Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 367

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    Not that random...in the previous chapter sasuke was outside, found a cave, told his friends to stay and wait for him, then found itachi inside the cave.

Also, it hasn't been stated that yondaime is Naruto's father. Only that he resembles him, but looks more like his mother.
    it was clearly implied that the fourth is narutos father...

anyhow... i wont type 80 lines about this chapter, last i thought that naruto and itachi were fighting.. and now suddenly sasuke vs itachi.... mk. and then the unveiling of narutos parents. makes me wonder if everything is wrapping up on naruto.

@boo -- Throwing up is a GOOD thing to do when you drink to much. IT clears your system of the alcohol to keep you from getting alcohol poisoning.. Why would she need to use medical knowhow :P
    @benjaI think the crows.. were his genjutsu that he always uses... He likes to turn into crows...what can I say ..

I really believe that Naruto is the son of the 4th, Pain probably isnt related to naruto, The un named akatsuki member, (the female) might be naruto's mom, i think this cause, why would they still keep her name a secret unless her real name was extremely important? any way its just a theory

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    unkown akatsuki member has blue hair, naruto`s mom is red
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

i guess, but i still don't understand why they would keep her name a secret unless her name was extremely important

cause there isnt such thing as hair dye in the naruto universe.. or some kinda magic thing that can change appearance OH WAIT.. :O..

Quote Originally Posted by dsh1202
    I really believe that Naruto is the son of the 4th, Pain probably isnt related to naruto, The un named akatsuki member, (the female) might be naruto's mom, i think this cause, why would they still keep her name a secret unless her real name was extremely important? any way its just a theory
    Or Naruto's Mom was killed in the great war. Not to mention they said that his mom was very outspoken, this blue hair woman doesnt say much. Would think that Naruto's mom would yell like he does!

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    While I hold to Occams Razor, it is still sort of open-ended about Naruto being the Fourth's kid but with what Tsunade and Jiraiya said the alternative is a bit strange.

Tsunade starts out her speech with: "Namikaze Minato, The resemblance is undeniable" in response to Jiraiya mentioning teaching Naruto made him remember teaching Minato. Then Jiraiya talks about the Minato, finally reavealing that he's the Fourth, then Tsunade talks about how different they are. Presumably she means Naruto and the Fourth, but this is actually open-ended enough that there could be a mystery third person other than Naruto who is different from the Fourth. She says "he's much more similar to his mother". The he's seems to refer to Naruto, considering they've been talking about Naruto and the Fourth up to this point. However, the subject of the he's is left to be taken from the context without actually being specific. In this case the context seems to make the he's refer to Naruto, however it's never actually stated so only the speaker truly knows for sure who he's refers to. If we assume Tsunade wasn't talking about Naruto then the next most likely candidate for He' is a mystery person.

Tsunade goes onto say "his personality and ninjutsu style are exactly like Uzumaki Kushina's", using the same he as before, (Uzumaki Kushina is definitely the mother of whoever 'he' is, either a mystery person or Naruto).

Then Jiraiya goes on to describe a person who sounds much like Naruto constant jabbering etc in response to the name Uzumaki Kushina. Jiraiya's comments don't really indicate what the age difference was between himself and Kushina, but Tsunade talks about how Kushina grew up indicating that Kushina grew up either with or behind Tsunade (and thus Jiraiya). Then out of the blue she says "But Naruto does look a lot like his father" And then Jiraiya says "That's why I see HIM in Naruto"

Now the simplest untanglement of all the pronouns is that Tsunade's him's and he's refered to Naruto. If this is the case then when she compared 'him' to the Fourth she felt that 'he' (Naruto) was actually more like his mother in manner, but that he did look like his father. We know Tsunade was originally comparing 'him' (Naruto) to the Fourth and when she came back from her mother tangernt she mentioned 'his' father. Jiraiya's statement that he sees HIM in Naruto comes right after this, and before the mother tangent Jiraiya had last been talking about the Fourth.

If you absolutely refuse to believe that Naruto is the son of the fourth, there is a path that allows this. Where Tsunade starts talking about "how different they are" she could be talking about some unknown person who is: a) still alive, as she uses present tense, b) different from the Forth Hokage, and more similar to their own mother, who is Uzumaki Kushina, c) the son of someone who looks a lot like Naruto, and d) someone Jiraiya sees in Naruto.

This mystery person would probably bear some resemblance to the fourth Hokage though.
    Wow, what a chapter. If Jiraiya does face off against Pain or Payne, I think Jiraiya would barely escape or even bite it. Jiraiya would not win for sure because I think Naruto is destined to give Pain his first loss. Even Tobi (or Uchiha Madara) warned him about Naruto's growth.

Nice analysis Yukimura. At first I was sure that Jiraiya and Tsunade were talking about the Fourth Hokage being Naruto's father, but then I read your post. I then re-read the chapter. At the top of page 11, Jiraiya starts talking about the Fourth then he says, "I never had kids, so I don't know what it was like ... But if he'd been my son, I'd have bragged about him all the time." Then on the bottom of page 12, Jiraiya states, "That's why I see HIM in Naruto ... I have to admit ... I've come to think of him as my own grandson..." So I'm back again in believing that Namikaze Minato (the Fourth Hokage) is Naruto's father.

God, if the 4th is actually Naruto's father, that's the most anti-climactic result ever. It's the obvious option that all the noobs claim as a new theory, dammit! Don't let it be the real answer!

It's true though, they never explicitly state in this chapter, "The 4th, Namikaze Minato, is Uzamaki Naruto's father". That's why I'm still holding onto my belief it's not true.

It's pretty obvious that Pein is some relative, though.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    I'm pretty sure Naruto's mom is from the former whirlpool village, not rain village.
    However, that's not to say that the former Whirpool Village might not have turned into the Rain Village. It's located in between the four major countries and has always been a battleground, so it's still possible that it changed hands some time in the past. Jiraiya also mentioned in the last chapter that the leader of Akatsuki is rumored to be in charge of one of the sides in the Rain's civil war.

There's no definitive proof here either way, and I have no clue what hair color the Akatsuki chick has (nor would I put much stock in it), but I still think it's possible that the Whirpool Village might have become the Rain Village, and in that case it's not out of the question that this Akatsuki woman might somehow be Naruto's mother.

If she is, then I'm betting the bank this restricts Jiraiya somehow during their fight and results in his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    God, if the 4th is actually Naruto's father, that's the most anti-climactic result ever. It's the obvious option that all the noobs claim as a new theory, dammit!
    Again, nothing explicitly proven here yet, at least not with this translation... but it does seem that the conversation between Tsunade and Jiraya is supposed to make you think that Uzumaki Kushina and the 4th Hokage are his parents. That's what I'd put all my chips on now. And, if they're not talking about those two as being Naruto's parents, then you really have to wonder what kind of crazy shit Kishimoto will throw at you to eventually explain who they were talking about...

The fact that Jiraiya's final word of advice to Tsunade was about watching out for Root strikes me as being way too randomly inserted to not be relevant to the future of Konoha. I'd almost forgotten all about them...

Finally, I do think that Itachi's meeting with Sasuke served two very good purposes. First, he saw Sasuke's new Chidori 'Sword' technique (reminds me so much of Creed's Imagine Blade...). And he challenged him to come after him alone. The rest of Sasuke's Hebi crew are not invited. And if Sasuke is foolish enough to actually go alone, it makes me think that Itachi will survive. That or Itachi has something to show him that he wouldn't want anyone else to see...

lots of plot this chapter, i enjoyed it.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

My predictions for the rest of Naruto Manga are as follows:

Saskue kills Itachi and feels empty inside after doing such and now thirst for Naruto's blood after all.

Jiraya kills pain in an epic battle and before dieing reveals he is Naruto's half brother. This leads to a life long drowning in booze and being worthless for Jiraya oh and lots of nasty hookers too.

When Saskue and Naruto reunite they feel an even stronger hatred for the world and everything in it because thier real brothers have both died and they have no real family left and they were shitty friends to begin with. Somehow Sakura's forehead gets between a super punch of Naruto's and Saskue and explodes like a Mellon from a Gallagher show. They both have a good laugh over this and become freinds again.

Oro/whats his name with glasses sneaks into the leaf village with the help of roots to kill Tsunade (suffocates her with her two funbags on her chest) in a coup and accomplishes what Oro himself could not do and lives the rest of his life seducing young boys with Jesus Juice like Micheal Jackson. Eventually turns leaf village into Neverland Ranch.

Kakashi anticlimactically pokes Tobi aka Obito in the eye and he dies instantly, Kakashi curses under his breath realizing he lost his last good chance at having two matching eyes.

Sig made by Lucifus

Random theory: On page 12 Jiraya says " I remember with that red hair, the constant jabbering and her tomboyish demeanor, she was just like one of the boys!"

So I'm thinking that maybe Pain is actually Naruto's mother.

You know what, I was thinking of the very same thing. Do we actually know for certain that Pain is a male? He/She could very well be Naruto's Mother. Now that would be an awesome twist. I don't think a gender specific pronoun has yet been used when referring to the leader (could be wrong on this one).

But yeah, you bring a really good point. And this also ties in with the fact that Pain looks a lot like Naruto.
    However, if Pain is Naruto's mom, I don't see how "she grew up to be much more beautiful" applies. Thats one creepy looking woman.
    Last edited by Splash!; Sat, 08-25-2007 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash!
    You know what, I was thinking of the very same thing. Do we actually know for certain that Pain is a male? He/She could very well be Naruto's Mother. Now that would be an awesome twist. I don't think a gender specific pronoun has yet been used when referring to the leader (could be wrong on this one).

But yeah, you bring a really good point. And this also ties in with the fact that Pain looks a lot like Naruto.
    However, if Pain is Naruto's mom, I don't see how "she grew up to be much more beautiful" applies. Thats one creepy looking woman.
    Also, Naruto would probably have the freaky eyes.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-Rob
    Random theory: On page 12 Jiraya says " I remember with that red hair, the constant jabbering and her tomboyish demeanor, she was just like one of the boys!"

So I'm thinking that maybe Pain is actually Naruto's mother.
    Considering Haku was a boy, I wouldn't be surprised if Pein was a girl.....

But man.. How can they say Naruto's ninjutsu-style is similar to his mother. Him learning Kage Bunshin no Jutsu was an accident, it wasn't because he developed the style. And what ninjutsus does Naruto have? Only Rasengan and Kage Bunshin?

After rereading the chapter again, it seems like they were saying Kushina was the 4th's mother. So it makes me think maybe the 4th was Naruto's older brother. And after Tsunade saying Naruto looks a lot like his father, Pein might be his father.

I doubt that, Yondaime is 20+ years older than Naruto.

Kishi has really taken Naruto to another level with the last 20 chapters. It's my favorite manga.

I think Naruto's mother have some connection with the Akatsuki. She could maybe be the bluehaired girl. I hope she's not Pein.

Feburary: I think Pein can sense disturbance in the rain because it's his jutsu.
    Like a rain-no-jutsu. And I think that Jiraya's jutsu is somewhat like Sasuke's jutsu with Manda. Time travel.
    Last edited by Koyuki; Sat, 08-25-2007 at 07:21 AM.

gooooooooood chapter
    I really believe that 4th is Naruto's father, especially after Jiraiya talked about how 4th would have been like his son and how he thinks of Naruto as a grandson. But another user wrote up an explanation so it saves me time :P

The Sasuke vs Itachi fight seems so close....I cant wait...that chidori that split into many directions inside Itachi was really really cool.

And omg..Pein can even feel if someone disturbs the rain? Thats a godly jutsu....but what if Jiraiya didnt come out of the frog and just went to the Pein's hideout in that form? Would he have still sensed it? Because it seemed like Pein only sensed the chakra when Jiraiya came out of the frog. And Pein probably put some kind of filter when it comes to detection because there could be bugs/small animals that disturb the rain constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyuki
    I doubt that, Yondaime is 20+ years older than Naruto.

Kishi has really taken Naruto to another level with the last 20 chapters. It's my favorite manga.

I think Naruto's mother have some connection with the Akatsuki. She could maybe be the bluehaired girl. I hope she's not Pein.

Feburary: I think Pein can sense disturbance in the rain because it's his jutsu.
    Like a rain-no-jutsu. And I think that Jiraya's jutsu is somewhat like Sasuke's jutsu with Manda. Time travel.
    Was the Yondaime's age ever revealed? I don't think it was. I like Idealistic's theory that Yondaime was Naruto's older brother and Pein is the father.

Jiraiya mentioned that Yondaime became Hokage "in a blink of an eye" which implies that he was very young when he inherited the title.

Yondaime trained Kakashi. Kakashi was about 15 years when he was trained give and take.
    Yondaime was probably around 25 when he trained Kakashi. Kakashi is now around 25.
    That would make Yondaime around 35 years. Naruto is 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikyuu
    EDIT: Oh and then when Jiraiya comes to fight Pein and sees the mom.. he will be LIKE OMG IT's YOU.. WHERE MY MONEY? is Jiraiya gonna have to choke a bitch?
    Dude I loled at the last part

Wow what a dense chapter. Kakashi and Naruto both are Hokage reserves. Fourth's name finally revealed as well as naruto's mother. Sasuke and Itachi are about to have their fight. Im glad to see Kishi finally growing some cajones and giving us a chapter worth reading instead of the last few cock-tease chapters.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)