Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1416

Thread: One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Ch 481 out by Franky-House!

I bet Luffy is going to unleash a Gear Fourth

Quote Originally Posted by LaZie
    Ch 481 out by Franky-House!

I bet Luffy is going to unleash a Gear Fourth
    I'm kind of thinking the same thing. One Piece likes to show how Luffy is going to protect his crew and how he gets stronger to do that. With Moria's whole speech on how his Nakama died and how Luffy's is going to it's only natural he has a new ability just like he did with Lucci. Who knows though. Maybe we'll just see him tweak in Gear 2, or maybe finally see a mixture of Gear 2/3. Please just hurry and finish this though... It's getting boring. This whole Arc has been waaay too far fetched even for One Piece standards.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Well he's already doing the gear 2nd stance, right?

Would defeating Moria at this point imply that he's stronger than robin, sanjay, zoro, and even himself combined? After all, Moria now possesses all those fighting skills.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    Well he's already doing the gear 2nd stance, right?

Would defeating Moria at this point imply that he's stronger than robin, sanjay, zoro, and even himself combined? After all, Moria now possesses all those fighting skills.
    Good point. I havn't liked this Arc at all. I hope they figure out a proper way to beat Moria, or there's a good reason that he's defeated i.e. he can't handle the shadows, etc. Either way; the fact that the crew got up to fight Oz three times was stupid. Not to mention Franky rebuilding the freezer in thirty seconds. It's like watching cartoons when I was 10 on saturday morning.

I did like it...but you guys are right, it is becoming a bit much. I really don't care how Luffy beats Moria now, I just want them away from Thriller bark.

well, i made a quick read-through of the past 20 chapters.
    the arc is like the later part of skypiea arc, but without all the plot that made the 'charecters running around and beating the hell out of eachother' crap believeable.

I still don't get something about Moria. if he (as a person with a shadow) eats a diffrent shadow, does he get a pereament power boost? if so, shouldn't he have used the shadows to increase his own streangh rather than creating monsters?

482 by franky house

Don't forget, the more shadows you absorb, the less control you have over your own body. After too many, you flat-out lose consciousness. Aside from that, however, Moria is the kind of guy who prefers having other people do his dirty work for him. Why add the shadows to his own power when he doesn't even need to lift a finger?

That aside, this chapter pretty much demonstrated that:
    gear second luffy > 1000x nightmare moria > 100x nightmare luffy > oz + moria

so gear second luffy > 100x nightmare luffy? how does that work?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Isn't it more like Moria pretty much self destructed by absorbing too much? Luffy really didn't do much but pound him in the stomach repeatedly while he just stood there and took it.

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    482 by franky house

Don't forget, the more shadows you absorb, the less control you have over your own body. After too many, you flat-out lose consciousness. Aside from that, however, Moria is the kind of guy who prefers having other people do his dirty work for him. Why add the shadows to his own power when he doesn't even need to lift a finger?

That aside, this chapter pretty much demonstrated that:
    gear second luffy > 1000x nightmare moria > 100x nightmare luffy > oz + moria

so gear second luffy > 100x nightmare luffy? how does that work?

Cause shadows can never be as good as THE GUTS IT TAKE TO KEEP GOING! ::cues naruto theme::

Anyhow, yeah, I kinda agree that he more just punched Moria and withstood an explosion that occured because of Moria's body breaking down ...

Meh ...

edit: after re reading it again, i'm not too sure what to make of it. But as it appears, a broken down, tired, worn out gear 2 luffy is stronger than Moria with 1000 shadows and oz.
    Last edited by Kensee; Sat, 12-15-2007 at 08:03 AM.

You'll see my posts earlier in this thread about this arc being ridiculously far-fetched, but they pretty much said the reason why Luffy was able to defeat Moria. He was losing control and consciousness. That's why even Zoro said(paraphrase) "The battle is already over" before Luffy started fighting. I've seen this sort of thing in a few other animes, but can't think of them at the moment. The one I can think of is probably a bad comparison, but i'll still use it.

In our !favorite! show Dragon Ball Z; Kid Buu was actually weaker than the other Buu before him, but because he was pure evil he was stronger (if I remember correctly? It was something close to that anyway). So switch evil with control and you've got the same idea here. If Moria was able to take complete rational control over himself he was probably unstoppable.

or to put this in realistic term, it's like having a 1080p HD TV but you are playing the super nintendo on it. The tools are all there but you don't have the stuff to bring out it's full potential.

Luffy with 100x soul had alot less power than Moria did but the main difference was that luffy had full control of it.

Quote Originally Posted by joker-kun
    In our !favorite! show Dragon Ball Z; Kid Buu was actually weaker than the other Buu before him, but because he was pure evil he was stronger (if I remember correctly? It was something close to that anyway). So switch evil with control and you've got the same idea here. If Moria was able to take complete rational control over himself he was probably unstoppable.
    you shouldn't have mentioned our !favorite! show, that's pracitcally setting off a land mine.

it's hard to compare the power of the diffrent 'Buu's, due to the absurdity of the show.
    the power charts in the fandom indicate huge diffrences in favor of kid buu, but i haven't found any proof to the relability of those numbers, so i'm dropping them for instincs and what my mind tells me is right.

Super buu (gohan + Piccolo) was probably the strongest, but there's no way to compare that, since he only fought Vegito, and Vegito could obliterate anything in the DBZVERSE.
    super buu (piccolo + gotenks) fought both gohan, and kicked his ass, and fought Vegita and goku and beat them without any problems.
    Kidd buu had to fight against Vegita and Goku, Vegita lasted about 5 mintues before going completly incomptent, and Goku was defeated, but stood a decent fight, and after reviving by the 3rd wish ("new boots, size nine!") he was able to overpower buu and make the spirit bomb hit.

my guts say that super buu was indeed the most powerful enemy, his enourmous power and cunning nemak wisdom made him a brutal foe that knows his way around. Kid buu was just a powerful munchkin, he'd never stand a chance against Gotenks (SSJ3) or Gohan, but we'll never know for sure.

oh, one piece.
    if Moria (a person with his own shadow) takes another shadow, does the shadow merge into his soul (Orochimaru style) or is 'temparory' and the shadow escapes when the person is defeated? does Moria shadow upgrade with each shadow Moria takes or is it staying the same, refleacting the fact that moria isn't getting stronger 'himself'?

Okay, I know we're getting a little off-topic, but about DBZ:

The Supreme Kai (the fused Supreme Kai with his Servant) said that as Kid Buu absorbed more and more, he became less and less pure. The way I it was that his power-level would sink lower and lower to those he absorbed. Thus:

Kid Buu > Kid buu descending down to Gohan's level (after Buu absorbed him). This is probably why Fat Buu was so weak because kid Buu in the past absorbed this really fat God that probably had relatively low power level (compared to SSJ3 Goku and Mystic Gohan).

Enough with DBZ. This One Piece thread.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Sorry for DP just bumping up.

OP 483 FH

The other shichibukai gets order to eliminate all witnesses.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Oh hell yeah. Not much happened, but it was cool to see Kuma call Zoro out.

Good chapter. Nice to see that the WG is fearing the strawhats. Also nice to find out that Kaidou is a yonkou and Moria (at one time) was almost his equal.

I gotta say though; if the strawhats beat Kuma... Oda is pushing this series waaay too far. This last arc was already a little farfetched. It would be nice to see Zoro go all out though. Afterall he's suppose to be almost as strong or close to Luffy, but I still don't think he has a chance. I also see stupid hogback and leopard dude trying to do something as well. If Luffy is able to fight again that's just stupid. Even if he hears about Ace and goes nuts. He should not be able to move (I also found it interesting that the crew is noticing the toll Gear 2/3 are taking).

In the end I think, and hope that they will be rescued. Probably by Dragon. He has already rescued them once against Smoker, so obviously he's keeping track of them at least a little bit. Plus this is an absolute perfect time to take care of the WG. Take down two Shiki along with Luffy finding out about Ace would basically create a war between them (and the WG working harder to get revenge on Dragon). Plus it's an opportunity for the Yonkou to move. Besides Dragon did say that they'll meet soon. I hope it happens.

mmm.... I don't really think Dragon will be the one to save them. I do agree Hogback will probably intervene, in fact I hope something comes up so Zoro and Kuma won't have to fight.

Wasn't Absalom a Zombie as well? how come he's still alive...
    also, the girl who breakes plates, isn't she the same girl from Ussop's hometown? I'm pretty sure we've seen her before...

Zoro fighting Kuma isn't so far fetched, it's pretty clear that without the shadow timelimit, the strawhat team fighter wouldn't have any problems going through the island (maybe except for OZ), and luffy didn't seem to have any problems taking out Moria in a clean fight.
    it seems that the SH team is already at the level of the Shishibukai, and the WG won't allow any SB to fight luffy on his own.
    WG already considers luffy and his team stronger than any single Shishibukai. which means that the next arcs will have other members of the good guys fighting and winning against them. and who's better to start with than Zoro?

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    Wasn't Absalom a Zombie as well?
    No, he's told the Hippp lady before that he wasn't one of the zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    also, the girl who breakes plates, isn't she the same girl from Ussop's hometown? I'm pretty sure we've seen her before...
    Yea I was confused as to whether that was intentional or just Oda's humor.