Thread: Bleach 137

Damn that's quick! Thanks, 1st time I'm downloading the torrent via gotwoot!

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    for filler, these two eps weren't that bad. And at the end they actually went back to at least pretending to address something of importance, Aizen's curiosity with Inoue...

thank god the Ulqiorra that got pwned by filler-boys was a fake. Having Gin, Ulqiorra and Aizen in this episode made it feel so much better, even if they didn't do much.

the preview strongly, strongly suggests the upcoming end of fillers... they might do one more filler episode and end it with the Espada coming to Earth, which would be a horrible tease to get people to watch the next episode... or we could get lucky and next episode isn't filler! (or, at the very worst, they could use the Arrancar and bastardize them in filler-hell)

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Woot look forward to a whopping month or two of non fillers before they catch up the the beginning of the current manga arc!

Anyway, having the filler trio be the instrument of defeat for an Arrancar just felt wrong to me. Weak or not, they (the Arrancar) were all much stronger than that basic Menos Ichigo cut way back when. I can't imagine the dolls helping at all against that so how are we supposed to buy that they could stop an Arrancar.

I really liked this episode, especially for a filler. Yeah, the mod souls beat an arrancar, but how they did it made sense. It was strategy, not power. That whole battle was well done. And finding out all the stuff at the beginning of the last episode was just an illusion was good news since that seemed kinda stupid to begin with.

If I have a complaint, it's that Arrancar 2 and 3 were apparently defeated offscreen.

This whole arc could have stood to be longer, it had a decent setup, and the badguys weren't too bad. I can't believe the stupid flute arrancar arc was longer than this one. There's no justice dammit!

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    If I have a complaint, it's that Arrancar 2 and 3 were apparently defeated offscreen.
    Yeah, looking back on it, it really made no sense that the one guy who had reverted back to his normal form suddenly froze and shattered like that... and yet Hitsugaya was still nowhere near coming... Ikkaku's opponent dying like that was a bit less odd, but it really begs the question on how they were able to escape by so much... probably just a gimmick for us to dislike Filler-Arrancar coup guy more and to let Renji + Dolls get the complete spotlight in beating him (though bringing in the Dolls takes a bit away from Renji...)

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

It was decent for a filler. Even if the two lesser Arrancars were disposed of in a dubious manner. But at least Renji's fight wasn't bad, and the dolls were used in about as intelligent manner as such useless characters in general can be used. But I'm certainly looking forward to real manga based battles where they hopefully will have no part to play.

Aizen and Gin kick ass in filler as well. At least the script writing monkeys haven't managed to ruin them. Let's be thankful for that.

Pretty good for filler and it was nice to see some reference to the real story there at the end, but i'm getting sick of Renji having his ass saved by the filler dolls over and over every time he fights something. They started it in his first pre-filler fight, they've continued it in every fight he's had since, and i'm really worried that it's just habit now so they'll just continue doing it in the main arc.

this ep was pretty terrible

1/10

Only good thing about the episode is they kept Aizen and Gin's personality intact.
    A plus point for using Aizen's Shikai as the fake Ulquiorra.

Student
    Renjis bankai is lame and boring
    decent ep tho ^_^
    Douchebox

Quote Originally Posted by sl00ke
    QFT

Overall ok ep tho.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Renji's bankai suits his personality, though, even if it's not as interesting as the bankai of some other people. So, in that sense it's very succesful as a design and idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sl00ke
    Yes, and Ichigo's bankai of "different sword and clothes" is the height of interesting.

Lol no one ever said that. At least Renji's bankai gives him a tangible and meaningful power upgrade.

Ichigo's bankai has been relegated to mediocrity ever since he first went Hollow mode. All he gets from Bankai is an apparent speed boost, but when was the last time an enemy actually had trouble dealing with that speed boost?