wanted yet. The bounty poster was for Sogeking.
    Maybe they'll give him a separate one?

The frame where Ussop is getting shoved out of the flying fish is the most hilarious frame in this chapter.

Anyway....I was wondering what would happen with Raleigh. I figured his presence would definitely negate the danger of an admiral coming, and I was hoping that Hatchi win him over to their side. Between the kid pirates, the guy-with-the-bear pirates, luffy's crew, and Raleigh, they should be pretty well-secured inside the auction house.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Technically Ussop isn't even wanted yet. The bounty poster was for Sogeking.
    Maybe they'll give him a separate one?

The frame where Ussop is getting shoved out of the flying fish is the most hilarious frame in this chapter.

Anyway....I was wondering what would happen with Raleigh. I figured his presence would definitely negate the danger of an admiral coming, and I was hoping that Hatchi win him over to their side. Between the kid pirates, the guy-with-the-bear pirates, luffy's crew, and Raleigh, they should be pretty well-secured inside the auction house.

I think Ussop just became worth over 100 million. And luffy just became worth over a billion in bounty worth. The pirates should be fine. But like I said, if an admiral does show up, I just hope it isn't Aokiji. We've seen him enough. I want Kizeru to show up. The yellow monkey (gordon fisherman)
    Last edited by docdan63; Thu, 06-19-2008 at 12:16 AM.

Well the new chapter is out. Check mangashare if you want it.

Kizaru is coming; this is going to be fun. Also it looks like this whole "spirit" thing is called 'Haki' according to Hacchi, and Rayleigh confirmed that it is a sort of attack, so it looks like we're going to finally learn the secret, and it also looks like he'll be teaching Luffy since he wants to meet up with them later and is thankful to them for saving a 'close' friend (it's only natural that it would be broguth up somehow). Kind of sucks that he doesn't know that the Marines already are aware of him being there (atleast Garp is). Not only do we get story progression with the Strawhats and Rayleigh (and for now Kidd, and Law), but we're going to be getting some badass fighting with Whitebeard versus the Shiki and Kizaru coming

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Links at mangahelpers
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33421

Hey they Slave House DID belong to DoFlamingo after all.

Excellent chapter... next one will be full of action...

It looks like Silvers attack is at least very similar to what Shanks used when he boarded Whitebeards ship, a "spirit" attack. They are setting up a ton of big fights but I wonder if they are really going to show the Whitbeard fight since we don't know much of anything about the combatants.

P.S. Law is awesome

the marines found a way to battle two legends at once.
    The Strawahats are getting more and more aquinted with Giants, if they ever need an army, elbaf town is going to stand ready for them...

Kid has the same ability as Kumabear. if that's even possible.
    Law seems to be an En user (HXHstyle), maybe his 'room' has a midway gravity center, that can be used to make the old switcharoo. anyway, his room acts as the nen fishes that Kururo uses, the marine is still alive, though headless.

from what I understood, it's actually Sengoku that's coming, not Kizaru, but I might be wrong.
    Shishibukai (whoever's left) can be the only ones able to fight off Whitebeard, and whitebeard was already hellbent on getting Blackbeard.

at short, most awsome chapter.

Rechecking old chapters it seems Oda himself screwed up before...

The symbol at the slave house, which brought a lot of discussion here some weeks ago, was indeed changed this chapter, in order to resemble Doflamingos... this better be corrected in the anime (or at least the volume... they've done it before after all... like when they showed Crocodile with both hands during his side-story)

I don't see any major diffrences, except at the things surronding the symbol.

I've made a collection of the flag from a few chapters, and I don't see anything too suspicous.

Second one does not have double set of teeth. And its not smiling either. It got changed to look more like the other in the most recent chapter.