Thread: Movie: Onimusha

Movie: Onimusha

According to aintitcool, the Onimusha movie is confirmed, and it stars Takeshi Kaneshiro! Yes, the popular Japanese actor whose face was used in the 1st and 3rd Onimusha game as Samanosuke. Check out the link for more details.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

All I'm going to point out right now is that I WILL see it if it has sequences that can match the opening to game number 3.

KIMOCHI~II

Yeah, that opening sequence is one of the best I've ever seen. The graphics were awesome, and the fighting scenes were fantastic. And having Takeshi Kaneshiro for the movie is the only choice the fans would accept. Some of you might remember him from the movie "The Returner".

Last edited by Psyke; Sun, 06-03-2007 at 04:27 AM.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Omfg, this is great news, not only am i a huge fan of onimusha, it actually stars Takeshi Kaneshiro!! the perfect guy for samanosuke.
    And about the opening sequence, it was mocapped by donnie yen, so i'm guessing kaneshiro has a lot of training to do.
    -----------------

Actually, Takeshi Kaneshiro IS Samanosuke, since they look and sound the same.

I didn't know that Donnie Yen did the motion capture. But that's a very interesting piece of information. I'm hoping the movie get either Yuen Wo Ping or Donnie Yen to do the fights and stunts.

Wow, just remembered that Onimusha 3 also had Jean Reno's semblance in it as Jacque... I seriously wonder whether they're considering a surprise appearance of sorts for the movie.

KIMOCHI~II

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Jean Reno is like a French Samuel L. Jackson. I'd see this if they worked him into it somehow.

I wonder how accessible this movie will be to viewers who aren't familiar with the videogames.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Tue, 06-05-2007 at 04:51 AM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    Actually, Takeshi Kaneshiro IS Samanosuke, since they look and sound the same.
    Yeah i know that, I was acutally more suprised that he would star as samanosuke, cause the reason his face was not used for samanosuke in Shin Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, was because of some stupid thing.
    His agent didn't want him to be connected to a video game character anymore cause it wasn't good for his image or something.
    But now he reprises his role as the red oni, which means he might be back in the next onimusha game too ( that would be sweet).
    Anyway this movie has a budget of 70+ million, so it should turn out pretty sweet, too bad it won't come out until december 2009.
    -----------------

It's great to see the movie get a big budget, and with Takeshi Kaneshiro playing the lead role it should at least do well in Asia.

Power without perception is virtually useless!

Well for all you poor saps that never got to play onimusha 3 or seen the intro, i've uploaded it for you all, in the highest quality available ( taken from pc version):
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2JZE9CUF

Also when Gargant and samanosuke speak its softer cause, i edited it myself, i couldnt stand the english dialog so i changed it, but for those wanting to know, the dialog is:
    gargant: hold it, i will defeat him myself
    sam: gargant(oh)!
    gargant: it's been awhile, samanosuke.
    sam: you...i'll never let you meet nobunaga.

Also i didnt feel like changing nobunaga's small part, cause the jp and eng audio almost sound the same for him.

Enjoy
    -----------------

So the due date for it is December 2009? Oh well... worth the wait I suppose once things are said and done. Should be good!
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

So you are an Onimusha fan? that's pretty cool, seeing how Onimusha caters to Capcom's male "niche" market
    -----------------

I may be female and not the typical fan... but I am one still. :P
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~