Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TV: Burn Notice

TV: Burn Notice

Anyone watching this new show? I actually enjoy it, but I know that some people might think it's cheesy and stuff. The male lead was on "The Pretender," and a few other shows before, I think he's a good lead. It's been getting good ratings/reviews, and lots like it, so for the people that want something to watch this summer, give this a try.

And hey, the setting right now is in Miami, and near the beaches, so can't go wrong with that. Lots of pretty girls in bikinis, and looking good. I'm liking it so far.

A spy, Michael Weston, receives a burn notice for an unstated reason, effectively firing him. He has spent the previous decade working for the government in Eastern Europe and returns to his hometown of Miami to get his life in order.

Michael will stop at nothing to find out why. Shut out from his normal contacts, but still driven to right wrongs, Michael needs to stay under the radar in order to stay in the game.

Michael's ex-girlfriend, Fiona, is trying to help Michael in his quest. Being an ex-IRA operative comes in handy for her.

Working against Michael is his mother who calls him constantly.
    Last edited by Zati; Wed, 07-18-2007 at 02:04 AM.

I saw this the other day. The acting was pure shit, but it was still entertaining somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Q-BeRt
    I saw this the other day. The acting was pure shit, but it was still entertaining somehow.
    Just like most low budget series. Yeah, the acting is horrible, but it's fairly entertaining... every episode has a couple of scenes worth watching.

This show is definitely worth watching..although I wonder how long they can keep this going. So far each episode has had a "mission" (for example, someone hiring him to guard them or kill someone) with the side note of the fact that he's burned and has to get out of Miami. Are they going to continue throwing around random missions, and just inch him closer and closer to finding information about who burned him? If so, this series is going to get boring. And I doubt he'll ever leave Miami.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I watch it just for the fact that it features Bruce Campbell as one of the co-stars

I used to have a huge crush on Gabrielle Anwar... but she isn't as hot as she used to. Don't know what happened, I think it has something to do with the lips. Still hot, but not as hot as she used to be.

Anyways, I really liked episode 5. The guy's girlfriend hitting on Westen was great.

Anyone watched the latest episode, 6?
    http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?...ba9bb491a327ec

I really liked it, one of my favorites this season. I like the direction the show is heading, with the new FBI dudes that came to harass Michael.

Show finally came back after a couple weeks thanks to the US Open.

So here's episode 10:
    http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?...3fecdcd97a2929

It was a great episode, with some assassins and Lucy Lawless makes an appearance. Looks like next episode will be a good one, with the guy who burned him coming to town.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 07-11-2008 at 01:47 AM.

Sorry for the quadruple post, but here's the season finale. It was a double episode:
    http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?...34cef8ec651f83

Any of you seen it yet? Man, it was great. It took the series to a whole new level. It was very good, you should check it out as soon as you can when you get the chance.

About to start watching it although I heard it ends on a cliff hanger.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

As all season finales do... will be back next summer with season 2.

man this is a pretty good show..just finished season 1. It sucks that it wont be back till next summer....that seems a little long doesn't it?

That's usually how it goes for series that start during the summer on a short order and then get picked up for a second season. The same thing happened/happens with other shows in that network: The 4400, Monk, Psych, The Dead Zone.

K yeah, it's all finished and that but dizzam....that was an intense episode. I never thought that the dude (Phil?) was so low on the totem pole that he was dispensable.

Finally, Burn Notice is back...

Here's the first episode of season 2:
    http://torrent.zoink.it/Burn.Notice....;eztv].torrent

it seems like it'll be a good one, will watch it tomorrow.

Watched it last night and I gotta say I have one problem with it, the formula. After last season ended I was hoping they would change the formula from this
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade
    So far each episode has had a "mission" (for example, someone hiring him to guard them or kill someone) with the side note of the fact that he's burned and has to get out of Miami. Are they going to continue throwing around random missions, and just inch him closer and closer to finding information about who burned him? If so, this series is going to get boring. And I doubt he'll ever leave Miami.
    but it hasn't changed one bit which is a major disappointment, other than that its great to have it back.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

I agree, i was really hoping for something different in season two. But i guess this season we'll get more info about his problem since he's in contact with the people who put him there, unlike last time.

Still, a good show, and fun to watch. And also, Fiona is hot.

Already back, downloading it now I really liked the first season, but as you stated it gets a bit repetitive.

I don't find Fiona tha hot, she's ok. I hope they introduce a new women. (Kristen Bell anyone? :P)

i first saw this on tv but didn't watch it but my friend downloaded it and i already watched the entire first season. I'm waiting for season 2 to finish before downloading and watching it.

If you didn't know, USA hosts all the Burn Notice episodes on their site...
    http://www.usanetwork.com/fullepisodes/

Now episodes discussion: We haven't gotten any screen time from Carla these past two episodes.

Just caught up to the latest episode...

I really liked the last one, especially seeing Michael play a fragile weak character. Also, in the episode before the last one, I really enjoyed the new guy that Carla sent to keep an eye on Michael. He's quite a psycho, hopefully we'll see more of him soon.

With that said, apparently there are no more episodes until Sept. 11.

The actor who plays micheal is surprisingly talented. I love how many different people/personalities he can imitate and how natural he is at it.