Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Starcraft 2

Exclamation Game: Starcraft 2

Starcraft 2 has been officially announced

Trailer only shows the intro

Trailer *Beware! It's really slow right now.

Youtube Link

Some gameplay footage

Screenshots of In-Game footage

Summary of trailer
    - The video was 26 minutes long
    - Video opened with a human prisoner being transformed into a Terran Marine
    - Minerals and vespine gas are confirmed
    - Zealots still have shields and psi blades. New charge attack to let them rush at enemies
    - Still have Siege Tanks. They still Siege. Not much else to say
    - New unit: Protoss Immortals - have special shield that only activates upon being powerfully attacked - siege tanks could barely do any damage to them.
    - Terran reapers - can hop across unever terrain with jump packs - two types of small pistols that don't activate immortals
    - Protoss now have the ability to create shields whereever they want. Protoss can now warp in units from manufacturing facilities anything within pylon range
    -New protoss unit - stalker - can teleport - quadripedal thing - can keep blinking forward - seems to be a shot cooldown on the ability.
    - Zerg have giant worms that dispense Zergling armies
    -Protoss can use phase fields and teleporting abilities to create an army anywhere on the battlefield
    -Protoss colossus - huge unit that can blast out dual lasers and use long legs to traverse differences in terrain height - in the demo two of them obliterate about fifty or so zerglings. Weak against air
    Zerglings can mutate into suicidal bomb things thar roll across the ground - very powerful explosions
    - Protoss Pheonix - can overcharge guns for multiple projectile blast - but after blast the ship is rendered inert for a short period.
    - Pross Warprey - flying unit that does increased damage the longer it hits a target with it's continuous blue laser. Useful against structures as well. Weak against small fire. Marines were shown to take them out.
    - Protoss mother ship. Can only have 1 at a time. Cost a ton. special abilities include timebomb that slows all enemy missiles inside - shows terran missle launcher shooting in projectiles that stop in the field before they reach the ship - when field ends missiles drop the ground - planet cracker attack - giant lasers stream from ship to ground - ship can be moved around while planet cracker laser is active - the ship looks like a metallic, triangular sand dollar - mothership can create a black hole anywhere it wannts to - creates distortion that actually sucks ships in and destroys them - in the demo the black hole destroyed four terran battle cruisers in about ten seconds.
    - Physics engine allows for debris to roll down slopes.
    - Video ends with 100+ Zerglings swarming on screen with no slowdown. They spell out "GG" and are nuked by 3 Terran nukes.
    - A Things to Come clip is shown with new landscapes including Terran ruins and Zerg landscapes.
    Last edited by LaZie; Sat, 05-19-2007 at 02:46 AM.

OMG!! Yes i've been waiting for the 19th to hear this!!! Call me a fanboy as much as you want you bastards! I will so be buying this game

The only thing I dislike is how "cartoonish" everything looks.
    Last edited by joker-kun; Sat, 05-19-2007 at 03:13 AM.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    www.starcraft2.com

The website has finally been put up.
    (And you can see the trailers/cinematic in better quality)

HOLY Fing CRAP MONKEYS YES! My Life for Aiur!!!

I think a lot of people have been waiting for this, and knowing Blizzard, this game will rock. They will not release a game unless it meets high standards.

I can't wait. It's time to rock!

Quote Originally Posted by joker-kun
    The only thing I dislike is how "cartoonish" everything looks.
    Doesn't look any more cartoony than the original. Looks amazing and I can't wait.

Nice, I knew it was gonna be an RTS. Never thought for a second that it would be a new World of Starcraft or some such.

I'm going to agree with Q-Bert about the appearance. It's not nearly as cartoony as WC3 is. It seems more like they tried to match the in game graphics to the CG we've all loved (which looks better than ever). It may not have the really gritty look of the original, but it's not finalized yet. Looks amazing. I hope my computer can play it smoothly. Blizzard has always been light on the requirements, and if I can play Tiberium Wars, it looks like I can play SC2.

One of the biggest things hinted at is terrain differences. The description on the Protoss Stalker unit mentions that it can be used to quickly get up higher terrain for better vantage points. I'm hoping this hints at being able to use terrain the way Warhammer does, where sitting in one spot may have a tactical advantage to a spot a few inches away on the screen. Maybe it's just as simple as being able to see much farther, but even that changes things a lot.

Looks like I'm going to have to learn how to play Protoss all over again...

Really looking forward to this game now, hopefully it wont take too long until it's released. I'd guess it'll be released sometime around 2008 since the first one came 1998.

Here's 2 gameplay demonstration vids i found
    part 1
    part 2

This looks pretty amazing - that Zerg rush in the gameplay video was incredible.

I have to say it's a little predictable, though. I was kind of hoping for Diablo 3 "now in 3D!" but actually that would be just as predictable if not more so than SC2.

It might have been nice to have an entirely new Blizzard franchise. But, they've got 3 insanely popular ones, I doubt there's any real reason to start another right now.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Wow. Simply wow. This is going to be either the most overhyped game ever, or the best sequel ever made. Either way I can't wait to play it. Just the vid of the marine being constructed gave me chills.

I actually kind of like the newer look, as the old one seemed to flat, this one seems much more vibrant and deep. Also, anyone notice how they've remade the dragoons? Slight dissappointment in that they won't be the staple of combat they used to be, but I'm sure they'll make up for it.

Oh, and in before WH40K comparisons.

I wonder if the Dark Templar unit is gonna be in this game. I remember loving that unit when I was a kid, because they were fast, had stealth, hit hard and they looked badass.

I do believe one of their concept arts, and my current background is Zeratul, one of the dark templar.

Quote Originally Posted by Q-BeRt
    Doesn't look any more cartoony than the original. Looks amazing and I can't wait.
    The siege tank is a giant blob... Protoss and zerg like fine. Terran looks retarded.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    I remember reading from www.sc2.org a while back that there would be an addition of units to each race along with the addition of the 'Kerrigan' race.

This should be exiciting. Can't wait to the see Korean pro matches if they decide to use it for MSL/OSL.

Quote Originally Posted by joker-kun
    The siege tank is a giant blob... Protoss and zerg like fine. Terran looks retarded.
    The common units to the original look practically the same, just in 3D. It was hard to tell what features the units had in 2D. The in-game units of SC always looked way different from the concept art.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    A long way from what is shown here however I'm hyped about this it looks awesome so far
    image fail!

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    Even though i am Happy to see Starcraft 2 finally becoming reality.
    I miss Nova..

(Starcraft: Ghost)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    A long way from what is shown here however I'm hyped about this it looks awesome so far
    It's a good thing every single thumbnail on that page doesn't work.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Gameplay Details

I want this game now!

I can't wait for more Zerg stuff though. I used to be a zerg fanatic. :P
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii