Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Naruto Chapter 366

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Just having a strong attack doesn't make one a jounin level ninja...
    No, but fighting evenly with Orochimaru does.

Naruto was treated like a true threat by an opposing jounin level ninja I don't think there are many that would lose to him. All they'd have to do would be move faster than him and kill him quickly with a kunai to the back of the neck (come to think of it....why didn't Rock Lee do that to Gaara?).
    What you said regarding "just" moving faster than the enemy and killing him with a kunai is true of everybody. If Kakashi, say, could move faster than Orochimaru, he could probably kill him that way. Naruto was as fast as Orochimaru.

And anyway, we've already twice seen what happens when Naruto is 'fatally' wounded. (First when Kabuto destroyed his heart muscles and chakra circulatory system and when Sasuke hits him with the Chidori in the chest.) The Kyuubi revives him.

Also, where are you getting that Kyubi uses wind chakra? From the thing about his tail waving creating Tsunamis? From what we've seen so far the Kyubi chakra has always been raw energy that can be harnessed for increased strength & speed, or for directly attacking an enemy (Kyubi Claw, Kyubi Rasengan, Kyubi Death Ball). In all the instances it manifested for a direct attack it had a definate shape but never seemed to have any element to it.
    I'm basing this on its often used "yell attacks", where he/it yells and a blast of chakra comes out, just like the Shukaku's yell attack (which was confirmed by Gamabunta to be a wind element attack). I think the Death Ball you mentioned was one of these -- chapter 296 against Orochimaru?

But who knows. Maybe it can use them all and it hasn't been explained yet.

Oh, well if you're going to put 4 Tail Mode into the equation then sure he could probably beat most other ninjas who are too dumb to just run away (unless they have a Gamabunta level summon or some other massive AoE attack like Diedara). I don't really consider 4 tails mode part of Naruto's strength though since he has absolutely no control over how it's used. I'm sure it can allow him to kill people, but it's not a particularly flexible ninja tactic seeing as how it's like dropping a bomb on an area.

Oh, well if you're going to put 4 Tail Mode into the equation then sure he could probably beat most other ninjas who are too dumb to just run away (unless they have a Gamabunta level summon or some other massive AoE attack like Diedara). I don't really consider 4 tails mode part of Naruto's strength though since he has absolutely no control over how it's used. I'm sure it can allow him to kill people, but it's not a particularly flexible ninja tactic seeing as how it's like dropping a bomb on an area.
    True, it isn't his own strength. However, in the heat of battle, survival is all that matters. And even if it requires that you lose control to win the victory lies in still being the one standing. Is it cheap? Yes. Is it any less valuable? Not at all.

I would imagine that -for a ninja - survival and success are more important than worrying about cheating or deception, since those are things ninjas are supposed to excel at. We've only ever seen Naruto go as far as four tail mode by the way. I'm sure if it still wouldn't cut it in battle, the Kyuubi could force another five tails out. I imagine that if the ninth tail were released, then Kyuubi would have broken the seal completely, so that might not happen.

Jounin is not a title given to someone who can berserker rage orochimaru.
    A Jounin has to be a capable team leader that can achieve mission goals with minimal risk to his teammates.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Jirarya's death seems imminent since it's an extremely dangerous mission. Itachi's fight with Sasuke will most likely have an intrusion by the newly shown Sharingan holder.

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville
    .And anyway, we've already twice seen what happens when Naruto is 'fatally' wounded. (First when Kabuto destroyed his heart muscles and chakra circulatory system and when Sasuke hits him with the Chidori in the chest.) The Kyuubi revives him.
    Na your wrong about the kabuto part lol tsunade saved him, kabuto even says the kyubbi chakra wont be able to heal because of him cutting the chakra lines, plus kyubbi was shown dissapearing in black as naruto was dieing.

I believe naruto has a better chance against itachi if he could gain some speed, if multiple naruto's are coming at you in high speed its hard to defend against .

Jiraya is most likely going down soon, maybe that will lead to naruto becoming more serious (most likely not though).

EDIT: wooooooooooooooot my 100 post lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Super5
    I think Jiraiya is going to die, and soon. Probably in a big fight with either Pein, Tobi, or the female Akatsuki, but I'm going to guess Pein since 1) we haven't seen him fight yet and 2) Kishimoto knows that his fans want to see the Akatsuki leader fight, after he was built up in part 1. Why do I think Jiraiya is going to die? Like someone else said in this thread, the foreshadowing is too strong. Jiraiya having a drink with Tsunade and reminiscing about old times? One or both of them are going to die.

This also fits in with Kishimoto's "the new generation needs to take over" theme. I suspect he will kill off the older characters one by one, and Jiraiya is next. I will guess that Tsunade will get it next.
    I know all this and suspected that the next time we see Jiraiya it would be foreshadowing his death, my Jiraiya fanboyism is showing with me saying not to die. So, when I read this chapter and got up to the Jiraiya part I read it a couple times and was disappointed.

With the Sasuke v Itachi, I don't think Sasuke is going to win at this point, just my hunch is all, I don't think it's time.

Although, with all the Akatsuki killings going on, it could definately happen, but if it were too happen it would just seem a little rushed.

The one redeeming factor in Jiraiya possibly dying is FINALLY seeing him go full force with no limitations. If by Akatsuki leader, Jiraiya is referring to Pein, somehow I dont see Jiraiya serving more as a block in Pein's pursuit of Naruto :\

But, if Pein is actively pursuing Naruto, I think Tobi is the one hiding out in the Rain Village.

i hate that fact of the foreshadowing about jiraiya, but if anything could make naruto stronger... could make him be more serious it would be that!! you cant deny it. my favorite person is going to die

I don't think naruto needs to be stronger.. maybe more resourceful and well rounded.. but not stronger...

Does anyone think that the way itachi is acting kinda shows that something is amiss. I have this feeling we are gonna see why he really killed the clan with madara/tobi finally being shown. Maybe he was being controled for all we know, there really may be a deeper reason to why itachi kept sasuke alive and no one else in the clan.

A deeper reason.. Ahh Incest I see where you're going with this...

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist
    Na your wrong about the kabuto part lol tsunade saved him, kabuto even says the kyubbi chakra wont be able to heal because of him cutting the chakra lines, plus kyubbi was shown dissapearing in black as naruto was dieing.
    I don't mean to argue (I've done enough of that in this thread already), but I read that differently. Naruto came back to life when Tsunade's tears landed on the seal holding the Kyuubi in. I figured she had given up at that point, especially since she was crying over his body when his heart started itself up again. Also, Kabuto might have cut the chakra line, but it seems that kind of thing wouldn't stop the Kyuubi. Remember when Neji messed up Naruto's chakra circulatory system and the Kyuubi fixed it?

Oh, well if you're going to put 4 Tail Mode into the equation then sure he could probably beat most other ninjas who are too dumb to just run away..
    Lawl poopdeville is such an idiot, hah.
    We already know what happens when naruto goes overboard around an experienced ninja like kakashi, *slap* seeling tag on the forehead, end of battle.
    Also MS is NOT a genjutsu , it just an ability that enables:
    tsukiyomi: be all, end all genjutsu.
    amaterasu: black flames from hell, burns through everything
    kakashi's hax: I think this one is the craziest, seeing how it just zaps you to another dimension.

If wind rasengan is a technique that can defeat almost any foe, i'm positive that the MS ZAP would own anything else aswell, actually, it WOULD own anything you throw at it.

Kabuto might have cut the chakra line, but it seems that kind of thing wouldn't stop the Kyuubi. Remember when Neji messed up Naruto's chakra circulatory system and the Kyuubi fixed it?
    Another stupid comment, Neji plugged the damn chakra holes, he did no cutting what so ever.
    -----------------

darkshadow: what are you, 12?

Only Kakashi, Jiraiya, and now Yamato know about the sealing technique. Experience alone won't let you use it. You're right, MS is not genjutsu. I was referring to Tsukuyomi, MS's strongest known technique. Kakashi's MS "zap" wasn't able to beat Deidara, someone who Naruto and later Sasuke easily beat.

Finally, "plugged the damn chakra holes"? I think you need to read or watch Neji's fight with Hinata again. Guy and Lee specifically explain that forcefully putting chakra in the tengetsu will cause them to rupture, severing the chakra circulatory system. Guess what else would sever it -- a cut. Furthermore, Neji and Kakashi said it would be impossible to recover from that kind of damage. But Naruto did. Twice.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Fri, 08-24-2007 at 06:37 PM.

Finally, "plugged the damn chakra holes"? I think you need to read or watch Neji's fight with Hinata again. Guy and Lee specifically explain that forcefully putting chakra in the tengetsu will cause them to rupture, severing the chakra circulatory system. Guess what else would sever it -- a cut. Furthermore, Neji and Kakashi said it would be impossible to recover from that kind of damage. But Naruto did. Twice.
    Blocking tengetsu is not the same as Jyuuken, the technique of forcing chakra into the enemy's circulatory system. Hinata knows Jyuuken, and can inflict internal damage to people just as Neji can. Hinata cannot, however, block tengetsu. These are two distinctly different techniques, and the tengetsu that Neji blocked on Naruto has nothing to do with severing organs.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07