Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TV: Reaper

TV: Reaper

Pilot DVDSCR just came out for the first episode of the show, and from reading the comments on EZTV, it's been getting positive feedback. I am really interested in this show, so gonna take a look, and it might be like another show that I enjoyed "Dead Like Me." And nice, Kevin Smith (Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob, etc..) directed the pilot. EZTV has the torrent.

Throughout Sam's life, he always wondered why his Mom (Allison Hossack, "Falcon Beach") and his dad (Andrew Airlie, "The L Word") was so easy on him whether it was sports, school, or career choices and hard on his brother, Keith (Kyle Switzer, "15/Love") to succeed. Because of it, Sam decides to drop out of college, and takes a dead beat job, waisting most of his time playing video games, wishing he could ask his co-worker Andi (Nikki Reed, "The O.C.") out. Everything changes in Sam's life once he turns 21 and finds out the reason his parents let him get over was because they sold his soul to the devil before he was born. Satan (Ray Wise, "24") explains to Sam that he must serve as his bounty hunter, tracking down souls that have escaped from Hell. Initially Sam refuses to accept his fate but he realizes the grave consequences of breaking a deal with the devil. He is armed with various vessels (i.e. a Dirt mini-vacuum machine) to collect the escapees. Sam finds that the work is dangerous and frightening even with the goof ball help of his friends and fellow slackers, Bert "Sock" Wysocki (Tyler Labine, "Boston Legal"), Ben (Rick Gonzalez, "Coach Carter"), and Sock's former girlfriend, Josie (Valarie Rae Miller, "Dark Angel"). As bizarre as his life becomes, Sam feels good about his new found "missions", removing evil souls from the world and sending them back to where they belong. Along with his friends and his vessel of the week, Sam prepares to face his destiny as the "Reaper".
    Last edited by Zati; Sat, 07-21-2007 at 01:15 PM.

I remember hearing that the original pilot was different than the aired pilot, so here's the pilot episode that aired yesterday:
    http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?...3fd29a020a8790

I really liked the first episode. Looks like it'll be a fun series. The main draw for me is the actor that plays the Devil, and the hottie Missy Peregrym (Candice on Heroes).

The first episode was good, seems like a fun show. I liked the actors, especially Missy Peregrym (from Heroes). The guy that plays the devil, he suits the role, he reminds me a bit of Sinatra and I know I've seen him in some old movies. Also nice to see Bret Harrison, he was pretty funny in Grounded for life.

I'll keep watching.

The guy that plays the Devil, turned crazy for a few episodes in the series Twin Peaks, and he was really creepy, which is nice for this role.

Jounin
    I haven't watched the PREAIR if this one so i can't compare it with the aired pilot. But i loved this one. Well like most i loved the Devil. He has this nice charm to him that is both cool and funny, yet he gives of this really evil aura. I think he was borne too play this kind of roles.

And i also love the relationship between both Sam & Andi and Sam & Sock. I love how he always "dumbs up" when he tries to make a move on Andi. And i love the fact Sam is a hugh slacker but still get outclassed by Sock that is at least twice the slacker Sam is. And when Sam told Sock about the telekinesis think, and Sock threw that package in Sam's face, HARD, i laughed my ass off.

And the CGI was actually pretty nice on that escaped soul. First i thought it was gonna be crappy homemade looking effects when the fire appeared from arm to arm (you could totally see it came from behind him) but then his skin became "charcoaled and lavish". That made me happy. Seems like they actually put down some money into the special effects to give the show that little extra touch.

All in all i loved it. Definitely one of the best newcomers and this is a definitive watch for most of you.

Yup, I loved the pilot too. Very nice, and it'll be fun seeing him getting all kinds of missions and stuff from the Devil. Sock's character is great, I love that kind of character. And yeah, the actor that plays the Devil is a great fit for the role.

Just finished watching the first episode, I don't get into to many TV shows but this got my attention, and I think Ill continue watching this.

It was good to see that the special effects are pretty good, and the character relationships are good, nice little bit of comedy, it's got a nice mix so far.

Episode 2 is out now.

Jounin
    This show just got upgraded to one of my all time top favorite shows. Episode 2 was awesome and continued with all the awesomeness that episode 1 showed. I love the fact that they use gear and outfits from the store to fight with the souls. Seeing them run around in wet suits was great. And Sock had a hilarious scene where it seems that he starts to laugh uncontrollable whenever he get nervous. Made me laugh pretty hard.

And then i love the Devil more and more for every scene. I like how they portray him as this necessary thing that is actually filling a purpose with his job, thous in a way even being good in his own evil way. Like how instead of wanting the souls to wreck havoc on earth he actually wants them back. And when he convinces Sam to do it he say things like "You will do the world a favor. You are a hero." and when the lightning struck and killed someone he said things like "She was a good person". And it's true too. And how he does special treats for Sam like helping him hook up with Andi. Showing Sam that he appreciate his work and having his soul owned by the Devil is not all that bad. And then at the end he shoves that cart in front of that car to show that there is still that evil side to him. And it was not a hugh evil thing but a little subtle evil gesture. And I'm sure that it ruined that guys day completely. So far he is the biggest thing making this show so awesome.

But Sam, Sock, Ben and Andi are all great to but they don't compare to The Devil character.

The only gripes I have with this series is that the comedy is subpar and Missy isn't getting enough scenes. The second episode could've used a bit of more action, the final fight was very anti-climatic. He practically did nothing to win. I was expecting an awesome fight with lightling flying everywhere. Still, it's a fun series to watch, looking forward to episode 3. I bet this show will have a "heavenly bounty hunter" at some point, that should be nice.

Just finished watching episode 2 and I like it even more, mainly for the reasons that TwisT has mentioned. Although, I do agree with Bud about the comedy being subpar, it's certainly a place they could pickk up a little. The character interaction is awesome, the Devil definately makes the show.

They way that it's set up is a good thing too, where there needs to be heaven and hell, like Yin and Yang. That both are necesary for everything to be running smoothly.

Episode 3 was great. Sock was much funnier in this episode than it the previous one. There was a bit of drama, which was nice, but the main thing is that the comedy improved a bit.

Jounin
    Tonights episode was awesome. We got to see a more vindictive side to The Devil. Sam got to learn how things just becomes harder and harder the more you fight and try to rebel against the big man himself. I just love when he shows his more sinister side.

the actor who played the magician was just fucking lame. what was the deal with that fucking eye shadow 'goth look'. made me wanna punch him in the face. they need to get better with the souls.

Yeah, the souls have been pretty crappy and the action too. The first episode was great because the firefighter and Sam had a really good fight, especially with Sam using some powers of his. Since then, Sam has simply been a normal guy which he shouldn't be. He should have some reaper powers aside from the vessels. These souls have been very lame and their fight with Sam even lamer.

That aside, the plot progression with Sam and Andi has been nice, and the Devil getting pissed of was good. Hopefully the action will improve from here on out.

Well, any of you still watching this? Tonight's episode was quite good...

We learned quite a few things from the Devil in this episode, like his girlfriend and all. It seems like he may even have a daughter who can potentially become a love interest for Sam, and she's not bad looking and with Andi playing around with Sam, this should be nice. I still wish that Sam would show some supernatural powers like in the first episode, something that would really make him a real reaper. So far, just about anyone could be one as long as they have a vessel.

Jounin
    Awesome. I love it when we get to know about the forces of evil and their personal life.

I love the actor that plays Mimmi. She is so freaking hot.

And the devil might have a daughter. That was cool. I have been thinking though about when his father ripped out that page our of Sam's contract. And i was thinking that maybe Sam might be the Devils son. And that might have been what he was trying to hide by taking out that page. If so that would create some interesting things if they where to fall in love or something.

I guess only time will tell. And i also would have hoped that he would have some reaper powers. I was so hoping for him to heal after that fork stabbing wound in the hand. Or at least that he would get temporary powers for the specific soul is on the hunt for at that time. Something that would really make the souls fear the reaper since he would have extra protection against them and their powers.

I thought last night's episode was a rerun, bah. Guess I'll have to DL it.

Last week's episode was really good in my opinion.

Sam starts dating the devil's daughter, and she even goes full frontal with his Sock and company. They getting rich was also nice, they should've kept some for "reaping" expenses. Well, she doesn't know she's the devil's daughter so it'll be interesting to see how it'll go from here and if she'll find out. It would be cool if the devil himself doesn't know it. I also want to see how Andi reacts to finding out about Sam's girlfriend, they didn't show much of her after she learned he was seeing someone.

Just caught up. This is a fairly entertaining show...The track suit line in the last episode was pretty funny "You've never looked faster". That was really dumb giving away all that money; I mean, at least keep a few stacks for yourself.

Well, Reaper returns tonight with what it looks like 3 new episodes. Here's an article to get you in the mood:
    http://www.tv.com/story/11004.html?o...dlines;title;3