Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 125

Good episode. I'm curious to find out why exactly Aizen killing the king would be significant, since pretty much the only thing they said about the king was that he's a figure head (read "doesn't do anything significant") in SS. I'm sure they'll explain why the king dying would be devastating later(other than the fact that making the key will kill 100,000 people of course), but from the conversation thus far they made it seem like killing the Captain-Commander would have a greater effect. Questions, questions, and more questions

Also it was nice to get some quick scenes of Chad and Ishida training again. Looking forward to seeing how bad ass Chad is when he gets that arm upgraded since i was kinda dissapointed at how insignificant they made him in the SS arc. Oh and ofcours Ichigo vs Hyori revisited should be fun to watch. Previews made it look like he's gonna hand her her ass....again.

YES! GIN LIVES!

This episode could've had so much more happen in it...

and just a note, the scene with Zaraki Kenpachi isn't filler.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

So in the manga, the only person he hallucinates about is Kenpachi?

That's wierd.

Anyway, the main thing about this episode is that it has me phyched as hell about the future. A future that's probably not even this arc. 10 bucks says that the Spirit King and his Royal Guards are all stronger than captains. Really looking forward to THAT arc.

The other thing of note was how awsome Ichigo's full hollow form was.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    If that was his full form then that almost proves his inner hollow is not a Rank and File one nor a gillian for that matter. It will be very interesting seeing him fight with it like that.

This King thing is interesting on more then a few levels. Aizen isn't dumb he has to have a reason for thinking they way he does. Maybe the "King" has something? maybe he thought up this as sort of bait or illisoin. he did it before, he can do it again. I think he set them up

Badass "cero" by Ichigo though... I wanted him to fire that so bad...
    image fail!

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    Pretty nice episode we got there, it answer some question (like why Ichigo neighbourhood is special).
    Ishida still seems like he is just playing the "Hunt game", and he is the Prey.
    Sado's training is just fighting with Abarai? how boring...

On a side note:
    Nooo!!
    Where is Kon-Sama! I don't wanna see ugly fish face (aka: Gin)! , Bring back Kon-Sama! This show is nothing without the great Kon!

Could the royal guards be Ichigo's father or Kisuke&Co ?

And now that's confusing, inner hollow saying that Ichigo is the king for now, and now we learn that SS got a king. But, is all that related ?

The way I understand it:

Ichigo is 'king' of his inner world, and atm his hollow is the 'horse'.
    It's not really like a king or something, but more like a way to compare their status inside Ichigo. In Ichigo's body, being the king means that he's in control of the body.
    I doubt there is a connection with the SS king.. especially since it is said that he lives in a completely different dimension, and Ichigo clearly doesn't.

Now that Ichigo is an awakened Vaizard or something, shouldn't he be a lot stronger then all the captains? I assume that he's now at least on par with the released Grimmjow..but that is only one Espada, and not even the strongest, so what use do the other captains have? What are your views on this one?

Isshin and Urahara as royal guard... makes kinda sense. That may be an explanation why Isshin's cape is different then the ones of the normal captains.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma
    And now that's confusing, inner hollow saying that Ichigo is the king for now, and now we learn that SS got a king. But, is all that related ?
    Ichigo's inner hollow has always called him "King". It's because he is in control of the inner world in which Hichigo and Zangetsu live, thus he is the king. It's completly unrelated to the SS king.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji
    Now that Ichigo is an awakened Vaizard or something, shouldn't he be a lot stronger then all the captains? I assume that he's now at least on par with the released Grimmjow..but that is only one Espada, and not even the strongest, so what use do the other captains have? What are your views on this one?
    Ichigo is still lacking much experience compared to most of the captains. His extremely high raw power surely means a lot, but it's not like Kenpachi was all high reiatsu, for example. I don't know if Ichigo got anything else out of this than determination, self-confidence, and even more pure power. Though confidence in himself might have been what he most needed, especially considering how he hesitated to use his power fearing it would turn him into a hollow. Now he should be able to go all out with no worries.

In that sense it's no wonder if Kenpachi's scene wasn't a filler. That man surely has few doubts.

Good episode. Specially liked they finally trashed away Kon at the end of every episode.

I wanted to see the other Vaizards hollow form more than Ichigo firing his Cero... but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    I'm curious to find out why exactly Aizen killing the king would be significant, since pretty much the only thing they said about the king was that he's a figure head (read "doesn't do anything significant") in SS.
    The description of Soul Society's King makes his position similar in concept to the Emperor in feudal Japan. The Japanese Emperor was a figurehead, but his position and existence was highly significant because his position's legitimacy was based on being the descendant of the Sun God. The way I see it, Bleach is mirroring this type of setup. The assassination of the leader, actual power wielded or no, would be a devastating blow.

Oh Lowrd,
    This ep was so sweet, everything with Hichigo is great so its speaks for its self, and the whole SS King and the Royal Guard seems very interesting, i bet the Royal Guard could pwnd the captains and the Espadas, well time will tell. And do you think you can see the SS king like a God or something?

Pretty good episode. Animation was fantastic, storyline was fleshed out and progressed, good action and humor too. I liked the light-hearted Orihime scenes and the big-screen communicator.

They really breezed through the inner battle between Ichigo and his hollow. They went from Kensei at 20 minutes to Love at 68 minutes, or something like that. I wonder how much they elaborated on the fights between the Vaizards and hollow-Ichigo in the manga? That would have been a great way to expand the manga material and extend the anime.

The preview looks like a lot of filler training material, which could be cool or suck. I wish they'd integrate filler fight scenes into manga material more seamlessly, instead of one episode of all manga material, then an episode of all filler. Unless I'm wrong and next episode isn't all filler?

Bring back Kon and Shinigami Golden Cup!

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Definatly. the Spirit King is probably the most powerful character in the series so far.

That, or or in usual anime fashion, he'll be senile and powerless.

I'm guessing the Spirit King either made SS or else his will maintains it.

Either way, I think Aizen just wants to kill him to he can take over everything.

Well if he's just a figurehead, how will killing him allow Aizen to take over everything? Defeating a figurehead might hurt the morale of an organization or country, but it doesn't make you the new figurehead, and it doesn't make you all powerful.

Unless the Spirit King wields or guards real power, there's something else that Aizen is after. Maybe being the spirit king gives you authority over the 13 protection squads?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji
    The way I understand it:

Isshin and Urahara as royal guard... makes kinda sense. That may be an explanation why Isshin's cape is different then the ones of the normal captains.
    It doesn't make sense since Urahara was the previous 12th squad captain. And I was going to say why Isshin being one doesn't make sense either, but I believe that hasn't been in the anime yet.

edit:
    It has been, as Isshin was clearly wearing a Captain's uniform when he beat the shit out of that Grand Fisher dude.

Episode was lame and boring. Hichigo killed so easily and with no animation was a huge disappointment. Filler fighting should have been added. Orihime's scenes were annoying. Emo to goofball. Explanation was long and boring. Filler extending Ichigo's inner and outer battles would've been good. I can understand not showing the outer battle so as not to spoil the Vaizards, but one hit kill on Hichigo with no animation was stupid. The cock tease flashes of Sado and the other guys training was also stupid. Those were perfect opportunities for entertaining filler. The explanation crap was too overdrawn and totally uninteresting. City in danger, must power up, big fight coming, let's all train... Sounds all too familiar... Snooze fest a coming... And the actual entertaining stuff, KON, is GONE!!!

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Good episode. I'm curious to find out why exactly Aizen killing the king would be significant, since pretty much the only thing they said about the king was that he's a figure head (read "doesn't do anything significant") in SS. I'm sure they'll explain why the king dying would be devastating later(other than the fact that making the key will kill 100,000 people of course), but from the conversation thus far they made it seem like killing the Captain-Commander would have a greater effect. Questions, questions, and more questions
    To me, The King is comparable to God. Leaves the world alone, doesn't do anything, doesn't intervene, just sort of watches and is a major figure head. Imagine the chaos if someone somehow figured out to how enter Heaven and kill God.
    Last edited by an0nym0u5; Sun, 01-02-2011 at 01:34 AM. Reason: broken links

Remember when aizen left SS with Gin and Tousen in those beams of light?

He said that SS worships a god that doesn't exist. He said that there was no one standing in heaven to begin with, but now he will stand in heaven.