Thread: China's "Disneyland"

China's "Disneyland"

I'm both shocked and amazed by the videos.....

Fakes a real fact of life in China's heated economy

BS Amusement Park Official site

Japanese reports:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V68HiXdwwvs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-JULFxB0sk

Frankly I'm surprised the Ninja Turtles weren't there.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I was skipping through that first video, unintentionally stopped at this scene and just burst out laughing http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9...ndchinats5.png

I can't even tell which Dwarf that is. The quality is so terrible. I loved the Hello Kitty as well. Reminded me of Azumanga Daioh.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

why is there a window in her crotch?

I was wondering the same thing, till I realised from the video that it was a mirror.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

On one hand, its cool cause Disney is full of corporate assholes that always jack up copyright laws in their favor just to maintain privately-owned rights to their artifacts....so its nice to see people just stick it to them and ignore their intellectual property ownership.

On the other hand, its sad to know that stealing other people's shit is what will ultimately give China its leverage in the world economy.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    Next thing we gonna hear is the US going to war against China for being asshole.

The china government are idiots.
    They limit their citizen on the web. But don't do a shit when it comes to copyrights.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Steve's right, it's pathetic that people can't make an honest living and need to steal others' ideas instead. China may enjoy some immediate success from such rip-offs, but when they hit the ceiling, it'll be impossible to rely ripping off of others. They'll need to actually do something well besides ripping off others...

then again, i don't think it'll be as big a deal as bio's making it out to be...

and Disney does blow.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Too bad I can't translate all the interviews in the video. But the best one has to be the interview with the Chinese Park manager:

Manager: We have no relations with Disney.
    Reporter: Do you have Mickey Mouse here?
    Manager: No. What we have is "da er mao" (direct translation: big ear cat). It's a cat.

Amazing how he tries to convince that Mickey is actually a cat.

lol...anyone else thing those mickey mouse pictures look kinda creepy?

This kind of stuff is common in China. A lot of products sold in stores are also ripoffs, especially food.

China is a sad, sad place.

Jounin
    I so want to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by SK
    China is a sad, sad place.
    Well, if the likes of "Mickey Mouse," "Snow White," or "Goofy" aren't making the kiddies happy in Disneyland China, as you can see, they've still got Doraemon and Hello Kitty to make up for it!

KIMOCHI~II

The Japanese report with English subtitles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YgGl7knURc