Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 126

At any rate, Ishida's dad is don.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    At any rate, Ishida's dad is don.
    I thought his name was ryuuken.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySee
    WOW! This episode makes up for the loss of Kon's perverted adventures. FINALLY Ichigo's no longer an annoying emo-kid and his sidekicks are getting interesting. Finally a reason to keep watching.
    I told you guys, the studios making these anime read these forums and take our suggestions seriously. JaySee was bashing emo-Ichigo in a thread earlier this week, and they answered with badass-Ichigo.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    no blow-by-blow this week...

Okay episode. Interesting that Inoue and Sado's powers have things that they're similair to... Sado's almost obviously being like a Hollow's Release.

I liked Inoue in this episode, and that's saying alot. I liked when she was examining the barrier and had the confidence to go in. Her joke didn't make me laugh though... looks like her training will let her get Tsubaki back next episode

I don't like Ishida much, but I really thought his training scene was the 2nd best thing in the episode (#1 being Hinamori going delusional and starting to act like a crazy Aizen supporter, that was pretty wicked). Granted, the way Quincys regain their powers is idiotic, but whatever, the scene was still pretty good. I always liked Ishida's use of strategy, and his silver tubes offer a nice glimpse of other magic that we hardly see. Also, the part where his father breaks the bind, shoots him, and Ishida falls is the best animation in this episode, hands down. Really liked the angles they used there.

Vaizards are alright with me. Hiyori and Love are my two favorite right now, Love cuz he actually seems to have a brain and deals with serious shit, while the rest of them seem to be committed mostly to comic relief. That green haired girl having natural Hollow endurance leads us back to the question: Does that imply weak Hollow power, or strong will power, and which is better? I'm tempted to say that her inner Hollow is so weak, she doesn't have to really struggle to control it. There's got to be a reason Hiyori is training Ichigo, and I feel it's that they took a long time reigning in their inner power, thus have trouble controlling it.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I thought she was training Ichigo, because like him, Hiyori was one of the Vaizards to took the longest to control the inner Hollow.

It's still too early to tell if they even have any correlation with eachother. Maybe it's due to the Inner Hollow's strength, the Vizard's amount of willpower, or just a random gift on how long you can extend your time in hollow form.

Or maybe its just to do with the fact that none of the other Vaizards can be asked to train Ichigo.

And where did you guys get Sado's power being like a Hollow's? I don't see the link.

Student
    naw, uruhara only said sado's power had great potential, but he didnt know how sado had gained control over it...anyway i have no clue what so ever on how his powers work.

maybe its hollow, maybe its love : PP

Maybe it's Latino Heat O_o

Or maybe the guy hits the gym alot...

And where did you guys get Sado's power being like a Hollow's? I don't see the link.
    Ugh, re-watching Renji training Sado just reminded me how awful the animation is in that part of the episode... The frickin' blue laser beam shooting out of his hand after he punches... They had good animation for Ishida in this episode, why not Sado?

oh yes, the question about his power being like a hollow's. Let's take a look at what Urahara says.

Urahara:
    "Sado-san, your power still has plenty of room to grow. And by using it to fight against a Bankai, it will surely move to the next level. The one thing I'm concerned about is how your power is completely unlike a Shinigami's, or even a Quincy's. Yes, your power is just like...

Well, think, what would Urahara Kisuke, the guy's whose bankai is apparently so badass that he can't train people with it (presumably cuz it'll straight up kill them) have to be concerned about? And, if it ain't a Shinigami, and it ain't a Qunicy, what else do we have left? Bounto? Don't make me laugh! The OP clearly foreshadows something like Inoue "going to the dark side" and joining Aizen. Her power is strangely unique as well...

And, think about what Sado's fighting arm looks like, with that large extension and all. Now think about what else you've seen in the series wearing armor extending out of its body. I don't think this is rocket science.

Finally, immediately after Urahara speaks, not completing his thoughts and telling us what he thinks Sado's power is similar to, what is the very next image we see?

I rest my case.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

and also, chads arm looks exactly like Volcanaca (the released form of that arrancar baldy fought)

Yea but hollow's all have white armour, Sado's is coloured. I'm still not convinced of the hollow argument, as yes suprise suprise it isn't rocket science but too simple. I'm going to reserve judgement, as there could be a as yet undisclosed power type.

Bounto! No, that won't happen, since that was a filler arc. Not all Hollow's have white armor. Those huge Menos Grande that Ichigo cut one of with his unreleased shikai Zangetsu was black and white. The hollow that devoured Kaien wasn't white either, and there're many more examples that I can't think of.

Oh come on that's really grabbing at straws here. Sado is more powerful than some random hollow, and to compare him with that lot is just wrong. Now anything that remotley resembles Sado's arm has the same power?

I'm taking specifics here e.g arrancar, lame hollow, Vaizard, Shinigami etc. You might as well say he's Superman.

You're the one who is denying the truth that's staring you in the face. Urahara said it's not like a shinigami or Quincy, and he doesn't know enough about Arrancar or Vaizard. So what's left? It has to be hollow power.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Oh come on that's really grabbing at straws here. Sado is more powerful than some random hollow, and to compare him with that lot is just wrong. Now anything that remotley resembles Sado's arm has the same power?

I'm taking specifics here e.g arrancar, lame hollow, Vaizard, Shinigami etc. You might as well say he's Superman.
    It doesn't matter if you're talking specifics which you did not specify. You said distinctly "all hollows have white armor". I believe you're the one grabbing at straws.

OK, let me break it down for you. I made a mistake in my first post. The mistake was that I thought people would be able to follow common sense and not try to equate a strong character with any character at all which has the remotest thing in common with him/her.

Because if we are talking any random similarities, then I say Sado's power is like that of Kyōraku Shunsui, Captain of the 8th Sqaud (Ukitake's mate just to make sure there is no misunderstanding here also.

The reason? They wear similar patterned clothing at times.

OK, let me break it down for you. I made a mistake in my first post. The mistake was that I thought people would be able to follow common sense and not try to equate a strong character with any character at all which has the remotest thing in common with him/her.

Because if we are talking any random similarities, then I say Sado's power is like that of Kyōraku Shunsui, Captain of the 8th Sqaud (Ukitake's mate just to make sure there is no misunderstanding here also.

The reason? They wear similar patterned clothing at times.
    You were not proving anything with similiaries you were trying to disprove the reasing that Sado's power could have something to do with hollow's because you were basing it on your assumption that all hollow's have white armor.

... DB, perhaps I did a bad job making my point about Sado's arm resembling Hollow powers. It's not just that they look alike. The Arrancar who fought Ikkaku explained how their armor Release works, that they have their true power hidden in it, almost like a limiter. Sado's character partially revolves around his massive natural power and his efforts to restrain them, something he's been doing as per his Grandpa's instructions for almost his entire adult life.

I stand firmly by my conviction. Sure, maybe there's some crazy abilities that normal, living humans can manifest, but it really doesn't seem to be that common. Just about everyone has marvelled so far at the fact that Sado and Inoue have the powers they do and Urahara just said, at least in Sado's case, that the power isn't like a Shinigami. I doubt that there' s a class of humans that have those skills.

Besides, think about the composition of the scene that I pointed out, how it ends with Urahara's comments. They clearly are meant to arouse suspicion on what exactly Sado's power is. But he doesn't finish his sentence, in classic anime fashion. But what we do get is an absurdly close-up initial shot of Ichigo's Hollow mask, accompanied by a loud scream. Why do that? Seriously, if that wasn't done to hint at Sado having Hollow powers, I can't think of why they would do that.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Tue, 05-22-2007 at 10:12 AM.

There's also the scene where Hachi and the other vaizard discuss how Inoue's barrier powers are fairly similar to his, which would tend to support the Hollow powers theory a bit more.