* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
    total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU

RSX @550MHz
    1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
    Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
    Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s
    VRAM 22.4GB/s
    RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
    SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS

Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
    Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
    SD standard/mini x 1
    CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
    Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
    Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)
    USB 2.0 (wired)
    Wi-Fi (PSP)
    Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
    HDMI: HDMI out x 2
    Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
    Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
    DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
    Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

for some ps3 pictures

http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/61...19/imgs_1.html

*****MAKE SURE YOU SCROLL TO THE VERY BOTTOM TO WATCH THE FF7 TECH DEMO*********

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2...eam_sonypress_e305.asx

Ps3

This is ridiculous. The Killzone demo APPEARS to be real time, and looks absolutely stunning.

Ps3

Yeah, killzone demo was most definatly the best of the bunch. Although is it just me or do I notice a trend with most of the PS3 games being FPS's featuring huge battles with hundreds of generic soldiers fighting against each other. Really does make me wonder what bungie is cooking up for halo 3 especially in that they have about a year to finish it up before PS3 is released since that's when it's supposed to be released in order to counter the PS3 launch.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

Ps3

wow, thats one kickass design.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Ps3

Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
    Although is it just me or do I notice a trend with most of the PS3 games being FPS's featuring huge battles with hundreds of generic soldiers fighting against each other.
    If by "most", you mean "1", then you're correct.

Ps3

Last edited by Thi3f; Wed, 01-09-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Ps3

I don't like the new controller........ but it's really hard to come up with some thing better than the Dual Shock 2.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Ps3

Last edited by Thi3f; Wed, 01-09-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Ps3

FUCK. I don't want to buy another new console... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Ps3

i know, im just gonna go download every xbox game out there and pray i never hear the words "new console" again

Ps3

what the, thats fucking ugly

its got Spiderman font as the logo and the controller is ugly

its just another gay scam to make us spent tones of muney

Ps3

Originally posted by: basey_69
    i know, im just gonna go download every xbox game out there and pray i never hear the words "new console" again
    You may want to seriously do that, considering Microsoft has not touched the topic of whether or not the XBox 360 is backwards compatible. Anything for them bastards to get more money.

And, the PS3 Controller is seriously in need of remodelling and restructuring. The current PS2 DS Controller is perfect.

Ps3

Originally posted by: Itachi_y2k5
    what the, thats fucking ugly

its got Spiderman font as the logo and the controller is ugly

its just another gay scam to make us spent tones of muney
    For the appearance of the PS3 I'll reserve my comments first. Remember when the PS2 first came out and people were complaining about it's deisgn? I hated it as well back then but now I think the PS2 looks great.

You're right about the Spider-man font however....... It struck me immediately when I saw the logo. The PS1 and PS2 logos were more unique.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Ps3

i've always liked the ps2 design also with the ps1 i dont like to many curves

Ps3

The new design looks cool, I think. But the controller looks like some crappy controller that MadKatz or someone would make. I like the DualShock 2 better.

Ps3

whow looks badass. only like mentioned above the controler looks terrible.

Ps3

Square is evil for showing such a great tech demo that will never see the light of a release [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. I agree with every one else bout the controllers having a crappy design but the system itself looks pimp. Plus 3 different colors dunno which to choose.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Ps3

nah, the controller looks decent. I think they just overdid it a lil bit with those two ends sticking out too far. Other then that, I think it's pretty good, considering the button placement and comfort for the hands with the design.
    "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."

Ps3

Although is it just me or do I notice a trend with most of the PS3 games being FPS's featuring huge battles with hundreds of generic soldiers fighting against each other.
    If by "most", you mean "1", then you're correct.
    I counted at least three. First there was that new game from insomniac where all the soldiers were running around fighitng alien monsters, then there was incognito's warhawk which featured even more infantry action in the beginning, and of course the killzone demonstration rounded off things quite nicely in the generic soldiers category. Plus Xbox 360 had a few games as well that followed this theme with gears of war, call of duty 2, and Quake 4. I'm getting a bit tired of all the damn soldiers and the epically big battles that are trying to outdo each other

Ps3

Warhawk is an aerial combat game, so scratch that off. Two games is not "most".

Update: none of the videos except the Unreal Engine 3 and some of EA's stuff were in real time.