Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

One Piece Manga Discussion

Originally posted by: kAi
    and damn wtf, Luffy?
    What about Luffy?

I really like this chapter. Blueno had it coming. Looks like a lot of action from this point on.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Luffy totally annihilated that guy! Took him down with ease, I remember saying I hope this doesn't turn out to be a verse match between Luffy and co V CP9, coz CP9 should absolutely destroy them, and the excuse, we've gotten stronger on every island is stupid, it's hasn't even been a week in the time they've travelled, no other fights between people, and he took this guy down like that.

The only one Luffy couldn't face straight up was Lucchi... so until then, I won't mind if Luffy takes a couple down with ease on a one on one fight

Originally posted by: kAi
    Luffy totally annihilated that guy! Took him down with ease, I remember saying I hope this doesn't turn out to be a verse match between Luffy and co V CP9, coz CP9 should absolutely destroy them, and the excuse, we've gotten stronger on every island is stupid, it's hasn't even been a week in the time they've travelled, no other fights between people, and he took this guy down like that.
    Uhh KAi. That's the whole point of One Piece. It's not training, training, training to become stronger and beat the bad guy like Dragon Ball. Its about determination, the will to never give up, and the power of friendship that gives them inner strength. It sounds corny but that's how it is! How many times have you seen (excluding Zoro) the strawhats train to become stronger? Never!! And they face stronger foes each and every time and they still manage to kick their asses. Luffy was beaten two times by Crocodile, but he wanted to help his new nakama Vivi so much that it gave him the power to suceed. Same thing happened with Usopp and Kuro, Sanji and Krieg, Nami and Arlong, Chopper and Wapol, Cricket and Enel, his whole crew and Foxy . And now is Robin and CP9. Have you actually being watching One Piece?

After what happened to Robin, the strawhats aren't just going to get Robin and escape. Thats not how they do things when it comes to nakama. Besides, Luffy also wants to take down Lucci for his betrayal to Paulie. And he hasn't knocked out Blueno yet. The chapter ended with Luffy starting to thrash him. Back at the train Sanji wasn't able to hurt Blueno but he did feel the huge force in his kick. Another one and it would have definetely hurt him but Kaku stepped in. If Sanji was able to do that imagine LUFFY!!

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------

Well, I find this to be annoying as hell, Luffy can be DEMOLISHED in an INSTANT, but he can travel to the next island and be able to take down a guy that he didn't hurt by kicking him, and did the 1000 punch thing and didn't even lay a hand on him. Luffy's kick had nothing on him last time, although, yes, you get stronger with every fight, and I know this fight isn't over yet, but he took him down instantly, before these punches couldn't even touch him. This pissed me off, although he could just be doing the old get taken down, then start to kick Luffy's ass around, then lose all of a sudden. Then he'll go straight on into the next fight and still beat the other guys, I just don't like it.

Training is in lots of anime/manga, there are times where fighting isn't enough, will power, and such things are not good enough, check out Bleach, Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, similar style Shounen shows. Same type of style shows as One Piece.

Where was his determination, the will to never give up, and the inner strength from the power of friends when he first fought them? now it can be said, but they need to lose sometime, but still he hasn't improved that much, he just received a beating and he can suddenly win now? Yes, the reason now is stronger than before, now that he knows the truth of why she is going but, it still just urks me. Also, by the time he gets to Lucchi if he can beat him down, with no help or with out any smarts in the fighting, and too easily, I wont like the scenario. Lucchi is alot stronger and can be used again. Although this is good for his character in building up his fighting, strength and everything else, I think they overpowered the CP9 guys a bit to much, or they made Luffy's strength improve to high.

All I hope now is that this fight actually has some good fighting and isn't one sided.

The CP9's power level are:
    1. Rob lucchi - 4000
    2. Kaku - 2200
    3. Jabura - 2180
    4. Blueno - 820
    5. Kumadori - 810
    6. Fukuro - 800
    7. Carifa - 630

See, Blueno is the 4th strongest. Yeah sure, Luffy couldn't beat him at first but now there's a lot in stake in this battle, and he knows that and it motivates him and makes him even stronger. It's again, kind of corny but thats the main theme in One Piece. Another thing was that the first time, he hit Blueno with his Pistol attack, this time around he got him with his Rifle attack which is very powerful so he broke his armor and took that opportunity to pummel him. Also Luffy is the strongest among the strawhats so now compared to Luffy he's really nothing. This is more of like a pre-battle that doesn't mean anything. And if Luffy has a hard time with Blueno then he would obviously be no match for Lucchi which is his main opponent so being able to thrash Blueno like that makes alot of sense. Though I doubt he will go against the other ones single-handedly. Kaku will most likely be Zoro's opponent and Jabura will be Sanji's opponent and so on. Now there is no doubt in my mind that those later fights won't be one sided. They never are actually. Especially Luffy and Lucchis fight!!

I wonder who the matchup's are going to be.

Luffy being the captain would definitely take on Rob Lucchi. Thats like a no brainer.
    Zoro would take on Jabura (Jabura's a swordsman as well, or was that Kumadori (?)).
    Kaku (?) - Franky? or Sanji?
    Fukuro the big mouth, I think he's the brainiac of the team. Would definitely be a matchup against Chopper.
    And Nami would be vs Carifa.

Blueno would get his noseshit kicked out of him soon, so he probably wouldn't be part in the battle. I wonder who else. Maybe Sogeking would take on one, and I wonder who would Robin as well.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

I want to know if Franky joins the crew. I've really enjoyed his personality in the manga so far. Hope he stays.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
    I want to know if Franky joins the crew. I've really enjoyed his personality in the manga so far. Hope he stays.

Originally posted by: Stoopider

I think that says alot. I don't think Robin is going to fight. That's why she was drawn matched up with the soon to be dead Blueno.

i don't think that pic will be correct on the match ups because if luffy is supposed to fight the guy with the pigeon on his arm and if you look at the pic luffy would be fighting against kaku and sanji against the guy with the pigeon which makes no sense because sanji will get his ass whooped luffy should be fighting him, although it would make for an interesting twist, would definately get sanji his wanted poster if he ends up fighting and beating the guy with the pigeon, sorry forgot his name lol

*sigh* No. So what if they are drawn an inch far from each other. From right to left it's:

Franky Vs. that weird sumo type guy

Nami Vs. Califa

Sanji Vs. Guy between Califa and Lucchi(forgot the name)

Luffy Vs. Lucchi

Zoro Vs. Kaku

Usopp Vs. Zipper guy

And Robin and Blueno who are not going to fight. Blueno surely won't. Maybe Robin will Clutch Spandam for revenge.

I don't have a clue with who's going to fight Chopper.

is the Guy between Califa and Lucchi(forgot the name) going to fight? he has a power of 9

chopper looks cute trying to badass like that in that pic hehehe..... and maybe he'll pair up w/ ussop or something and have a 2-1 fight.

Originally posted by: Deblas
    Originally posted by: Phoenix20578

Originally posted by: Stoopider

I think that says alot. I don't think Robin is going to fight. That's why she was drawn matched up with the soon to be dead Blueno.
    That answered my question [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. They had better not pull a Vivi......

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

some new group is doing OP manga...

http://rapidshare.de/files/649...One_Piece_384.rar.html

Edit:

Group sucks ass....

But the chapter was awesome... There are a couple of surprises...

Null released there version, go and get it!

Now we got the giants on the strawhats side, thanks to Ussop, err i mean Sogeking.

Luffy and Blueno are still stairing down.

Well done Sogeking. Ussop is pretty cool in his own right.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Ussop is awsome. They need to make him insanly powerful, like the new clima tact. It'll be funny though
    if he permenitly goes under the name of Sogeking. That part with the giants was funny though.

Aww. I wanted them to show Luffy's and Blueno's on going fight. Next chapter I guess. Nice, Usopp is getting braver by the minute.

I don't think Ussop would ever be insanely powerful.

But he might get seastone bullets! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thats the only way I can see him defeat mad powerful enemies.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii