Thread: So i bought a psp...

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar

So i bought a psp...

can somebody recommend the easiest way to run psp games off the memory card...? and maybe suggest a good firmware. it currently has 1.52

i dont really expect it to get very much use since im really busy but it will come in handy while on the train.. and i suspect i will be mostly using it to watch anime i ordered a 4gb sony pro duo card for it and probalby will get another not sure yet.

Ask Lucifus. His PSP runs custom firmware and he tried to get me to crack mine.
    Now 99% disease free!

I could spill it out for ya, but it would be better to find out and learn for yourself.
    Here's a good site:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/

It has all the info you need, but you'll have to become a member of the forums to use the search function...

I'd recommend downgrading to 1.5 firmware and then upgrading to a stable custom firmware.
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Fri, 08-24-2007 at 07:04 AM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Snap, Killa beat me to it. Go to that site and check out the tutorials. Thats the best way to go about it.

How much did you pay for your mem card? I had to pay $120+ for mine. Yours is probably cheap as hell now.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

I got my PSP modifield by my local game store, and I subsequently "upgraded" it myself to the next version through downloading new firm ware, so that I can play the newer games. I can play PS1 isos too, but most of the time I'm just using it to play Sudoku or Gundam Seed.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    if youre on 1.52 you need to upgrade it to 2.00, then downgrade it to 1.5, after that you need to upgrade to a custom firmware (i recomend 3.52 m33, it`s the one i have) once youre in custom firmware create a folder called ISO in the root of your mem card, your games go there, then on the psp go to GAME > MEMORY STICK and you should see the game there

EDIT: if you need help add me to msn, UChessmaster@Hotmail.Com :P
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Fri, 08-24-2007 at 12:04 PM.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Thanks ^^

*thread starts over* So i bought a PSP !!! 2nd in 2 nights ^^ LOL
    long story... this one NIB though and has 3.51 firmware... i ordered a 4gb card last night for $45 and right now only have dark stalkers... i'm going to check out that psp hack sight though and see what to do w\ it. I mainly want it to watch anime though and casually game.

I game all night... or I just troll the forums 'till 5 on it.

The only functioning game I have is the Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops UMD, which is good for passing the time, especially with a wireless internet connection ^^
    Now 99% disease free!

i was reading just now and apparently since i have firmware 3.51 i can't downgrade right now... not the biggest problem ever since i dont have time to play it enough to need an unlimited supply of roms and what not. would just be nice to be able to dl them ^^

Yeah, I could have told you that 2, that when you buy a new psp it probably has the latest firmware on it wich makes the thing impossible to downgrade... Although it will be only a matter of time before they find a way. But you said you have 2 PSP's? What firmware has the other one?

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.

Today i went to sell a 1gb pro duo card i had bought for my psp, the 4gb one i have is enough for now. So i meet up with this guy (yes, i listed it on craigslist) and we start talking and he offers to downgrade my psp and put on custom firmware instead of paying $15 i was asking for the card that i paid $11 for on ebay.

So... WOOT! i now have custom fw on my psp i haven't had a chance to research different progs available for it yet... i have some media player but it fails to open up my fairly large 175mb avi files.... about to try more testing in a bit i'm happy though...naruto ultimate ninja is pretty sweet ^^

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    what CF you got?

www.pspiso.com has pretty much every psp game, you got a 4gb? *jealous!*, o.0, we could play ultimate ninja heroes online if you want ^ ^
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

My girls FAT PSP has CF 3.71 M33-3 on it, plays every game I DL.
    Most of the Silver PSP's here are sold out but I managed to find a store who still had them so I ordered them... Should expect it on/upcoming (not sure :P) week. Can't wait to try and downgrade using Pandora. I got it all plannend out...

Edit:

PSP Slim & Lite Silver
    CFW 3.80 M33-5
    8 GB MS Pro Duo

I now customize PSP's for € 10,- all thanks to PSP-Hacks.
    Pandora is da sheet!
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Sun, 02-17-2008 at 09:42 PM.