Thread: Macbook Battery

Macbook Battery

I have a year old Macbook and recently got the hard drive replaced. Since then the laptop doesn't recognize a battery being present and only works when plugged in. The battery was working fine before I got the hard drive replaced. Any help?

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    A couple things

There was a firmware update that was released recently to fix this issue (Or as some say has caused more of a issue) It's a automatic update as long as you have 10.4.8 installed(Yes I know how does a firmware fix fix a hardware problem, not sure but thats what I've done with some of the apples I've come across and it worked on at least one)

Or

Boot into Open Firmware ( key combination apple-opt-O-F just as you power on) and type "reset-nvram", followed by "reset-all"

Or

There is a risk of allowing the charge to drop below the battery's low-voltage threshold, resulting in an unrecoverable dead battery in the Mac laptops (and others) Apple clearly has an issue with the PMU getting enough power to a dead battery to bring it back to life. So basically get a new battery but never let your Macbook discharge all the way in the future

Or

Phone up apple and make them fix a shitty engineered issue that they caused
    Last edited by Deadfire; Fri, 07-27-2007 at 07:53 PM.
    image fail!