Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1416

Thread: One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    Okay. I don't think Logia type fruit are always active though because I seem to remember Luffy crashing into Smoker and Ace sometime during the Crocodile arc and he didn't just pass straight through them. I think it would make more sense if they had to turn it on to become intangible rather than it always being on.
    well... luffy surprised punched crocodile and he became sand notherless, and the ace/smoker thing was more of a joke not to be taken too seriously imo
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Banned
    You know what. This is really random, but I'm going to make a prediction. I think that Luffy is actually going to snap and hit a Royal member. I don't know who. But I think it's going to happen soon. He's been building up watching them walk around on captains backs like pets. He's bound to snap and hit one of them.

If he does. I actually think the admiral that will be on his way, will be Kizaru, the Yellow Monkey. Don't ask why I just think it'll be him. Oda already had Aokiji meet with them. And for some reason I don't think the red dog guy is very strong. I also think that Aokiji is the only one to have a decent fruit. And the only one to have a fruit at all out of the three.

502 pics

http://image03.pita.st/tmp/l/e/le6pzjku_1.jpg

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5299/75527123fi4.png

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2439/58096910fx2.png

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6199/16580666gl7.png

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6199/16580666gl7.png
    Last edited by docdan63; Fri, 06-06-2008 at 12:41 PM.

502 by Basement scans

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BEQGSWO0
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yzptwdjzd6t

Ok all I can say is....Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!! We all knew it was coming but it was still awesome. I can't wait for whats coming up.

Luffy raped that guys face. It's about time. I love how all the other strawhats just stand there badass while waiting for their captain to start another war with the WG.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joker-kun
    Luffy raped that guys face. It's about time. I love how all the other strawhats just stand there badass while waiting for their captain to start another war with the WG.

Yeah he did. Now I've heard that people think that the WG is too occupied with the war with WB. So an Admiral won't come because all of them are too busy leading the marines and defending them into the war with blackbeard and whitebeard. I actually think that a Admiral will come. But I don't think it'll be Aokiji again. I think it'll be kizeru.

So apparently they just found and picked up zoro? That kinda ruined the significance of him wandering off and confusing his destination in the first place, doesn't it?

Kind of a crazy situation....but there probably can't be any better time to hit a tenryuubito than now. Most of the military presence is preoccupied, and Silvers Raleigh happens to be in the same place. Not sure if there will be an admiral accompanying Garp to the archipelago, but if not, then Luffy may be able to pull some strings and escape.

There's really a lot of room for chaos given the current setup.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Banned
    Yeah. I actually would've liked to see Zoro get lost and go on his own adventure, possibly fighting someone that is a high level like him getting in a little fight.

About the situation. Yeah I can see Silvers being something of a big part coming up. How I don't know. Actually, didn't Garp say to that marine officer that he didn't want anyone else knowing about the fact the Silvers was there or to tell anyone that he was going to the archipelago? I don't think he'll be joined by any other marines though. I don't know though. I don't think he'll be able to let Luffy go again. It's been twice already. He can't just keep letting him go because he's his grandson. He's a high ranking officer with a duty. Oda can't just keep letting him go over and over again. The only way I can see that happen is when Luffys becomes the pirate king, and then gives himself in to the WG after he gets OP and the title.

One possibility that I would actually like to see happen is all the rookies band together and make a stand against the Admiral that shows up. Not an actual fight per se but more of a "Mexican standoff" that ends with the Marines deciding it isn't worth the trouble.

I actually think that Luffy's crew and that crazy Kid guy's crew will sort of team up; that's my more radical theory though.

The one I really think will happen isGarp will come, and so will Dragon; a father son standoff.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Banned
    OK holy crap guys. Thats already 4 theories. I'd like to see Dragon come to his sons aide too. I actually think 3 generations of D would be just plain bad ass for Oda to bust out. I can see the teaming up happening. But that's not going to be enough to scare a marine admiral away. Not nearly enough. I mean Luffy had a tough time fighting Aokiji for Robin.

side note:
    I've been browsing around. Am I the only one who thinks that the yellow money Admiral will look like a curious George, or Gordans fisherman man?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/on...usilhouete.jpg

Call me out and it's just a stupid theory. But I think he will look like one

We already know that its bad news for all the rookies if an admiral shows up...so I'm sure they'll team up if it comes to that.

I can see Hatchi as a candidate for joining the group after this arc...except that would mean we'd have 3 swordsmen.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

But what would be his post? Swimming?

The only way I can see that being handy is if he's the one to always take care of rescuing any of the DF users in the sea.

I can see that being useful. How many times have water posed a serious threat to the crew?
    I can think of two off the bat -- The Arlong arc and Crocodile's trap.

Anyway there's still two more spots open for the crew and I don't know what other skills they could use...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I can see that being useful. How many times have water posed a serious threat to the crew?
    I can think of two off the bat -- The Arlong arc and Crocodile's trap.

Anyway there's still two more spots open for the crew and I don't know what other skills they could use...

I agree w/you, but I don't think that water is that big of a threat. Only three of them are DF users. And yes I don't consider Brooke a member. I think he's just a guest till the New World comes.

Quote Originally Posted by docdan63
    And yes I don't consider Brooke a member. I think he's just a guest till the New World comes.
    Lol? What makes Brooke so different that you don't consider him a member?

Is it cause he has no skin? Is that it?
    You're so racist, man.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Lol? What makes Brooke so different that you don't consider him a member?

Is it cause he has no skin? Is that it?
    You're so racist, man.

You know what......fuck it. Yeah lets go with that. Mutha fucka has no skin yeah thats it. I like that as my final answer. For real though. I just don't think he's going to become a crew member. And has it become that easy for people to believe Oda can just throw someone on there and just make him a part of the straw hats? Cmon people, make it a little harder.

Oda has a pattern of adding people who haven't fulfilled their purpose in life to the crew, so they can journey with Luffy to accomplish it alongside him. Because of this, I don't think Hatchi will join the crew, and I also think that Brook is a permanent member.

Hatchi already has his takoyaki stand, which he has said he always dreamed about operating. He's already made - joining the Strawhats won't bring him closer to any goal he is pursuing.

Brook wants to see Laboon. While his case here is a bit shakier than other members since the Strawhats aren't going back to Reverse Mountain anytime soon, staying with the Strawhats will eventually get him back to where he wants to be. He is also the long sought-after musician that Luffy has been mentioning since the earliest arcs, so I doubt he's going anywhere.

About the chapter... One Piece has been getting good, so I couldn't resist reading the spoilers half a week ago =(. It kinda dampens any enthusiasm for posting several days later when the chapter comes out. It looks like things are really getting started now though, so I'm looking forward to it.

On that note... docdan, you had a suspicious "random prediction" the day after the spoilers came out about Luffy hitting a Tenryuubito, then mentioned in a later post that you'd heard about theories that were in the said spoiler thread. If you read the spoilers and couldn't resist looking like a prophet, I hope you don't continue to do this in the future (I wasn't spoiled, by the way, since I had read the thread). Otherwise, if you were just coincidentally on target, then I apologize for giving you a hard time.

Brooke is the musician of course he is staying.

I can see where all this is coming from, Brook is an odd bird amongst them, but it'll change in an arc or two. the same way the during Skypiea arc Robin was distant from the team. Brook needs a bit more time to in the group.

I wonder if Luffy still has any 'fear' left from the WG, after the judgement island incident. before it, I had the feeling that Luffy is 'intimidated' by Aoikoji and the other admirals, the way the Robin is afraid of the buster call. but now?
    I don't think Luffy even cares for them, he knows where he stands and how he fares.
    he has a big ass crazy new top notch ship, his crew racks 600 billion in bounties, he himself is the ranked the 2nd most dangerous pirate on the island. how much does Luffy care for what the goverment throws at him?

edit: continuing what I wrote last week, about the strentgh of Jinbei.

Chaoter 69 page 08

"Arlong is the mermaid pirate who is as strong as Jinbei, one of the seven gods"

that's what the text says. not me. as strong as. in my book, it means equal, or almost equal. I'd even give Jinbei the benefit of doubt that Arlong is the first officer, and therefore, has the same ratio if strentgh with him as Zoro has with Luffy.

next, if we judge strengh by bounties (which is how the goverment measures the pirates) we can assume the if Luffy got a bounty of 30 Mil by beating arlong, so arlong's 'power' was around the 30 mil himself.

Luffy's current bounty is 300, and Zoro's is 100. the other Pirates said that luffy is special for having a subordinate with such high bounty. the ratio between the captain and the first officer is 3:1.

now, we can agree that Arlong's 'bounty/power' was around 30, and even if he's not 'as strong as' Jinbei but only an exceptional first officer (notice: at this point, I'm already bending the cannon text) Jinbei's bounty will be 3 times his own (30*3=90).
    play with the numbers any way you want (and remember that each time you're stratying further away from the manga source). the end result will be that Jinbei isn't something to get too worked up about.
    even if we double Arlong's supposed bounty and quaddruple (X4) the ration between him and Jinbei, the bounty will still be less than luffys ([30*2]=60*4=240<300)
    regardless of how much I rape the text (and how fun it is), it's just hyperbole to back my opinion that says that the SB aren't as influencial as they were before.

(before I continue, a few words: I know that Math doesn't proove anything, etc etc etc, that anything can happen in OP, blah blah blah, bounties aren't energy levels, yada yada yada)

the fact that they recruited Blackbeard and that Kuma came to save Moria is enough evidence for this, the Goverment is greatly weakend now.

last words concernning Jinbei: since nobody seems to think that he has a devil fruit ability, and some of you say that he is probably 'the strongest mermen of all merman' what chance does he have against Luffy? a super merman vs luffy's 3rd gear in terms of pysical power? Luffy so far fought against two SB with logia defence and against Enel (super speed\evasion abilities), and despite the dissadvange against Croc and Moria, he won. what chance does Jinbei have?

that's it, for now.
    Last edited by Death BOO Z; Tue, 06-10-2008 at 10:13 AM.

I wonder if Kid actually did kill civilians....