Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 24

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    truly a disappointing episode. The entire "Did you hear that sound?" "Yeah" "Yeah" "Wonder what it was?" "Neji, check!" etc. etc. sequence was terrible. Gai and Lee looked like some kind of retarded kung-fu ballet and it took the entire first half of the episode to establish that, yes, the cave is collapsing.

Massive chunks of iron sand don't really seem to be a good idea, especially if the opponent deflects them all the time without much difficulty. The second form in this episode was cool. Kudos to Sakura for using her head. Other than that, I wasn't very happy with this episode.

I'm gonna really start reading the manga now. I prefer watching just the animes, as the two mediums and fluid animation offer alot more potential to wow, but Shippuuden really hasn't done that for me, only in a few places.

@Yuki- I figured updating the top post in a thread wouldn't be that big a deal, especially to add link to the version most people are used to. And we can do what we want with the OP if we feel it makes the discussions flow better or provide essential information of interest to the thread.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sun, 08-12-2007 at 01:53 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    It rather seems to me it's because he's lacking that kind of control that he forms big objects out of it and flings them at his opponents. The man sized metal spikes were the smallest effective forms, I suppose. This would suggest his control over the movements is pretty limited and he can't give them more than a limited speed either. So, anything small would just tickle the opponent (or jam puppets). Still, I'm not saying his battle tactics with the iron sand were anywhere near optimal.
    Sasori underestimated Sakura and Chiyo. He was hoping to finish off the fight quickly and save chakra so that he could join in the Naruto/Deidara fight. He says something along the lines of "I guess I'll need to use more chakra" before he uses that iron-tree attack.

Bad ep....as everyone said before, the Gai scene was so bad i thought my eyes were gonna bleed...
    I really didnt enjoy the 1st half of the episode, I think they dragged out the Sakura punching iron sand chunk scene way too long. I thought the opening was a upcoming filler so I was about to have a heart attack until I learned that it was for a movie

AND holy shit they made the iron sand "law" move looked so lame!! In the manga, it actually gave me the "omfg holy shit" feeling and made me feel like it was one of Sasori's trump cards but in the anime, they made it seem like a small technique that Sasori has...

Hi, just wanted to say again how bad Naruto is.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    i'm ready for team gai to finish fighting their clones... but its awesome to see that sakura is no longer a useless tool, i liked how she played possum then pwnd sasori's kazekage .

there is no choice left... i will finish it with 'this'
    there is no choice left... i will finish it with 'that'!!

LUBES
    Sakura kicked some ass in this episode even when the puppet bitch got her ass beat

The beginning was pretty mediocre, the middle was so bad I'm still considering dropping Shippuden from my watching list and just read the manga and the end was alright.

The movie looks like the standard naruto crap standalone storyline with "Whiny-and-useless-character-who-needs-protection-and-encouraging". Hasn't like every naruto movie had one, not to mention almost 95% of the fillers that made me stop watching naruto the first time?

I read over this fight in the manga again, and damn, it has to be 1000x better than the anime.

i really hate the way chiyo-ba says sakura's name. and the way she keeps repeating it.

I really hated the clone fighting, AGAIN. Nothing interesting happens, the Gai fight was lame, switching from one hill to another. The Lee fight was dramatic, you just saw the exact same movement over and over again but in a different place...

The ending was great. I was thinking Sakura made a bunshin and (like Naruto) crawled through a burrow and sneak op on the enemy.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Quote Originally Posted by bbaucom
    there is no choice left... i will finish it with 'this'
    there is no choice left... i will finish it with 'that'!!
    there is no choice left...I will finish it with a wiffle-ball bat!

I'm so dissapointed now, I was looking forward to Shippunden and the first episode was massive, and now, I can't watch it anymore..

I hate Naruto.. Aint going to buy there shit anymore!

haha, they're really milking this for all it's worth. I'm not naive enough to believe that they'd care about the show's integrity, but seriously, what the hell was that. The Gai/Lee clone fights were absolutely brutal. They're stretching out the material so far just to fit one episode that there's barely anything in it, and it's absolutely messed up the pacing. It's unbearable. The show has lost it's soul, and i'm never watching the anime again... until they release a well animated ep, which happens once every 20 or 30 eps anyway, which i'm sure i'll hear about from you guys. My god.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuncoss
    I can't do anything else but to agree with all previous posters on the majority of things mentioned.
    Though I wondered why Sakura has long hair in the learning-flashback?

Maybe to show us that time had passed since Naruto left and finally she was too busy training to cut her hair! -dg-

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

i like to compare the manga with the animation and I like how they add little things here and there to make the scenes more exciting. it's not surprise that the team gai fight scenes are boring, but I think the sakura fight is always worth watching because of the new jutsu's. i like it.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    On a different note, one of us mentioned Team Guy's clones may have all been genjitsu. I took that seriously for a while, until I saw them radio each other again. They haven't really shown us what those clones are at the moment, have they? I'm thinking they're like the itach/kisame zero technique, and somehow gain your stats when you touch the seal. But they why didn't Kakashi have a clone too? If the idea was to make sure two teams had to be there to dispel the seal, then why not hold up the team at the entrance as well?

And I don't know what the Third Kazekage's/Sasori's limitations on the control of Iron Sand are, but I would have done a Gaara and used Desert Coffin on Sakura, but I guess that would just add to the repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by iMUSTbeTHEdevil
    Maybe to show us that time had passed since Naruto left and finally she was too busy training to cut her hair! -dg-
    All right, convinced!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    On a different note, one of us mentioned Team Guy's clones may have all been genjitsu. I took that seriously for a while, until I saw them radio each other again. They haven't really shown us what those clones are at the moment, have they? I'm thinking they're like the itach/kisame zero technique, and somehow gain your stats when you touch the seal. But they why didn't Kakashi have a clone too? If the idea was to make sure two teams had to be there to dispel the seal, then why not hold up the team at the entrance as well?
    Maybe Akatsuki thought that if they could take on anyone who removed the seal on the boulder and didn't bother to make a trap there?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Neji's byakugan should be able to see through the genjutsu though.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by iMUSTbeTHEdevil
    If time has passed and her hair grew back, we should've seen some growth as well. All we saw was little 12 year old Sakura from the first arc.

I'm just going to take it in as the animators screwed up.

On the Gai's team clones = genjutsu theory... didn't Tenten's clone rise up from the water? They seem to be clones made of whatever was nearby (Gai's = earth clone, Tenten's = water, Rock Lee's = earth/wood, etc.). I'm not sure if this is the same as in the manga, but their opponents seem to be just clones with a lot of chakra in them.