Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 314

One Piece 314

Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 06-25-2007 at 01:57 AM.

Wow, that episode format was REALLY annoying.

Someone says something.
    Everyone is shocked.
    Flashback!
    Someone says something.
    Everyone is shocked.
    Flashback!
    Someone says something.
    Everyone is shocked.
    Flashback!

I'd have hated it if so much important info didn't get dropped in it. Coby is all of a sudden a badass that knows Soru...and Luffy's dad is that Dragon guy(wouldn't have guessed that)! That's good stuff is what that is! Plus we know that theres 4 badass Pirate Lords that that run the ass end the Grand Line!

Coolest episode ever

Here we have two new luffy's relatives. Whats cooler than luffy's relatives? And what do have going on here?

- Zoro's gotta find a new katana
    - Marine Vice Admiral is Luffys grandpa
    - Most "dangerous" (or the highest bounty) villain in OP is Luffy's dad.
    - Now we know two of the four most dominant pirates of grand line (Shanks and Whitebeard)
    - Straw Hats are going to get a new ship
    - Straw Hats are going to get new bounties (cant wait for that to happen)
    - We will find out if Franky is going to join or not

So much cool stuff to look forward to...

Third "pirate lord" is Blackbeard (aka Walter Teach). We've seen him already.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Coby is all of a sudden a badass that knows Soru
    That was a good thing. I hated him the way he was, but he certainly was turned succesfully into a pretty cool sort of a fellow.

Somehow I'm getting a feeling Zoro isn't going to get a new sword before they set out. Of course we don't yet know whether the next arc is going to be a filler or not (assuming this is still counted as an aftermath of the Enies Lobby arc), though I suppose that moment would be as good an opportunity for them to run a filler arc as any. And fillers naturally won't bring new katanas. Well, I guess that will be revealed eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Third "pirate lord" is Blackbeard (aka Walter Teach). We've seen him already.
    I don't think so. Blackbeard was one of Whitebeards subortinates until only a little while ago according to Ace.

Also, Blackbeard is trying to become one of the Sea Lords. Why would he do that if he was a Pirate Lord? It's almost like a demotion.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Blackbeard's name is Marshall D. Teach, and it's very unlikely he's a yonkou. For one thing, he only recently left Whitebeard's crew. And he's trying to build up his reputation as a strong pirate so that he can join the Shichibukai. Indeed, the marines at Mariejoe hadn't heard of Teach. A Yonkou would be known by the marines.

I don't know if Dragon is actually a villain. They haven't said much about what he's done. But being a revolutionary alone doesn't make him a villain. The Strawhats are responsible for four revolutions that I can think of. (Axe-Hand Morgan, Arlong, Wapol, Enel) And they declared war on the World Government on Enies Lobby. But they definitely aren't villains.

Considering what the government did to Robin, I'm inclined to think that Dragon was somehow involved with Gol D. Roger, that he knows how to read the Poneglyphs and read the Rio Poneglyph, and that he's spreading the word.

Yup. He's applying for the Schibukai. Pirate Lord, you don't need to apply for that. You just need to be strong and scary enough. :P
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

They should just make Luffy Shichibukai. After all, the Straw hats aren't real pirates as it is: They don't rob civilians or assault civilian ships or port towns. They only fight against other pirates and criminals, as well as corrupt officials. Actually they are Shichibukai already in any other manner but officially.

But considering how corrupt the world government is, I doubt they would do that. They need corrupt or otherwise twisted people in the Shichibukai, not warriors of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    I don't think so. Blackbeard was one of Whitebeards subortinates until only a little while ago according to Ace.

Also, Blackbeard is trying to become one of the Sea Lords. Why would he do that if he was a Pirate Lord? It's almost like a demotion.
    But the third guy in that scene (when you showed the 3 faces; Shanks, Whitebeard and other guy) looked like Blackbeard. Maybe he has done a lot during the time the Strawhats went to Sky Island and did an assortment of other things?

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    But the third guy in that scene (when you showed the 3 faces; Shanks, Whitebeard and other guy) looked like Blackbeard. Maybe he has done a lot during the time the Strawhats went to Sky Island and did an assortment of other things?

He isnt Blackbeard and his name is not Walter Teach.

This is Blackbeard aka Marshall Teach.

That guy is still unknown.

I forgot all about that guy, seems to have been introduced premature or my memory really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    They should just make Luffy Shichibukai. After all, the Straw hats aren't real pirates as it is: They don't rob civilians or assault civilian ships or port towns. They only fight against other pirates and criminals, as well as corrupt officials. Actually they are Shichibukai already in any other manner but officially.

But considering how corrupt the world government is, I doubt they would do that. They need corrupt or otherwise twisted people in the Shichibukai, not warriors of justice.
    The main problem with that is that Luffy would simply refuse to be a Shichibukai. He wouldn't work for the government, and he definatly wouldn't hunt down other pirates for them. Because all that goes against what his "idea" of Pirate adventure is. Which is all he really cares about.

Hmm... Yeah. A very good point. Well, although great many other pirate crews so far have been wicked, there have also been many less evil ones as well. I guess Luffy mainly selectively remembers only those "honourable" crews like his own, and thus wouldn't hunt down any pirates, just like you said. I didn't come to think of that.

Another reason Luffy wouldn't join the Shichibukai is that in order to join you must abandon your crew. No way Luffy would do that, look what he did for Robin . And the best thing about finding out how strong Shanks crew is, is that I'm guessing none of them use devil fruits since Shanks seems to dislike them.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

I didnt know that there was such a condition that you had to abandon your crew to become a Shichibukai.
    Crocodile (former Shichibukai) had this huge group called Baroque Works which he used to plan the downfall of Arabista. Also there insnt a huge gap between Luffy and Zoro's bounties.

yea flashbacks couldnt have been helped during the ep, 300ep since coby could use the little flashback

need vivi to come back though!! fuck coby :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jadugar
    I didnt know that there was such a condition that you had to abandon your crew to become a Shichibukai.
    Crocodile (former Shichibukai) had this huge group called Baroque Works which he used to plan the downfall of Arabista. Also there insnt a huge gap between Luffy and Zoro's bounties.
    But remember he controlled them as Mr 0 not as Crocodile. To everyone outside of Robin he was the Savior of Arabasta.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Anyone care to offer an explaination as to why Ace carries the name Portogas D. instead of Monkey D. like his brother, father and grandfather?

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    Anyone care to offer an explaination as to why Ace carries the name Portogas D. instead of Monkey D. like his brother, father and grandfather?
    Same mom, different dads? Still, that doesnt explain why Ace and Garp behave similarly in terms of falling asleep anywhere. I am sure there will eventually be a good explanation for it though. Oda isnt the kind to leave loose ends.