Page 47 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Genin
    Brooke was the one talking.
    Ryuuma (the samurai) lost.
    Zoro defeated Ryuuma.
    Chapter 467 is where Zoro fights the samurai zombie. Hopefully that should explain everything.

Genin
    One Piece 470

Rapidshare

I hope this arc ends soon, it's the most boring arc we've had in a long time, probably since the Davy Back Fights.

Genin
    every arc serves a purpose...at least in the manga.

Pupose or not, it's still a boring one.

I don't know if its that bad...

The enemies are simply idiotic, the atmosphere is too loose to be fighting a shichibukai. I don't know, I just find it too dumb. The only worthwhile fight has been the Zorro vs the Samurai, all others have simply sucked ass. Sanji kicking ass was pretty good too. But overall, all the sillyness in the arc is overwhelming, they need to tone it down especially when going against one of the top guys, a shichibukai. It's understandable since the Water 7 arc was a very serious arc, but a couple of silly episodes should've been enough to release tension.
    And we have that Oz zombie running around the whole place and no one can really take him seriously as an enemy. It's too dumb. It's fine to have sillyness a couple of chapters here, and a couple of chapters there, but when it's the entire arc, and no real tense atmosphere in it, the arc gets too boring and quickly. I guess you guys can't see it yet, on how awesome the next couple of arcs should be. Once you realize that you''ll be wishing this crap of an arc would be over.

I agree that this arc hasn't been mindblowing story-wise, but I do find the art and stuff interesting though.

But I guess they solved the mystery of ships returning empty while travelling through that part of the ocean.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    I think the arc was great earlier on, but the last two issues have been kind of boring. The fights are the only boring part of the manga, and nothing has really happened but rather uninspired fighting.

Still, it looks like almost the entire crew got fucked up by Oz. Luffy's probably going to have to deal with him and a Shichibukai too. Not that Luffy's worried about fighting Moria.

Genin
    well it could be like naruto and bleach...

You mean revealing tons of plot-shattering revelations at just about every chapter?
    Has bleach been doing that as well?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Genin
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    You mean revealing tons of plot-shattering revelations at just about every chapter?
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    Has bleach been doing that as well?
    I wouldn't know, I stopped reading the Bleach and Naruto series because it got too stupid (imo)

Ah ok, so you're missing out on the most advancing arc in the entire naruto series then.

Man...when does the new OP manga usually come out?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Genin
    none this week

-edit-
    not trying act like a know it all of sorts, but in my opinion i believe is that one piece is more consistent of entertaining the reader instead of naruto and bleach. do i think one piece is always consistent? no, i believe all mangas have their ups and downs. i just see OP more consistent than the other two. that's all.

Don't really want to get off-topic, but the last couple of chapters/volumes of Naruto have been really good and a lot of good information has been revealed.

One Piece comes out on Weekly Shounen magazine, so I assume it comes out at the same time as Naruto, etc. As for scanlations, they come out very randomly... from what I've seen, they don't seem to be as fast as Naruto or Bleach.

Genin
    hmm,
    I understand that One Piece is part of the Weekly Shounen magazine, but I was informed as to there was no chapter of OP to be released this week. As for the Naruto and Bleach scanlations coming out quicker than most is probably because of that both the series has more captive readers. Just mere speculation on my part.

- On a different note, every now and then I do tend to take a curious look into a different sub-forum (Naruto). I still see some people have their "constructive" criticism and thus make my assumptions (yes, I assume things unfortunately).
    Last edited by .noname.silent; Sat, 09-15-2007 at 03:09 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece usually show up on onemanga.com at least on the same day, if not the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by .noname.silent
    On a different note, every now and then I do tend to take a curious look into a different sub-forum (Naruto). I still see some people have their "constructive" criticism and thus make my assumptions (yes, I assume things unfortunately).
    (Naruto) is anime, not manga.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

This week's chapter was pretty cool. Robin with the "I'm not docking" bit was amusing, and it's nice to see all the characters work together against an opponent, instead of breaking off into 1v1 matches. Interesting how even when not much progression takes place, the One Piece manga is still enjoyable.

Also, that's great that they brought in Kuma....I wonder what he's planning to accomplish.
    In any case, it's pretty safe to say that Luffy's crew i going to be leaving this island with a nice stock of food and treasure
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Liked this chapter a lot, Franky calling Sanji swirly, Franky making the make shift stairs to Oz's face, refusing to dock (even though she grabbed his bare grapes before). Enjoyable.