Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1416

Thread: One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Quote Originally Posted by Splash!
    ^^ He means Jaguar D. Saul, the giant from the Ohara Flashbacks.
    Wasn't he killed by Aokiji??

He was frozen solid by Aokiji, so i am guessing yeah. As for Tom, i think it was implied that he was evenutally going to be executed although i dont remember it too well anymore.

You can't assume anyone is killed in the series without explicitly stating it.

Even Pell, that hawk guardian guy from Arabasta survived even though it was pretty heavily implied that he was dead several times over.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

It was implied that that Kuma's Pain bomb would take Zoro's life too.

I don't think we will see Impel Down yet. It is too huge to show yet. We can pretty much assume Whitebeard will be involved in it. Probably Shanks too. Maybe Whitebeard will go, but I doubt the strawhats.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/19/

I think that pretty much confirms that something huge is going to be happening surrounding Ace. There's alot of things it could be though. Shanks and WB alliance. Dragon and Luffy alliance. Guess we have to wait to see

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    You can't assume anyone is killed in the series without explicitly stating it.

Even Pell, that hawk guardian guy from Arabasta survived even though it was pretty heavily implied that he was dead several times over.
    I think for the most part, characters from the past that are alluded to as being dead/killed it is safe to think they're dead for the most part, I think the inconsistency starts once we start following Luffy, and since then people are very hard to kill. And that's the usual for most shounen series... they paint this tragic past, but the present doesn't even compare as far as violence/death goes.

And as joker-kun said, I wonder what Ace being captured triggered... I for some reason don't think it has anything to do with Luffy, as I doubt they'd be getting information about it... they always seem clueless as to what's going on in the world.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 02-15-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Doesn't Nami already know about Ace?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Hmm, might not remember... but you may be right; did she learn it from Kuma?

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    And as joker-kun said, I wonder what Ace being captured triggered... I for some reason don't think it has anything to do with Luffy
    It definitely doesn't now, but I'm fairly sure it will. Blackbeard doesn't want to become a Shichibukai for nothing. He wants to become Pirate King. The way Oda set the situation up -- Shanks barely being a match to Blackbeard before he lost his arm, and before Blackbeard got his fruit; Whitebeard being sick; Ace (who is supposedly stronger than Luffy) losing -- all indicates that Blackbeard is a contender for the PK.

In short, none of the current super strong guys are a match for Blackbeard, which probably means Luffy will have to fight him to be PK.

On the other hand, Dragon is supposed to be a huge bad ass, and we know very little about him. And he's probably Ace's dad too.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Fri, 02-15-2008 at 08:57 PM.

just to be certien... Atomsk from FLCL or atomsk -astroboy?

flcl atomsk could wipe the floor with luffy, as he would do to anyone (thinking about it, Atomsk might be the only worthy opponent for goku and superman).

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville
    The way Oda set the situation up -- Shanks barely being a match to Blackbeard before he lost his arm, and before Blackbeard got his fruit;

Black Beard was stronger than Shanks? I don't remember that.....

I thought Shanks is on par with Whitebeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Black Beard was stronger than Shanks? I don't remember that.....
    Blackbeard gave Shanks his scars, and didn't get hurt at all. This is why Shanks went to see Whitebeard -- to warn him that Blackbeard was very dangerous and to not send Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Hmm, might not remember... but you may be right; did she learn it from Kuma?
    Kuma definitely said something about Ace to Nami....I don't know if he went into much detail though.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blackbeard gave Shanks his scars, and didn't get hurt at all. This is why Shanks went to see Whitebeard -- to warn him that Blackbeard was very dangerous and to not send Ace.
    Do you know what chapter this was from? I really don't remember Shanks having been defeated by Blackbeard...

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Do you know what chapter this was from? I really don't remember Shanks having been defeated by Blackbeard...
    Chapter 434.

It's a very good chapter.

Blackbeard just gave Shanks a scar. There is no reason to conclude that he was defeated by him.

In short, none of the current super strong guys are a match for Blackbeard, which probably means Luffy will have to fight him to be PK.
    How do you come to that conclusion? Blackbeard has been runnning around, trying to prove himself as a person worthy enough of becoming a Shichibukai. I really doubt he is the strongest one, as of now. But I do agree that he is a strong contender of being the Pirate King in the future as he has the "Luffy attitude" and is also a D, which means quite alot in this manga.

Blackbeard is slowly making his way upto the top but he is not there yet.

I don't really get what the motivation is for becoming a shikibukai though. It seems like a pretty distinct dead-end as far as a pirate's ambition goes.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    I don't really get what the motivation is for becoming a shikibukai though. It seems like a pretty distinct dead-end as far as a pirate's ambition goes.
    you can do anything you want and the WG is not on your ass, seems like a pretty sweet deal to me

becoming a Shikibukai is not the end of a pirate ambition, Moria wanted to become Pirate King, so does BB, Doflamingo has a plan for a new age...

as for Kuma talking abaut Ace, the only thing he asked was "Is Ace Luffy's brother" as far as i can remember

One Piece 489 by Franky House

Biblicard from some 200 chapters back is back (piece of paper that Ace gave to Luffy).

And Brooke is only one joining. Oh well.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender