Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden: The Movie

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    then read my posts... I said it like 3 times before that the movie wasn't good, but it wasn't as bad as everyone says.
    But ya, its true and I admit it! I was overreacting (mostly because of the fillers)

but the series has become nothing more than a habit for me and i doubt that it will get ever to the "Zabuza+Haku vs Team kakashi" level again.

this was truely the best part of the whole series so far. I'm not that convinced about the sound-four vs neji-naruto-kiba etc part but that Bone-guy vs Lee was pretty good too.
    Actually every fight which has Lee in it was good. The rest was more of a "who has more chakra or stamina contest"
    The fact that the anime is stretched so extremely is btw the reason why I said the movie is better than 90% of the series... the fights arn't fast enough... they have to many breaks.

I guess I'm not the only one who prefers fights like Sasuke vs Oro. Sasuke vs Naruto, Oro vs Sarutobi or even Sakura vs Sasori. They had very few interruptions but those are only a small percentage of the full series... how many episodes does naruto already have? 300?

And every naruto movie has those fights.
    Even this one.

Sure thing! The series had its moment even in the more boring episodes
    but these only lasted for a few seconds (demon brothers for example).
    And isn't it the same with the movie? The movie wasn't that great... I said it myself multiple times alrdy but it had its moments too.. so why does everyone hate the movie but likes the series? I can't understand that, sry.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 05-05-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Kraz. Your posts are based on a series of wrong assumptions about me.

1) First you said I heard/read rumors saying the movie would be horrible and that swayed my opinion but I didn't.
    2) Then you said I should never go into a movie cinema thinking it's "*AWESOME*" Uh, If I bother going ten miles to the nearest crappy theatre to spend ten bucks and sit with 100 other people, I'd prefer to think the movie is good before -buying- so I don't waste time. If I don't think a movie will be good, I don't bother watching it until something compells me to.
    3) "because the movie was clearly better than the last ~30 episodes... or even better than like 90% of the whole series." I don't know what that even has to do with anything. I haven't seen the last thirty eps and if the movie is better than the last 30 eps I prolly wouldn't watch them too. But your opinion is obviously different from mine if you think that the movie was better than 90% of the series, even if you were going overboard for emphasis. So I will prolly end up watching them anyway.
    4) Here's a perfect reason to not like a movie but like a series. They aren't written by the same person so... perhaps they are fundamentally different? Even if they were, you don't have to understand why other people like/dislike things.. and people don't have to explain why either.
    5) You think I shouldn't have fell asleep because the movie wasn't boring, but obviously I thought it was, so there's the reason to fall asleep. Don't try to force your opinion on me.

PS - I just watched all the parts I missed and I still think the movie sucks.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    PS - I just watched all the parts I missed and I still think the movie sucks.

orly? no waiii! I thought you would turn 180 degrees and say how awesome this movie is after watching the whole thing

yet its still a fact that this movie isn't much different than the other 3...so unless you thought the same about the other 3, its just ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    Do I really need to watch an entire movie to determine it was terrible? If it's bad enough to put me to sleep in 5 minutes flat it gets a bad rating. It had plenty of chances to redeem itself while I randomly woke up. Haha.
    Not going against your argument, nor saying it was a good movie (cause it wasn't) but... I fell asleep with Ghost in the Shell In an anime convention back in... what was it?... 1998? oh sh**... 10 years... (ok... I'll stop the spam...)

I remember seeing in the trailers Chouji and Shikamaru besides the supposed grave... but did not see the scene in the movie...

And what the hell really did happen? Everybody keeps talking about if it was a good or bad movie... can we talk about the plot? For instance... did that girl GO BACK TO THE PAST? I don't understand what happened at the end... specially with the supposed death opening sequence...

the girl (priestress) had a vision (dream)... in that dream naruto died..
    the girl does often have visions and can foretell the future this way (or your fate)

well basically Naruto showed up in front of her then, she told him that naruto is going to die if he helps her and makes fun of him etc.

Naruto tells her that he will be able to change his and her fate/future if he wants to... and thats what actually happened. naruto was able to change his fate.

Yes... but the girl did not see that far into the future to see the funeral, nor the Godaime saying "perhaps it was fate"
    So...

why not? what was shown in the beginning was what she saw when she had the vision... they just didn't focus on it and switched to the things which happened outside of the building, but when the screen left her, she still had those "vision eyes"

I was under the impression that the girl could only see a few moments of the person's death, nor that far away into the future. But meh... it does not change anything anyway.

Il have to say this movie is by far much better then the one that came last year, and actually a naruto movie i could watch again, read that meny of u dissliked it, but i simply liked it, all in all one of the best Naruto Movies that has come so far.. and that naruto movies has never been rly good so far imo.

Blog Entries
    I liked the movie, it had some impressive fight scenes and an interesting plot unlike the anime has had for a long time. naruto didn't suck on all the battles what was good too and he actually got a girl to like him.

Only thing i regret was not seeing any of the nine tails power, a demon vs. demon fight would have been incredibly awesome.