Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1416

Thread: One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Surely there is something more... but remember that he also mentions that he's an incomplete weapon, so him being able to become a pirate after he was built by the World Government could be explained by him being incomplete. About knowing Dragon... doesn't pretty much everyone at the level of Kuma know him?

That aside, I wonder how tall he is... he seems to be as tall as the giants.

In my opinion the chapter was pretty lame... Kuma left without doing anything, and something that should have without a doubt killed Zoro didn't. It seems like Kuma almost knew he wouldn't die from it yet still agreed to the ridiculous deal AND to not outright kill Zoro but transfer Luffy's pain unto him. Just waaaaay to many things that enabled Zoro and the crew to get away safely (well maybe not safely, but away), and it's not like it isn't the first time we've seen Zoro brutally hurt.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville
    The part that doesn't make sense is that Kuma was built by the World Government, was a pirate, knows Dragon, and is now a Shichibukai. Obviously, there's more going on here.
    Kuma is a cyborg, which means that he was originally a human.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

A great chapter, Zoro i so damn Bad ass i love him even more now

As for Kuma leaving, I am sure he thought Zoro would die 99% since only a tennis sized ball of Luffy's pain brought him to his knees screaming and didn't stick around to see it happen (+ he also saw Moria / Oz beaut up Zoro pretty bad, and he gave him a few good hits himself)

This chapter raises a few interesting questions tho, i just hope we get answers to some old ones in the next few, like is Ace dead or not

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    Kuma is a cyborg, which means that he was originally a human.
    Sure, but if he was a pirate before getting built, it's hard to see why the Marines would make him stronger. Granted, he's a Shichibukai, but the Shichibukai are one of the three world powers -- the others being the Marines/World Government and the Yonkyou. In short, they're rival powers, even if they have a truce.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    About knowing Dragon... doesn't pretty much everyone at the level of Kuma know him?
    He knew Dragon was Luffy's father. Either Garp's been spilling the beans (plausible), or Dragon knew Kuma well enough to tell him about Luffy. Or I guess the Marines could have otherwise collected intelligence, but telling Kuma that would be kind of pointless.

am I the only one who suspects that Kuma was altered by using black technology?
    the polygraphes described how to build powerful weapons, isn't it possible that he is one of them?

also, I notice a resemblnce between Zoro (p12) and Piccolo. just a graphical similarity.

ANBU Captain
    i dont know if anyone has addressed this yet but kuma is probably the most dangerous df user to date now. if you can repel fatigue and injury from your body that is going to make him a crazy enemy to beat. Granted he probably wont do it again for the sake of the story but still that was a little too much to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville
    Sure, but if he was a pirate before getting built, it's hard to see why the Marines would make him stronger. Granted, he's a Shichibukai, but the Shichibukai are one of the three world powers -- the others being the Marines/World Government and the Yonkyou. In short, they're rival powers, even if they have a truce.
    Seems more likely than them building him first, then him becoming a pirate, then him becoming a shichibukai.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714
    i dont know if anyone has addressed this yet but kuma is probably the most dangerous df user to date now. if you can repel fatigue and injury from your body that is going to make him a crazy enemy to beat. Granted he probably wont do it again for the sake of the story but still that was a little too much to swallow.
    We have to be careful of the translation... it may very well have "extracted" the fatigue, etc. but it doesn't necessarily mean that it removed the fatigue from Luffy.

We have to be careful of the translation... it may very well have "extracted" the fatigue, etc. but it doesn't necessarily mean that it removed the fatigue from Luffy.
    considering he was jumping around on page 18 telling everybody how he feels great and relaxed, it seems pretty sure it removes it

and yeah Kuma and someone in a tag team (like Blackbeard who has a extreme tolerance for pain) seem like SHs worst nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Belial
    considering he was jumping around on page 18 telling everybody how he feels great and relaxed, it seems pretty sure it removes it

and yeah Kuma and someone in a tag team (like Blackbeard who has a extreme tolerance for pain) seem like SHs worst nightmare
    Everyone who was beat up and were unconscious woke up, so quite some time surely passed. And since when has Luffy needed a lot of time to recover?

Belial is right, Luffy recovery is really jumping the gun here. it seemed kind of obvious that Kuma transfered the pain into Zoro.

when leffy has a magical recovery scene, it usually involves meat and the crew would 'understand', this time it's diffrent.

can someone remind me who are the yoniko? and what are their names?

Well, reading it again it seemed to have relieved some of the pain... but at the same time, some time has passed. Everyone was knocked out because of the previous bomb, which should've been quite powerful.

The Yonkou = Four Emperors... the 4 Greatest Pirates that include White Beard and Shanks. We recently heard of Kaidou who if not mistaken fought with Moria (maybe the guy who destroyed his whole crew).

Everyone who was beat up and were unconscious woke up, so quite some time surely passed. And since when has Luffy needed a lot of time to recover?
    After he beat Crocodile he was sleeping for a few weeks if i remember correctly, sure there are more examples but don't remember right now

the "bomb" did not do that much damage as i see it, since Lola pirates are up, Sanji was up too quickly (and then KOd by Zoro again ^^), and the "bomb" is not the reason why Luffy should not be waking up he took quite a beating / exhaustion form gears / 1k shadow Moria, no way in hell he should be up on his own and jumping araund

I am sure Zoro will be out for some time, and that Luffy would have been if his pain was not gone

Everyone refuses to believe Luffy has recovered, despite all recoveries they've witnessed from him in the past. This is definitely not just Luffy's own healing.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

http://www.franky-house.com/forums/s...4433#post34433

One Piece by Franky house ^^

We get to know Ace fate!!!

I wander how long Zoro will be sleeping? Luffy takes about 4 days to recover and he recovers quickly.

Edit : fixed from Shanks to Ace 0__0"
    Last edited by Death13a; Sat, 01-26-2008 at 01:20 AM.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Death13a
    http://www.franky-house.com/forums/s...4433#post34433

One Piece by Franky house ^^

We get to know Shanks fate!!!

I wander how long Zoro will be sleeping? Luffy takes about 4 days to recover and he recovers quickly.
    Shanks, you mean Ace right? Or did I miss something?

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death13a
    We get to know Shanks fate!!!
    You mean Ace?

I like him, but I hoped he was dead. Now I hope Whitebeard steps up to fight Blackbeard.

Also, Crocodile is being held at Impel Down. And that's where Robin was going to end up during the Enies Lobby arc.

Wow...that was some good info in that chapter. Also Laboon was wayy to cute!

whats crocodile doing in prison? didn't the shishibukai have immunity from prosecution?
    I wonder what will happen with the underwater island.. will the crew ever get there?

also, what sort of prison is impel down? it should be freaky place, built from complete seawater stones to hold so many awsome guys captive.