Thread: Filler Arcs

Filler Arcs

I did a search of the forum for filler arcs as i'm about to start downloading and watching this anime and was a bit surprised to see not much came up. So i'm wondering, is the reason there seem to be no threads complaining about filler mean that unlike other anime One piece filler isn't utter crap and is actually worth watching? If not then could someone clue me in as to wich ep's are filler so i can avoid downloading them?

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Try this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_One_Piece_episodes

You can search for the term "filler."

The way in which one piece filler differs from most other series I watch is...there's never much in any one chunk. Filler arcs are like 4-10 episodes, and then it goes right back to the story.

As far as quality goes, they're way better than the naruto fillers, and not as good as the Bleach filler.

Thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated.

Need Some Help With OP Anime

I've just recently gotten in to watching One Piece and I had a question about the fillers. I have only just seen the first season (ep 1-26, I dont think this season had any fillers)
    and I was wondering if any one could tell me what episodes in the series are filler material. The reason I ask this is because there are so many episodes and i'd rather not take hours and bandwidth usage to download episodes of filler. Also I was wondering if the fillers come in seasons or are just spread out throughout the series. Any and all help is very much appreciated

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

If feeling lazy episodes 54-61, 131-143, 196-206, 220-226, 291-292 are all fillers. Enjoy One Piece its one of the best anime's ever.

The wikipedia link in that thread requires some leafing through to find out which episodes are filler within some non-filler arcs. As noted, some episodes contain part filler part canon material and other fillers are actually good enough that you wouldn't realize it's filler unless you were told beforehand. In any case, I'll go ahead and list the full filler eps for you without the episode titles (source):

50-51
    54-60
    98, 99, 101, 102
    131-143
    196-206
    213-216
    220-225
    279-283

Wow thanks for the replies you guys Now its time for me to enjoy this series without filler thanks to you three*

Some fillers are worth watching though. I think 50, 196-206 is worth watching.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    The second half of 61 is almost canon. If you ignore the filler, the storm they're in is the same one they were in when they left Loguetown. Of course, there's that weird weasel guy they deal with for like a minute.

It's the best way to watch that part of the series. You don't lose the excitement the Loguetown arc built up.